***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Hopefully we can learn from this and not make the same mistake again. If this is our only bad loss then we'll be fine.

I'm concerned with Pitino leaving starters in for so long. They looked totally out of it. If they don't want to play, I'm sure there's someone on the bench who does.

And there goes Washington... not passing for a 3, instead trying to do his jelly.

He was easily the only bright spot. Who gives a s*** about a garbage time layup attempt.

Some of the games we won, he out coached the other coach.
It is kind of how it works.

I agree he was outcoached tonight. Maybe we should fire him.

Maybe it's because we have superior talent and are just winning because of that? The only team I can say had superior talent then ours was Miami, but even that game, we should have made it closer than it was.

Pitino can recruit... and I'm sure he can win most games because of talent, but he just doesn't know what to do yet when things aren't going good. I'm sure he'll figure things out and get better, but he certainly has some learning to do.

Bo Borofski is approaching Hightower/Valentine rarified air. If the key to stopping the Gophers is assaulting Lynch and Murphy and hope they decide to swallow their whistles, I can live with that. I’ve got to think we aren’t going to have this level of officiating incompetence all year

Don't want to hear anything about how proud Pitino was of his guys playing to the end or any platitudes about how well Nebraska played.

One team wanted to win, the other didn't. It was that simple.

Losing is one thing, but lack of effort is another. Losing to Miami is one thing, losing to freaking Nebraska is another.

These guys wasted a bunch of road trip dollars with that "effort" tonight.

Just stopped back to say good night. I quit watching at halftime and watched Curb Your Enthusiasm. No pun intended. I hope that they play better so that I can watch. It's too painful to watch when they play like they did tonight.

If they don't want to play, I'm sure there's someone on the bench who does.

The bench doesn't look like they want to play or at least doesn't look like they believe they can play.

Notre Dame lost at home to an unranked team. Texas A&M lost on the road to an Arizona team who got beat by 25 by Purdue.

I wonder if both of those teams will just pack it in for the year?

Why on earth Pitino didn't zone them out of the first half I have no idea. The Huskers played okay, but they knew exactly what to expect each and every time down the floor. Even if you think you have the superior talent, at some point you have to accept that things aren't going your way, and change your look. Just once I wanted to see them employ a full court press, and trap. Just once, I wanted to see them come out in a zone. I didn't want to see them do it when the game was already freaking over. So annoyed by the entirety of this game. It's just one loss, but a completely avoidable one in my estimation.

Hopefully we can learn from this and not make the same mistake again. If this is our only bad loss then we'll be fine.

I'm concerned with Pitino leaving starters in for so long. They looked totally out of it. If they don't want to play, I'm sure there's someone on the bench who does.

Konate, Fitzgerald, Hurt, Washington and their 5 pts, 2/12 shooting, 3 rebounds and 7 fouls say hi

Well he already won at Providence who's better than Arkansas. Maybe he can figure it out.
And he just proved that he a) got outcoached by Tim Miles and b) let the team overlook Nebraska.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yow. Whupped in every phase of the game. Bench play was abysmal, ant the reining B1G 10 coach of the year could have been replaced by a cardboard cutout tonight.

Maybe it's because we have superior talent and are just winning because of that? The only team I can say had superior talent then ours was Miami, but even that game, we should have made it closer than it was.

Pitino can recruit... and I'm sure he can win most games because of talent, but he just doesn't know what to do yet when things aren't going good. I'm sure he'll figure things out and get better, but he certainly has some learning to do.
What is your solution? Role with it? Or fire him? Really those are your two option.

You’ll choose option 3 and just whine and complain all the time. Yes he gets outcoached sometimes, as does almost everyone.

Notre Dame lost at home to an unranked team. Texas A&M lost on the road to an Arizona team who got beat by 25 by Purdue.

I wonder if both of those teams will just pack it in for the year?

They showed a complete lack of interest/energy.....Inexcusable.

Why on earth Pitino didn't zone them out of the first half I have no idea. The Huskers played okay, but they knew exactly what to expect each and every time down the floor. Even if you think you have the superior talent, at some point you have to accept that things aren't going your way, and change your look. Just once I wanted to see them employ a full court press, and trap. Just once, I wanted to see them come out in a zone. I didn't want to see them do it when the game was already freaking over. So annoyed by the entirety of this game. It's just one loss, but a completely avoidable one in my estimation.

^exactly my point. No in game adjustment at all.... until there was 2 mins left.

Didn’t watch the first half but when you’re getting outrebounded and don’t like to play zone...tough to switch to it early.

What is your solution? Role with it? Or fire him? Really those are your two option.

You’ll choose option 3 and just whine and complain all the time. Yes he gets outcoached sometimes, as does almost everyone.

Fire him. Top 10 or bust. We're Minnesota after all. We fire 9-4 football coaches. We fire basketball coaches for losing in the round of 32. Win now or GTFO. :cool:

Didn’t watch the first half but when you’re getting outrebounded and don’t like to play zone...tough to switch to it early.

It's about changing the momentum, not switching to it for the remainder of the game. One or two possessions would have been enough to keep them guessing. We're a good rebounding team, maybe it would have switched the rebounding momentum when it wasn't going our way.

Dude, why are you on my nutts? I'm just voicing my opinions that we were outcoached. Did I say I wanted him fired? I have no solution, I just hope he learns from this. If you don't like someone's opinion, don't read. Don't answer. You've been on my nutts even though you agree with me. I don't get it?

if The team would have played all game with the same defensive intensity they did the last five minutes we would have won by 15.

Konate, Fitzgerald, Hurt, Washington and their 5 pts, 2/12 shooting, 3 rebounds and 7 fouls say hi

Hurt and Harris didn't look bad, at least in comparison to the starters. Plus all of the guys who never left the bench.

I totally agree with your zone comment. We have not used one all year. It may not work, but it may work. Change the look. That's basic basketball 101. We hedge on screens and go over the top every time. The opponent drives the lane and we foul or make a hero out of their point guard. Check the stats tonight. They shot poorly from 3 and we made their point guard look like a hero. We were also in foul trouble. How about a zone to protect the paint and our guys in foul trouble. It would also be beneficial to Hurt, Konate and Fitz who had trouble all year guarding more athletic opponents. My guess is that we will start seeing some zone and it may just work. At least it would require the opponent to make an adjustment.

Dude, why are you on my nutts? I'm just voicing my opinions that we were outcoached. Did I say I wanted him fired? I have no solution, I just hope he learns from this. If you don't like someone's opinion, don't read. Don't answer. You've been on my nutts even though you agree with me. I don't get it?

It's completely allowed on this blog to voice complaints last time I checked. Also, from that last time I checked, none of our opinions matter, so we can pretty much say whatever we want. Just look at the trolls on here, they can say what they want as well.

I totally agree with your zone comment. We have not used one all year. It may not work, but it may work. Change the look. That's basic basketball 101. We hedge on screens and go over the top every time. The opponent drives the lane and we foul or make a hero out of their point guard. Check the stats tonight. They shot poorly from 3 and we made their point guard look like a hero. We were also in foul trouble. How about a zone to protect the paint and our guys in foul trouble. It would also be beneficial to Hurt, Konate and Fitz who had trouble all year guarding more athletic opponents. My guess is that we will start seeing some zone and it may just work. At least it would require the opponent to make an adjustment.

Exactly, exactly. It beats the pants off watching our team continue to fail at what we pretty much know they're going to fail at by a certain point in a game.

Just stopped back to say good night. I quit watching at halftime and watched Curb Your Enthusiasm. No pun intended. I hope that they play better so that I can watch. It's too painful to watch when they play like they did tonight.

Watching this game was as painful as a paintball down your throat.

Why can they not pass out of a double?

Hard to do that when nobody comes for the ball. We had guys running away from others being double-teamed, which is ridiculous. That's something you're taught in junior high.

Also, our post players were awful in every phase, so when you try to pass out of a double-team to posts who are completely clueless (as ours were tonight), it really sets you back.

Fitz just got a steal because he was so out of position on defense. How is this guy playing Big Ten basketball?

It's a legit question at this point. He has shown absolutely nothing so far.

Top Bottom