Buffalo, WMU and NM Lobos Eligible But Didn't Get a Bowl Bid

Iceland12

Reaction score
Buffalo and WMU Eligible Don't Get Bowl Bid

Anybody else finish 6-6 or better and not get a bowl bid?

* Fixed it.

The New Mexico Lobos finished 3-9. New Mexico State finished 6-6 and accepted an invitation to the Arizona Bowl.

New Mexico State is 6 -6 and they're going to the Arizona bowl. It's been 57 years since they went to a bowl game.

Correct on all accounts.
And, a great story. They played Utah State in the Sun Bowl in 1960. 57 years later, they meet again.

Opening with 2 straight bowl teams next season

Such delicious irony.

New Mexico State by all rights should be in the Mountain West, along with Idaho. But those last two teams from older versions of the WAC were blackballed from joining the conference.

This year they finally turn it around enough to get to 6-6 while New Mexico languishes at 3-9.

Such delicious irony.

New Mexico State by all rights should be in the Mountain West, along with Idaho. But those last two teams from older versions of the WAC were blackballed from joining the conference.

This year they finally turn it around enough to get to 6-6 while New Mexico languishes at 3-9.

They should be in the conference if you believe in forcing conferences to take on teams that are a drag on the conference

No worse than San Jose State!

Not according to the mountain west conference. San Jose State gets you football and basketball games near San Francisco at least.

New Mexico State has aggievision I guess

Opening with 2 straight bowl teams next season

I don’t know what they bring back but Fresno was legit this year. Also, Miami OH was 5-7 but with an 0-5 in one possession games.

Not according to the mountain west conference.

I would have chosen SJ over Idaho and NM St, too, if under the same artificial limitation of taking all but two of the former WAC teams. They all should be in it. My opinion ... not really worth arguing over.

I would have chosen SJ over Idaho and NM St, too, if under the same artificial limitation of taking all but two of the former WAC teams. They all should be in it. My opinion ... not really worth arguing over.

Fortunately for the mountain west you don’t get to make those decisions.

They weren’t under a limitation. Could’ve taken them if they wanted them. Didn’t want them. Adding two teams that add no revenue to split the pot an extra two ways would literally have cost each team in the conference tens of thousands of dollars per year.

Whoa, tens of thousands!! The horror!

So as I said, they should be in. Stupid argument.

Top Bottom