Other B1G Ten games Decemeber 4-10

DOOK down to unranked BC with 30 secs left!

DOOK down to unranked BC with 30 secs left!

2017 #1 overall PG Trevon Duvall - who Jelly went head to head with in that all-star game - called for a HUGE intentional foul with 15 secs left. Oh wait, you're telling me even the best freshmen in the country make mistakes??

BC lost to Nebraska. Gopher7633 about to place Duke on Bubble watch :cool:

#1, #2, #5, #7 and #9 ALL lose to UNRANKED teams in one week! Gopher7633 must be really struggling to find solid NCAA teams right now!

Michigan with a big comeback against UCLA. Down 11 with 6 minutes left. Now going to OT.

Wisconsin getting blown out by Marquette in the Kohl Center. About to drop to 4-7. Now that's a team that will need 12 B1G wins to make the NCAAs.

I would love to see that program go into a 10-year funk. They've had it too good for too long.

Wisconsin getting blown out by Marquette in the Kohl Center. About to drop to 4-7. Now that's a team that will need 12 B1G wins to make the NCAAs.

They lost 2 of their 7 rotation players for an extended period of time before today’s game. I was thinking they’d sneak in but I’m ready to call them done this year.

They’ll probably be good again next year but we can enjoy it for the next 10 months.

They lost 2 of their 7 rotation players for an extended period of time before today’s game. I was thinking they’d sneak in but I’m ready to call them done this year.

They’ll probably be good again next year but we can enjoy it for the next 10 months.

Wisconsin's in for quite a rebuild. Happ will continue to pave over some cracks and they may end up finishing top half next year as their freshman group will have a year under their belt but there's not a ton coming after them. Taylor Currie is talented but a project that will need a couple years and Hedstrom is a taller Illikainen. This is why losing Herro was a program changer for them because there's a good chance he's a high level 4 year player. 2019 is a pivotal recruiting class for them and one that will likely decide how much staying power Gard will have.

Wisconsin's in for quite a rebuild. Happ will continue to pave over some cracks and they may end up finishing top half next year as their freshman group will have a year under their belt but there's not a ton coming after them. Taylor Currie is talented but a project that will need a couple years and Hedstrom is a taller Illikainen. This is why losing Herro was a program changer for them because there's a good chance he's a high level 4 year player. 2019 is a pivotal recruiting class for them and one that will likely decide how much staying power Gard will have.

Don't you think Happ will definitely leave for the NBA after this year?

In terms of them being a top 5 or 10 team again, sure that recruiting loss hurts.

Take a look at their schedule. They’re not 4-7 bad. They lost a bunch of close games to good teams with a bunch of freshmen on the court for them. I don’t think they’re a final four team but they’ll win 20+ games next year which is what they always used to do.

After next year I don’t know their recruiting as you do, but they will have good enough upperclassmen at that point but maybe they won’t have enough coming after it.

Here we go!

Indiana battling at Louisville in 2nd half.

Nebraska up by 5 at half at Creighton.

These would be two big non-con wins for the B10! Def pulling for the Huskers (the worst team in the Big 10??, haha) here.

Don't you think Happ will definitely leave for the NBA after this year?

I don't think he's even projected to be drafted at this point. He's too small to be a center and his shooting is too limited to be a 4.

I don't think he's even projected to be drafted at this point. He's too small to be a center and his shooting is too limited to be a 4.

Crazy fall for him. I swear last year they had him projected as a first-rounder

Does anyone know Wisconsin’s scholarship situation? It looks like they have 2 recruits for 2018 but only 1 senior on the roster? Are they counting on Happ leaving or do they have an open scholly?

Either way, I don’t see how anyone can say that they will be improved next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In terms of them being a top 5 or 10 team again, sure that recruiting loss hurts.

Take a look at their schedule. They’re not 4-7 bad. They lost a bunch of close games to good teams with a bunch of freshmen on the court for them. I don’t think they’re a final four team but they’ll win 20+ games next year which is what they always used to do.

After next year I don’t know their recruiting as you do, but they will have good enough upperclassmen at that point but maybe they won’t have enough coming after it.

No matter the pieces the system will always keep them in shouting distance in games no matter who they play and when you have an exceptional talent like Happ it's going to be closer than it otherwise should be. We've seen what happens when you limit him or take him out of the game. The problem they have is no one else on that team scares anybody. You couldn't help off Koenig or Hayes because they were all conference talents. Even Showalter was a good enough shooter to make teams think twice about leaving him. In their sophomore seasons are Davison and Revuers going to turn into the go to scorers they need to balance out their offense? Seems unlikely that soon. They could overcome the double and triple teams Happ is seeing through outside shooting but they've been worse than the Gophers from 3.

Maybe all these guys make tremendous leaps as upperclassmen but seeing how their junior class has developed since Gard has taken over, there's not much reason to believe that will happen. Guys like Pritzl, Iverson, Illikainen and so on still look the same players they were as freshmen.

What I don't understand about Wisconsin is how much in state talent they have seemingly allowed to leave. They never offered Sam Hauser back in 2016 which meant they were never getting Joey Hauser. They never offered the younger Antetokounmpo. Never offered Terrence Lewis who went to ISU either.

Seems like they have not offered a good portion of the top end talent in Wisconsin in the past few years. The excting thing about all of this is that they completely blew the chance to captialize on the success of their final four trips in recruting. They won't make the tournament this year or next year and if they don't get a great 2019 class they are unlikely to make the tourney over the next 3 years.
:clap:

What I don't understand about Wisconsin is how much in state talent they have seemingly allowed to leave. They never offered Sam Hauser back in 2016 which meant they were never getting Joey Hauser. They never offered the younger Antetokounmpo. Never offered Terrence Lewis who went to ISU either.

Seems like they have not offered a good portion of the top end talent in Wisconsin in the past few years. The excting thing about all of this is that they completely blew the chance to captialize on the success of their final four trips in recruting. They won't make the tournament this year or next year and if they don't get a great 2019 class they are unlikely to make the tourney over the next 3 years.
:clap:

Again, I think this year is toast for them but look at their schedule and the results. They got ambushed by OSU and Marquette but this is not a 4-7 Rutgers or a 4-7 directional team. They’ve played 8 relatively tough games and lost 7 of them but were in the game in almost all of them.

Do not do this to yourself. You’ll hate yourself next year for it.

We may be sitting at 6-5 with their schedule so far. We’re better than them but we’d be probably ready to fire Pitino at that record.

B1G goes 1-5 in games of significance yesterday. And there aren't many games left to make a statement in OOC play.

Purdue plays Butler. Nebraska plays Kansas. Ohio State plays UNC. Northwestern plays Oklahoma. Michigan plays Texas. Indiana plays Notre Dame. Rutgers plays Seton Hall. Illinois plays Missouri. Iowa plays Colorado. I'd be surprised if the league won more than 2 of those games.

BC lost to Nebraska. Gopher7633 about to place Duke on Bubble watch :cool:

lol. Well I'd say we definitely are now. We can't lose between now and Purdue if we envision staying on the right side of it.

#1, #2, #5, #7 and #9 ALL lose to UNRANKED teams in one week! Gopher7633 must be really struggling to find solid NCAA teams right now!

Big East, ACC, SEC and Big 12 are going to dominate the at-large selections this year if I had to guess. B1G is looking like a 4/5 bid league.

Top Bottom