ESPN: LaVar Ball pulls son LiAngelo Ball out of UCLA

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

LaVar Ball told ESPN that he has pulled his son LiAngelo out of UCLA.

"We are exploring other options with Gelo," LaVar Ball said. "He's out of there."

The news was first reported by TMZ.

LiAngelo Ball, a freshman, is one of three UCLA basketball players who were indefinitely suspended after a shoplifting incident in China.

Ball, the middle Ball brother, did not play a single game in college after being suspended from the team -- along with teammates Cody Riley and Jalen Hill.

"I'm not sitting back and waiting," LaVar Ball told ESPN. "He wasn't punished this bad in China."

"We get back over here and the consequences were even stiffer than China. So basically they're in jail here."

Ball told ESPN he hasn't decided where LiAngelo will play this season.

"I'm going to make him way better for the draft than UCLA ever could have," he said.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...67748/lavar-ball-pulls-son-liangelo-ball-ucla

Go Gophers!!

This dude... he's like a fictional character.

This dude... he's like a fictional character.

I'm shocked he doesn't have the family on its own reality TV show or has that genre passed us by already?

Playing college basketball is a privilege not a right and the privilege is managed (mostly) by the school. Somebody remind LaVar of that.

Isn't this the one who is a notch below the talent level of the other two? Good luck with the draft.

LiAngelo will not be drafted.

And the Balls have a Facebook reality show

Might as well have the youngest find somewhere else to play also. UCLA coach would be a fool to put up with this family. And family, I mean the old man.

It's out time for LiAngelo to become a man and tell his dad where to stick it. Get off the helicopter young man. It's your life, not your old man's.

Three letters are all that is needed here: Lol...

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

This was really stupid by LaVar, for multiple reasons. LiAngelo was never going to play in the NBA anyway, and at least he could've used UCLA as a scapegoat. Now, when that inevitability happens, all of the blame will end up directly on him.

Lonzo is good (and LaMelo is probably even better), but LiAngelo is not that good and if not for his last name would probably be playing for a Big West or WCC school.

This couldn't have worked out any better for my own personal enjoyment and entertainment!

This was really stupid by LaVar, for multiple reasons. LiAngelo was never going to play in the NBA anyway, and at least he could've used UCLA as a scapegoat. Now, when that inevitability happens, all of the blame will end up directly on him.

Lonzo is good (and LaMelo is probably even better), but LiAngelo is not that good and if not for his last name would probably be playing for a Big West or WCC school.

He doesn't care. He'll have Gelo go play in Europe for a couple of years and do whatever he can to get his name out there. Then he can come home, wash his brother jocks and hold some BS title at BBB, and Daddy will take credit for opening up the "European Market". Gelo will get paid, and the entire family will be a tragedy/drama the entire time.

I'm admittedly (a bit embarrassed) fascinated by this entire saga. I follow a lot of sports business experts and the amount of marketing dollars and publicity being generated by Lavar is staggering. If you look at Social Media mentions, etc. his Big Baller Brand is up there with some of the most reputable global brands. If he has the right people in place he could have something here...

That being said, it's a shame the pressure he's put on Lonzo, who could actually be a pretty good player and by all accounts is a solid young man. If the brand succeeds it will be a fascinating case study one day.

What is a Facebook reality show? (not a regular user of the website so I honestly don't know what this is)

I’m not entirely sure but I believe a show broadcast only on Facebook. Pretty much like what people do on YouTube but instead on Facebook.

I’m not entirely sure but I believe a show broadcast only on Facebook. Pretty much like what people do on YouTube but instead on Facebook.

[emoji1303] LOL not watching YouTube channels either, but I think I get the idea. Thought he wanted to get paid to be on tv tho

[emoji1303] LOL not watching YouTube channels either, but I think I get the idea. Thought he wanted to get paid to be on tv tho

I assure you, they're getting paid. I'd recommend firing up the old Google machine and looking into YouTube "stars" earrings. You'll be flabbergasted. Hundreds of teens and twenty somethings earning six figure annual incomes or more. The times are a changing...

I assure you, they're getting paid. I'd recommend firing up the old Google machine and looking into YouTube "stars" earrings. You'll be flabbergasted. Hundreds of teens and twenty somethings earning six figure annual incomes or more. The times are a changing...

That's "youtube earnings" vs earrings for those playing at home.

He doesn't care. He'll have Gelo go play in Europe for a couple of years and do whatever he can to get his name out there. Then he can come home, wash his brother jocks and hold some BS title at BBB, and Daddy will take credit for opening up the "European Market". Gelo will get paid, and the entire family will be a tragedy/drama the entire time.

You totally nailed it. Just got a yahoosports alert saying they are exploring options for both the middle son and youngest son to play overseas.

You totally nailed it. Just got a yahoosports alert saying they are exploring options for both the middle son and youngest son to play overseas.

Not China I presume :confused:

Theoretical dollars don't always translate to real dollars

I'm admittedly (a bit embarrassed) fascinated by this entire saga. I follow a lot of sports business experts and the amount of marketing dollars and publicity being generated by Lavar is staggering. If you look at Social Media mentions, etc. his Big Baller Brand is up there with some of the most reputable global brands. If he has the right people in place he could have something here...

That being said, it's a shame the pressure he's put on Lonzo, who could actually be a pretty good player and by all accounts is a solid young man. If the brand succeeds it will be a fascinating case study one day.

It all rest on Lonzo. The less he performs the crazier lavar has to be to stay relevant. Middle kid is not going to the NBA, youngest has three years until eligible for the draft. Lonzo needs to perform for the sake of the brand, mediocre to good players don't sell sneakers

It all rest on Lonzo. The less he performs the crazier lavar has to be to stay relevant. Middle kid is not going to the NBA, youngest has three years until eligible for the draft. Lonzo needs to perform for the sake of the brand, mediocre to good players don't sell sneakers

Huge gamble the family took on themselves. Lonzo passed up on $10M+ guaranteed money on his rookie shoe deal, potentially more.

Top Bottom