ESPN: LaVar Ball pulls son LiAngelo Ball out of UCLA

Wow....just wow...not even sure where to start with that one.

maybe the part where I tell you you suck as a person because you're actively rooting against a 16 year old kid because you don't like his dad?

Valid thoughts.
- Far as I know the Balls were living a fairly solid middle class type of life for a while so its not like Lavar was trimming hedges for a living before. If he was a full time trainer he was clearly doing somewhat ok before so I'm guessing he had some business acumen. Also, this man has generated more free PR for his company than just about anyone ever but people with no business acumen constantly question his, lol.

- Personally, I reject the 'who profits' argument. I mean I understand it, I just disagree with it. Its one thing to 'exploit' your child and force them to do things purely for your benefit. But a parent profiting off of their kids talents isn't inherently wrong. Why are we so ok with Nike profiting off a kid's talent but 'worried' about the kids family profiting off of it? Think about how backwards that is. Plus this is gravy money. If Lonzo is even a decent player he'll make $8-12 mil a year for 5-10 years. He'll be fine. He can afford to take this risk far more than someone making $30K a year

- The price of the shoes has 0 to do with his intentions. That said nobody thinks BBB is about charity. Its a for profit business. They're trying to make money. The price of the initial shoe is high but only those with money bought them. Again, why is it a problem when Ball is selling shoes for $500 but not when a major company does it? Its a business. People will buy or they wont. Do you buy Nike because you think Phil Knight is in it for the benefit of you and me? lol. If Lavar Ball was a Plumber and your next door neighbor and started Ball & Sons Plumbing and had his kids come work for him after high school you wouldn't care (I'm guessing). At least I know I wouldn't. If what he's doing fails guess what? At least 2 of his sons will get paid 6 or 7 figures yearly for 7-15 years playing basketball in the NBA or in Europe. Not a bad fall back plan

Fair enough. It sounds like we fundamentally disagree on some things, but that is ok and I at least see your reasoning.

- Can't disagree that he has brought a ton of free PR. He certainly knows how to draw attention to himself. I do have a problem with some of the values he appears to hold and promote. On multiple instances he has said "stay in your lane" in reference to women participating and commenting on sports. It's pretty clear that he doesn't see men and women as equals, and I have a problem with that. As far as the overall business acumen I'm not sure. I guess time will tell. I can see how he would be a good personal trainer. He's loud and has raised three athletic kids so I'm sure he knows a thing or two about athletic training. I'm not sure that translates to running an apparel company.

- Here is where we fundamentally disagree. (And again, that's fine.) My problem with it is that he is costing his kid money (at least in the short term --
I think we can agree that Lonzo would have made more money from Nike/Adidas in year one than he's going to make being with BBB) so that he can go out and form his own company. It's just a lot of unnecessary risk. What if Lonzo gets seriously injured? It's a poor business decision. One of many Lavar has made or advised on so far.

I'm ok with Nike profiting off of the kid because they can pay him $10M over three years to do it. Lavar isn't in a position to pay him even in the same stratosphere as Nike right now. And I don't agree that it is gravy money. Nike/Adidas could have paid Lonzo close to the same amount as he is going to make in his rookie contract. Many NBA players make just as much from endorsements as they do from the NBA.

- I don't have a problem with the price of the shoes. If he can make the most money doing it that way then by all means, have at it. I think he could make more money - not just sell more shoes, but make more money - by selling the shoe at $100. He's missing a lot of what should be his target market at that price point, but that is a whole different argument. I was more responding to the point that Lavar is standing up for the little guy and trying to make a statement about the big shoe companies. I don't think Lavar is about standing up for the little guy at all and I don't think he is trying to make a point at all. I think he just wants money.

A shoe/apparel contract is almost always the best way for a player to make big money off the court. If Lavar wanted to start a candy company or a plumbing company or whatever, and have Lonzo endorse it then I'd be fine with that. Because in that case there is a lot less risk involved. But because he is dead set on going the apparel/shoe route the opportunity cost to his son is much greater.

Lastly, I don't like the way he is handling things with Liangelo. Sure, college isn't for everyone. But Liangelo doesn't appear to have the basketball talent that the other sons do. Pulling him out of college was a bad decision. Liangelo is the one of the three who may actually need a degree unless he plans on riding the coattails of his brothers forever. Why pull him out of school? So he can go make 2 grand a month playing in Serbia? A free UCLA education is the best offer he is going to get, and now Lavar has taken that off the table. It's not in Gelo's best interest to leave school.

That's an objectively terrible argument. Just because people want something as is doesn't make it non exploitative. Many people would commit minor crimes to be paid more, that doesn't mean the wage they're receiving is fair. A person living on $1 a day would kill to make $2 a day. Almost every slave would've given their left nut for a steak. Just because people want something doesn't mean it's fair. There are 14 scholarship players receiving the equivalent of say $50K worth of education which is $700K. Meanwhile the average ticket at Williams arena is $30 and with a capacity of 14625 that means they can bring in $438,750 in just one of their about 20 home games. So yea, I'd say those kids are getting exploited

On the subject of terrible arguments....you get that all the ticket money brought in is not profit right? Not making this about whether the players are getting paid or not because I do think there is an argument that can be made for that but what you are implying with your post is just wrong.

That's an objectively terrible argument. Just because people want something as is doesn't make it non exploitative. Many people would commit minor crimes to be paid more, that doesn't mean the wage they're receiving is fair. A person living on $1 a day would kill to make $2 a day. Almost every slave would've given their left nut for a steak. Just because people want something doesn't mean it's fair. There are 14 scholarship players receiving the equivalent of say $50K worth of education which is $700K. Meanwhile the average ticket at Williams arena is $30 and with a capacity of 14625 that means they can bring in $438,750 in just one of their about 20 home games. So yea, I'd say those kids are getting exploited

I'd say some of the higher end college players are definitely exploited - though most of those guys would have option of making a million bucks to play overseas so they are basically choosing their path.

I disagree that all players are being exploited. Most college players couldn't make 50 grand playing basketball on their own. Take Michael Hurt for example. He's a great comparison to Liangelo. He doesn't provide much value to the U of M. We could easily insert a generic 2-3 star player in for him and no one would really notice. He's getting a free education, plenty of free stuff, academic assistance if he wants it, monthly living stipend, and training from top-level coaches. I'd say that's a pretty good deal for him.

maybe the part where I tell you you suck as a person because you're actively rooting against a 16 year old kid because you don't like his dad?

Rooting against might be a bad choice of words but I know for a fact that there are many people out there that don't want the kids to succeed because they can't stand Lavar. If you did a poll you would find yourself in a very small group that apparently thinks he should be up for father or man of the year.

I don't have a problem with what Lavar does business wise. If he wants to start his own brand and charge an insane amount of money for a pair of shoes then more power to him.

My issue with Lavar is that he is a scumbag of a person. He has made many racist, sexist, and just plain stupid comments all in his quest to promote himself and his brand.

By your logic, everyone on Earth who is drawing a wage or a salary is being exploited. People who control access to finite and in-demand resources are always going to have far more money and power than those who don't. That's not unfair or exploitative - that's life.

On the subject of terrible arguments....you get that all the ticket money brought in is not profit right? Not making this about whether the players are getting paid or not because I do think there is an argument that can be made for that but what you are implying with your post is just wrong.

Yea I understand that, just making the point that the amount, in dollars, they receive is comparable to the amount, in dollars, brought in in just a few games. The school builds 14k stadiums and spends the money on travel, unis, gear, etc because they know they're turning a profit

Rooting against might be a bad choice of words but I know for a fact that there are many people out there that don't want the kids to succeed because they can't stand Lavar. If you did a poll you would find yourself in a very small group that apparently thinks he should be up for father or man of the year.

I don't have a problem with what Lavar does business wise. If he wants to start his own brand and charge an insane amount of money for a pair of shoes then more power to him.

My issue with Lavar is that he is a scumbag of a person. He has made many racist, sexist, and just plain stupid comments all in his quest to promote himself and his brand.

I haven't held him up to be any sort of pinnacle of manhood or fatherhood. I simply respect the hustle and respect the Balls doing their own thing and giving it a shot. Also, nah to the racist part.

Exactly. People always look at the revenue side and never the expense.

I remember, growing up in a farming community, the town gossips would always say, "So-and-so must be crazy rich - look at the amount of corn they are selling. They have to be making hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, every year." Well, sure, they were bringing in that much in revenue. But the gossips didn't see the bills for land, seed, combines, tractors, labor, taxes.

Everyone would love to have seemingly endless revenue streams without the corresponding overhead entailed.

Fair enough. It sounds like we fundamentally disagree on some things, but that is ok and I at least see your reasoning.

- Can't disagree that he has brought a ton of free PR. He certainly knows how to draw attention to himself. I do have a problem with some of the values he appears to hold and promote. On multiple instances he has said "stay in your lane" in reference to women participating and commenting on sports. It's pretty clear that he doesn't see men and women as equals, and I have a problem with that. As far as the overall business acumen I'm not sure. I guess time will tell. I can see how he would be a good personal trainer. He's loud and has raised three athletic kids so I'm sure he knows a thing or two about athletic training. I'm not sure that translates to running an apparel company.

- Here is where we fundamentally disagree. (And again, that's fine.) My problem with it is that he is costing his kid money (at least in the short term --
I think we can agree that Lonzo would have made more money from Nike/Adidas in year one than he's going to make being with BBB) so that he can go out and form his own company. It's just a lot of unnecessary risk. What if Lonzo gets seriously injured? It's a poor business decision. One of many Lavar has made or advised on so far.

I'm ok with Nike profiting off of the kid because they can pay him $10M over three years to do it. Lavar isn't in a position to pay him even in the same stratosphere as Nike right now. And I don't agree that it is gravy money. Nike/Adidas could have paid Lonzo close to the same amount as he is going to make in his rookie contract. Many NBA players make just as much from endorsements as they do from the NBA.

- I don't have a problem with the price of the shoes. If he can make the most money doing it that way then by all means, have at it. I think he could make more money - not just sell more shoes, but make more money - by selling the shoe at $100. He's missing a lot of what should be his target market at that price point, but that is a whole different argument. I was more responding to the point that Lavar is standing up for the little guy and trying to make a statement about the big shoe companies. I don't think Lavar is about standing up for the little guy at all and I don't think he is trying to make a point at all. I think he just wants money.

A shoe/apparel contract is almost always the best way for a player to make big money off the court. If Lavar wanted to start a candy company or a plumbing company or whatever, and have Lonzo endorse it then I'd be fine with that. Because in that case there is a lot less risk involved. But because he is dead set on going the apparel/shoe route the opportunity cost to his son is much greater.

Lastly, I don't like the way he is handling things with Liangelo. Sure, college isn't for everyone. But Liangelo doesn't appear to have the basketball talent that the other sons do. Pulling him out of college was a bad decision. Liangelo is the one of the three who may actually need a degree unless he plans on riding the coattails of his brothers forever. Why pull him out of school? So he can go make 2 grand a month playing in Serbia? A free UCLA education is the best offer he is going to get, and now Lavar has taken that off the table. It's not in Gelo's best interest to leave school.

- very true I/we have no idea if he has what it takes to be the CEO of a company like that. But IMO the same could've been said about most people that started his or her own business with big goals

- we can disagree here. I mean, yes, Lonzo objectively walked away from a lot of money short term and the guaranteed aspect of it. But to me its cool that they made that choice and that 'sacrifice' for autonomy and to do their own thing. It could certainly backfire, but 999/1000 athletes take the money from big companies. I'm intrigued by the one that says 'hey, let me make my own money from my own brand instead of taking your check'.
And yea, I exaggerated with 'gravy' money.
- regarding the cost I think there are 2 points. As an independent start up, they're not producing enough shoes to be able to significantly reduce production costs so they're going to cost a lot. Also, I think they're specifically trying to get into the high end apparel market. NBA players are wearing $600 sweat shorts (no lie: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/The-Mans-Store/Apparel/Shorts/cat51230758/c.cat ). The price point is meant to brand themselves in that market. They're not trying to compete with the Kyrie's and KD shoes, they're going for something else. Is that a great idea? I dont know but that's what they're shooting for.
- I agree that the LiAngelo situation is weird. BUT if he gets paid over in Europe it won't be the worst thing in the world. That said I don't know if he will.

I'd say some of the higher end college players are definitely exploited - though most of those guys would have option of making a million bucks to play overseas so they are basically choosing their path.

I disagree that all players are being exploited. Most college players couldn't make 50 grand playing basketball on their own. Take Michael Hurt for example. He's a great comparison to Liangelo. He doesn't provide much value to the U of M. We could easily insert a generic 2-3 star player in for him and no one would really notice. He's getting a free education, plenty of free stuff, academic assistance if he wants it, monthly living stipend, and training from top-level coaches. I'd say that's a pretty good deal for him.

Hurt is still on a team making tons of money. There are different solutions to the issue and different viewpoints but the NCAA refusing to allow players to profit beyond the cost of tuition and room and board is a farce (yes I know there is a small stipend) when they're making money hand over fist. There's a reason that model doesn't exist anywhere else.

By your logic, everyone on Earth who is drawing a wage or a salary is being exploited. People who control access to finite and in-demand resources are always going to have far more money and power than those who don't. That's not unfair or exploitative - that's life.

to an extent, most are. But in a society that values the free market its odd you argue that college athletes are the only ones that should not be allowed to make money. Even if you don't want the NCAA paying them, you're also saying its a good thing that they can't even make their own money. A guy cant make $50 selling an autograph, $100 working a basketball camp or even a dollar from his jersey being sold in the school store. That's exploitation. The NCAA has declared that only they get to make any money off of a kid's talent. Imagine a record company telling an artist they signed that they can't write a book or make an appearance.

to an extent, most are.

Ah, so the main issue is that you don't understand the definition of the word "exploitation." You throw it around because it sounds scary and foreboding.

But in a society that values the free market its odd you argue that college athletes are the only ones that should not be allowed to make money. Even if you don't want the NCAA paying them, you're also saying its a good thing that they can't even make their own money. A guy cant make $50 selling an autograph, $100 working a basketball camp or even a dollar from his jersey being sold in the school store. That's exploitation. The NCAA has declared that only they get to make any money off of a kid's talent. Imagine a record company telling an artist they signed that they can't write a book or make an appearance.

It's not exploitation. It's a two-way street - they agree to certain conditions when they sign on for a scholarship. They are free to withdraw from their scholarship and do any of those things at any time. Isaiah Washington could drop out of school right now and do all of those things to his heart's content. Why isn't he? It's because the NCAA is, by far, the best option he has if he wants to stay here in the U.S. It's not the NCAA's fault that they are, by FAR, the best option for someone not yet eligible for the NBA. It is a free market. The athlete is being compensated (not in cash) in return for his services. Again, that's the way the world works.

Imagine a record company telling an artist they signed that they can't write a book or make an appearance.

If a recording artist signed a contract that prohibited the artist from writing a book or making an appearance - I can imagine that very easily.

Hurt is still on a team making tons of money. There are different solutions to the issue and different viewpoints but the NCAA refusing to allow players to profit beyond the cost of tuition and room and board is a farce (yes I know there is a small stipend) when they're making money hand over fist. There's a reason that model doesn't exist anywhere else.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on Hurt. I don't think very many people (outside of his family/friends/etc. - and most of them don't have to pay for tickets) go to Gopher games or tune in on TV just so they can see him play so I don't see how Michael Hurt makes the basketball team any more money than a generic 2-3 star player of which there are thousands. He's probably overpaid if anything.

I haven't held him up to be any sort of pinnacle of manhood or fatherhood. I simply respect the hustle and respect the Balls doing their own thing and giving it a shot. Also, nah to the racist part.

"Realistically you can't win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow," - fine, take it out of the racist column and add it to the stupid one if you want to. If you take that statement and change white guys to black guys and make the person saying it white instead of black how would it be viewed? I think the word most would go with is racist.

I get it to a degree, he has to be controversial to keep people talking about him and his brand because if he isn't interesting then nobody will give a crap about some guy trying to start up his own brand centered around his son who may or may not end up being a star player in the league.

No, we're rooting against him because he shows up to his birthday party in a Ferrari and jacked up enough shots in a HS game to score 90+ points. People haven't liked spoiled, self-centered kids for decades.

No, we're rooting against him because he shows up to his birthday party in a Ferrari and jacked up enough shots in a HS game to score 90+ points. People haven't liked spoiled, self-centered kids for decades.

So you're rooting against a 16 year old because he has a Ferrari and cherry picked. Cool thing.

So you're rooting against a 16 year old because he has a Ferrari and cherry picked. Cool thing.

You're the first person I've ever heard of outside of the Ball family supporting this kid. That's honest. I'd like to make you a plaque.

Neither of these kids will play in the NBA or Europe. Maybe Iceland. It's gonna be HIGH-larious watching this ship sink.

I can't wait til there's an "E True Hollywood Story: The Ball Brothers" and it's just a newer version of "Corey and Corey". I hope on my next trip to LA, I see LaMelo working a corner on Sunset.

You're the first person I've ever heard of outside of the Ball family supporting this kid. That's honest. I'd like to make you a plaque.

Neither of these kids will play in the NBA or Europe. Maybe Iceland. It's gonna be HIGH-larious watching this ship sink.

I can't wait til there's an "E True Hollywood Story: The Ball Brothers" and it's just a newer version of "Corey and Corey". I hope on my next trip to LA, I see LaMelo working a corner on Sunset.

The kid has 3 mil followers on instagram and posts youtube videos that get over a million views yet everyone you talk to dislikes the kid? Think that says moreabout who you're around than anything. Maybe you only talk to a specific subset of people? I'm actually pretty indifferent to the individual but I think its far more interesting when grown men dislike a kid for whatever reason. All I know is that the Ball family seems to piss off old republican types

The kid has 3 mil followers on instagram and posts youtube videos that get over a million views yet everyone you talk to dislikes the kid? Think that says moreabout who you're around than anything. Maybe you only talk to a specific subset of people? I'm actually pretty indifferent to the individual but I think its far more interesting when grown men dislike a kid for whatever reason. All I know is that the Ball family seems to piss off old republican types

I'm the furthest on this board from "an old Republican type". It's just fun to be a hater sometimes. Point blank. But honestly, you're whole "16-year-old" argument rings hollow with me. We are cheering hard against kids who are 18 every weekend as college sports fans. So because I want Duke to lose and they start a ton of 18-year-olds, does that make me weird? No, it means I hate Duke. So I don't see a big difference with a 16-year-old kid who is already turned professional by his Dad.

I don't like Duke because of Coach K. I don't like the Ball kids because of Lavar. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

I'm the furthest on this board from "an old Republican type". It's just fun to be a hater sometimes. Point blank. But honestly, you're whole "16-year-old" argument rings hollow with me. We are cheering hard against kids who are 18 every weekend as college sports fans. So because I want Duke to lose and they start a ton of 18-year-olds, does that make me weird? No, it means I hate Duke. So I don't see a big difference with a 16-year-old kid who is already turned professional by his Dad.

I don't like Duke because of Coach K. I don't like the Ball kids because of Lavar. It's not a hard concept to grasp.
can't argue with that, lol. I'd say the difference between the two examples you gave are in one case you're/we're rooting against someone because they represent a team we dislike. Melo isn't on a team. Other thing is if you can't stand coach K its at least somewhat reasonable to then not like those who make the choice to align themselves with him. That's a little different than disliking a kid because of his father. For example I hate Wisconsin like the next guy but I don't dislike Russel Wilson's wife or JJ Watts future kids. But like you said, sometimes its fun to hate on folks. Just think it needs to stay healthy

Few things:
1 - nobody ever thought LiAngelo was going to be an NBA player
2 - While LaMelo started off looking kind of like a gimmick he's now looking like a legit NBA prospect
3 - High school games mean next to nothing for NBA evals. Scouts and coaches focus faaaarrr more on AAU play and summer camps when they're playing with and against other top competition. College coaches barely pay attention to high school games these days. NBA scouts definitely don't
4 - We've seen guys skip college and go play overseas for a year and still get drafted in the lottery. Its a model that has worked. Skipping college to play overseas for 3 years hasn't been tried by an American but almost all of the European guys drafted in the first round were playing pro ball at least by the age of 16 if not earlier. Rubio, Porzingis, etc. Those guys leave traditional schooling to focus on basketball regularly so its not like this isn't something that's ever done.
5 - I think its a bit ridiculous to imply that the other brothers haven't been putting in 'the work'. What is that based on? 2 years ago they were the nucleus of a state title HS team. Lonzo became a top 3 pick. LaMelo moved up the scout rankings. Everything I've seen makes it seem like Lavar is serious as a trainer with them.
6 - Yea, 'endless' training does kind of work. The players that improve the most are those that work on their game the most

Careful Oleboy. You're making some sense here which could offend some people...

I could've sworn entrepreneurship is something many Americans swear they're all about. Could've sworn the loss of small, independently owned businesses is something people have been up in arms about for some time now. Could've sworn job creation and creativity are positive economic values. Odd that you aren't for those things...

I am for those things, but as you said, I am not "all about it." Class and respect for others is still important even if one is a small business entrepreneur.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per ESPN:

LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball are in serious discussions to sign professional basketball contracts with Lithuanian club Prienu Vytautas, sources told ESPN.

The club plans to decide in the next 24-to-48 hours whether to finalize agreements with the two American teenagers, sources told ESPN.

If signed, the franchise has hopes that the Balls - including their father LaVar -- could be a marketing boon for the fledgling franchise, sources told ESPN.

LiAngelo and LaMelo are the younger brothers of Los Angeles Lakers guard Lonzo Ball. LiAngelo withdrew from UCLA after the school suspended him following a shoplifting incident on the team's tour of China. LaVar said he would have both his sons bypass college basketball and planned to search out pro jobs overseas. LaMelo was a junior in high school but dropped out.

Vytautas plays in the Lithuanian (LKL) league, but it is unlikely the Ball brothers would see significant playing time in that league. Vytautus also plays in the lesser competitive Baltic League, where the teenagers could see more playing time. The team has discussed a role of 20-to-25 minutes a game apiece in the Baltic League, a source told ESPN.

Prienu Vytautuas, or BC Prineai as it's often called, is a low-level club from a small, non-English speaking village of roughly 10,000 people in southern Lithuania. The team has been grappling with financial issues, and started the season losing 8 of its first 12 games in the Lithuanian league.

The team is 4-1 in the Baltic League after its lone loss came on a forfeiture. The game was abandoned with 3 minutes to go at 65-65 after the coach was ejected due to some questionable calls.

Vytautuas has sparingly signed American players in the past decade, only ex-Vanderbilt guard Brad Tinsley. He left the team after a month.

The club plays in a 1700 seat arena. 500 of those seats are reserved for team sponsors and their friends. Tickets cost around 5 euro.

The team has no general manager and doesn't practice regularly due to the poor financial situation.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ball-serious-talks-lithuanian-basketball-club

Go Gophers!!

per ESPN:

LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball are in serious discussions to sign professional basketball contracts with Lithuanian club Prienu Vytautas, sources told ESPN.

The club plans to decide in the next 24-to-48 hours whether to finalize agreements with the two American teenagers, sources told ESPN.

If signed, the franchise has hopes that the Balls - including their father LaVar -- could be a marketing boon for the fledgling franchise, sources told ESPN.

LiAngelo and LaMelo are the younger brothers of Los Angeles Lakers guard Lonzo Ball. LiAngelo withdrew from UCLA after the school suspended him following a shoplifting incident on the team's tour of China. LaVar said he would have both his sons bypass college basketball and planned to search out pro jobs overseas. LaMelo was a junior in high school but dropped out.

Vytautas plays in the Lithuanian (LKL) league, but it is unlikely the Ball brothers would see significant playing time in that league. Vytautus also plays in the lesser competitive Baltic League, where the teenagers could see more playing time. The team has discussed a role of 20-to-25 minutes a game apiece in the Baltic League, a source told ESPN.

Prienu Vytautuas, or BC Prineai as it's often called, is a low-level club from a small, non-English speaking village of roughly 10,000 people in southern Lithuania. The team has been grappling with financial issues, and started the season losing 8 of its first 12 games in the Lithuanian league.

The team is 4-1 in the Baltic League after its lone loss came on a forfeiture. The game was abandoned with 3 minutes to go at 65-65 after the coach was ejected due to some questionable calls.

Vytautuas has sparingly signed American players in the past decade, only ex-Vanderbilt guard Brad Tinsley. He left the team after a month.

The club plays in a 1700 seat arena. 500 of those seats are reserved for team sponsors and their friends. Tickets cost around 5 euro.

The team has no general manager and doesn't practice regularly due to the poor financial situation.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ball-serious-talks-lithuanian-basketball-club

Go Gophers!!

Full clown show. It's like watching a train wreck. LaVar Ball is the Paris Hilton of basketball (AKA famous for no reason)

Seating for 1700? Don't practice regularly? Poor financial situation? 20-25 minutes a game in the Baltic League? Small, non-English speaking village of 10,000? Yea, good thing Lavar pulled him out of UCLA and got him in a better situation.

What is the over/under on how many days they last?

Next time I'm feeling down I'll just think "It can always be worse. What if LaVar Ball was my father".

We've heard that Lavar moves are brilliant and calculated. I am not seeing the logic in signing with the Lithuanian club team.

Top Bottom