Uni colors

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
Is there a strategy behind when we wear which home uniform color?

Like ride one until you lose and then switch?

While I'm at it...when was white first introduced? Early 90s?

I'm a young pup on this site but I believe Musselman introduced the gold uniforms. Growing up I can't remember seeing white until the Monson years but remember the women always wearing white

Good point about Muss. I now see a picture of Lou Hudson wearing white. So it's not that white is relatively new, it was just gone for a while...

There's not even a specific maroon or gold associated with the U, which is weird if you think about it. If there is, it's not followed uniformly at all.

White uni's have been around a long time. Probably back to the 50's.

There's not even a specific maroon or gold associated with the U, which is weird if you think about it. If there is, it's not followed uniformly at all.

Yes there is. The U/athletic department have tried to make all the uniforms/sports/colors be consistent over the past few years.

Thank you

Also,

https://university-relations.umn.edu/resources/colors-and-type

As a younger-ish grad, I remember when they started breaking out the whites again around 2003/04

University web standards are one thing, but the athletic department and licensed clothing manufacturers use a wide range of interpretations of maroon and gold. One look at Goldy’s Locker Room should prove the point.

Put Williams Arena into an image search and see all the shades of maroon involved in recent court designs, compare them to the seats, the shade used by the football team in recent years, etc

Top Bottom