Purdue upping the lighting game

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
This is pretty dope:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Frozen Fours have been doing that the last few years. Looks really nice on ice...

That's impressive. I fear our fans would complain.

Go Gophers!!

They do that at a lot of hockey stadiums. That is awesome tho, great idea. That would be cool for Minnesota to do

I fear if we darkened the lights like that at The Barn they wouldn't come back on again.

I fear if we darkened the lights like that at The Barn they wouldn't come back on again.

Always have said that we should turn the lights off for the intro video but I too fear that at minimum the Barn would be one of those gyms where you then have to wait a half hour while the lights are slowly gaining energy.

Very cool! That’s what u get from an engineering school.

The lights do take ~15 minutes to come back on. Pitino has talked about getting new lights so that they can do this/dim the lights for the intro video, but that must not have been in the budget this year.

looks like NBA style entertainment, a little over the top for my tastes

maybe if Mariucci had a goal horn like every other hockey B1G school I'd feel like we're on these bandwagons

The lights do take ~15 minutes to come back on. Pitino has talked about getting new lights so that they can do this/dim the lights for the intro video, but that must not have been in the budget this year.

I've been told Williams will have this starting around January 1st

Or someone would fall off the floor and break their neck.

That's one of the reasons why I think they wouldn't do something like this. The raised floor could cause some problems. It would be really cool though.

The people in the lower level wouldn't be able to see the stuff on the floor very well, so it wouldn't be as cool at Williams Arena compared to other places.

Have seen that done in other places and it is really cool. Love the 3d effect they are able to get at times with it. Would expect to see this kind of thing become more and more common.

looks like NBA style entertainment, a little over the top for my tastes

maybe if Mariucci had a goal horn like every other hockey B1G school I'd feel like we're on these bandwagons

Mariucci has a goal horn now... I would LOVE this in Mariucci. Recruits would love it. Pro style environment is a good thing. I feel like UND will get it at some point since they have the closest thing to an NHL arena.

I'd love this in Williams. Introductions now are very bland.

That's a long time for the visiting team to sit in the dark. Pitino should bring som big-ass shop lights so we can keep coaching during the intros when we go to Purdon't.

Top Bottom