Washington looks miserable

I found it interesting that - with McBrayer on the shelf - a) he didn’t start, b) he wasn’t the first, second or third guy off the bench, finally entering the game around the midway point of the first half and c) he played his most “mature” game of his short career.

His passing, ball movement, shot selection, decision-making, defensive intensity, handle and “smoothness” were all as good I’ve seen all year. Certainly as a collection.

He would have had 15 assists if anyone could finish. Lots of superb drive-and-dish plays.

I found it interesting that - with McBrayer on the shelf - a) he didn’t start, b) he wasn’t the first, second or third guy off the bench, finally entering the game around the midway point of the first half and c) he played his most “mature” game of his short career.

His passing, ball movement, shot selection, decision-making, defensive intensity, handle and “smoothness” were all as good I’ve seen all year. Certainly as a collection.

He would have had 15 assists if anyone could finish. Lots of superb drive-and-dish plays.

He set Hurt and Konate up with multiple gimmees that they managed to blow.

Washington was one of the few bright spots tonight with the caveat that it was against awful competition. Hopefully he can build on this game and the Gophers could really use his ability to break guys down 1v1 and create for others.

Slow clapping.......

I liked what I saw of IW22 tonight. I hope his play continues to improve and that he pushes the upperclassmen to step up their game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Exactly exactly what we were saying up in our seats. I only saw once where he got downright beat by his guy. He might have gotten caught leaning the wrong way a couple three times, but that was simply a very good defensive game by any measure. Compared to early in the year, it's night and day.

On offense, he can do things out there that other guys can't do. He's the kind of player you want on your team. I felt like, last night, I was seeing the future of the team.

He played well last night, was at the game. Washington looked calm, cool and in control. Like has been said would have had more assists but Hurt/Konate can not finish at the rim. Konate had one series where he missed a dunk, layup and traveled, LOL.

Exactly exactly what we were saying up in our seats. I only saw once where he got downright beat by his guy. He might have gotten caught leaning the wrong way a couple three times, but that was simply a very good defensive game by any measure. Compared to early in the year, it's night and day.

On offense, he can do things out there that other guys can't do. He's the kind of player you want on your team. I felt like, last night, I was seeing the future of the team.

Great to hear that he seems to be figuring things out. Obviously the opponent has to be taken into consideration but really since the Miami game he has been showing steady signs of growth. Kid has so much ability, hopefully over time he develops into a great weapon for us.

Top Bottom