Wayzata 8th-grader

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Any of the local �� recruiting gurus know anything about the 8th-grader (Cam Heide) Wayzata is bringing up to its varsity team? Is Wayzata any good this year?

Time to start the All Things Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread.

6'4 guard with good athleticism and a good stroke from outside. Supposed to be up and down between whatever 8th grade team he plays for and Varsity. Their AD made a rule that if you bring up an 8th grader it has to be for varsity - cannot play JV.

Wayzata lacks depth so it was a good option for now and the future I believe.

6'4 guard with good athleticism and a good stroke from outside. Supposed to be up and down between whatever 8th grade team he plays for and Varsity. Their AD made a rule that if you bring up an 8th grader it has to be for varsity - cannot play JV.

Wayzata lacks depth so it was a good option for now and the future I believe.

So he is playing for an 8th grade team AND the varsity? That seems unlikely.

So he is playing for an 8th grade team AND the varsity? That seems unlikely.

Well, I'm sure he will play more varsity than not but the plan wasn't to have him full time varsity. I'm not the coach so guess we will see. But he cannot play JV. And it would be harmful to have him sitting on the bench not getting time somewhere.

Apparently Brainerd also has an 8th grader playing varsity. He is a stud on the football field as well as baseball field as well. I don't know his name though.

The way he runs and shoots reminds me of J.P Macura when Macura was in 9th-10th grade. Looks like he'll have a similar body type and skill set. Surprised Schnettler is bringing him up though. They have decent depth at the guard spots with Beeninga and Paulsen and that other good 3 pt shooter.

Top Bottom