***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

How are we losing to these clowns. There coach looks like a child molester

Lots of whiners about the officiating tonight. Based on what I saw in the first half, Nebraska just may be a better team than us.

You’d think that after the football playoff shutout and the ACC massacre, the Big Ten wouldn’t want to Montreal screwjob one of its only good teams

Gophers struggle when teams force them into half-court sets.
Nebraska is playing tough defense and getting some home cooking from the refs.

Worst half the guys have played this year. Offense was stagnant and guys are getting out-hustled all over the court.

Better wake up and actually start playing or we're going to lose to possibly the worst team in the league.

With that said, this reffing crew is straight up garbage.

Gophers did not play good that half.

I usually don’t say anything about the refs but that was as bad as an officiated half I’ve ever seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone mentioned the officiating? Absolutely ridiculous. Need to show some resolve and get back in this.

Fitzgerald shouldn’t play at all. Ever.

We have Hurt, Konate and Fitz in there and we're trying to play them straight up man. Don't blame the officials. We constantly let them get to the rim. Switch up the defense. Just ry it. Embarrassing making Nebraska look like all conference.

Our bench is bad. The officiating isn't much better.

Lots of whiners about the officiating tonight. Based on what I saw in the first half, Nebraska just may be a better team than us.

Got it. Yep. Running up the score on us with Konate and Hurt in the game.

Hot take.

13 to 7 fouls
13 to 5 free throws

Complete bull$hit.

Horribly biased officiating, but good teams do overcome. Lets go Gophers!

Officiating aside, we still aren't playing great. We need to box out on the glass and work the ball around more on offense. We should have several player advantages that Pitino is not exploiting. Again, I recognize the crappy fouls are ruining any flow but we've lost out on a lot of loose balls and they've had many open 3 looks. Christ, this is flipping Nebraska.

Despite the poor officiating, if Pitino loses there again, part of that blame goes on him for getting schooled by Tim Miles for the umpteenth time.

One of the most lopsided officiated games I have seen in awhile.

Bad officiating + whining team = frustrating half

You can only control one of those two things. Maybe play through it rather than whining about it. Whining about officials is the fans job. If the players do it, they aren’t focused on important task.

Played like garbage and got completely out hustled

We absolutely have to stay out of 2nd half foul trouble or there is ZERO chance we come back.

We know Konate cannot score but Fitz is atrocious - What are we shooting 20% and we foul them every time... I hate losing to Nebraska there...... Murphy having his worst game tonight

Nebraska is a garbage team no doubt. There is nothing about them that should be fazing the Gophers this much.

But in order for the guys to have a chance, they might want to start executing, rebounding and hustling just a bit.

Neb bench 9 points 3 fouls...
Minn bench 0 points 6 fouls
Ugh!

Regarding the officiating, the second foul on Lynch was a ref realizing that he made a bad out of bounds call and gave the ball back to Nebraska. WOW, way to give our front court another foul, F'ing terrible. I didn't notice too many missed calls when we were on offense, but some of those calls on Bakary and Hurt were major headscratchers. I hope they get a call from the league at the half.

Looks as if they sold a lot of those $2.00 tickets.

The whole scenario where the ball went OB off McBrayer, but the ref gave the Gophers the ball, likely knowing he needed to after not calling the foul when McBrayers arm was yanked...then the crowd went nuts...and the other official called an offensive foul on Reggie after the inbounds, was a very bizarre situation.

McBrayer gets his arm held, and the ball goes off him...ref thinking "gee, I better give the Gophers the ball since I didnt call the foul"

Crowd reacts to the replay showing the ball going off McBrayer. Other ref gets influenced and thinks he's doing a good make up call.

Top Bottom