Big Ten Bowl Games Thread

I would normally have no problem with Michigan being the only team to lose, its just that it means letting an SEC team win. That was going to be part of the fun of going 8-0, was that meaning another loss for an SEC team.

SEC teams regularly get overrated, and when they win bowl games where they are playing in their backyards practically and far more often than B1G teams, got favorable matchups, they love pointing to those bowl wins as proof of how awesome they are. SEC people, as a whole, are not as intelligent as B1G people, as a whole, so if they can get away with cheating, especially if its a legal way of cheating, by scheduling nothing but creampuffs in their ooc part of their scedules, and then getting the edge in their bowl matchups, they will. They have no shame about doing it, either.

Well, I guess we can see why Shea Patterson is transferring to Michigan. It’s amazing how snake bit they’ve been at QB.

I would normally have no problem with Michigan being the only team to lose, its just that it means letting an SEC team win. That was going to be part of the fun of going 8-0, was that meaning another loss for an SEC team.

SEC teams regularly get overrated, and when they win bowl games where they are playing in their backyards practically and far more often than B1G teams, got favorable matchups, they love pointing to those bowl wins as proof of how awesome they are. SEC people, as a whole, are not as intelligent as B1G people, as a whole, so if they can get away with cheating, especially if its a legal way of cheating, by scheduling nothing but creampuffs in their ooc part of their scedules, and then getting the edge in their bowl matchups, they will. They have no shame about doing it, either.

How is the SEC overrated? They have the best recruiting bases and get the cream of those players. We are happy when we get sloppy third 3-stars from the South.

Don't understand why Michigan didn't run the ball on 3rd or 4th down there.

Auburn is struggling/losing to a G5 team, so don’t worry the SEC will face plenty of deserved scorn. Now let’s hope they flop in the CFP.

What’s the deal with the James Holmes orange hair at Michigan? That and the Wild Thing cut on the kicker. Michigan is dou**y enough already.

Damn. There goes perfect bowl record, and lost to a damn SEC team.

Still a great run by the Big Ten though!

Don't understand why Michigan didn't run the ball on 3rd or 4th down there.

I don't get why their QB slid a yard short of the first down marker. There's just over a minute left in the game - lower your head and try and move the chains.

Perhaps this is a bad time but the 247 talent rankings:

Michigan 7
S. Carolina 27

Auburn 8
UCF 55

The 6th place big ten team losing to the 5th place SEC team proves the superiority of the SEC

Harbaugh out coached himself in this one. Self inflicted loss.

Said it before, will say it again. We are competing for recruits. Coach upheaval elsewhere and rival losses help us recruit from the pool of midwestern players. Power 5 teams are guaranteed a seat at the National playoff table, all other things equal. Scott Frost looks like he’s legit. Brohm is legit. West getting tougher. Limited pool of recruits. We need any advantage we can get.

The Big Ten reputation thing is misplaced worry. The Big Ten was really pretty bad - somebody else posted the record- but has rebounded in recent years. No danger of relegation.

If they do then 2 teams in the College Playoffs will have lost to Auburn, and the undefeated UCF Knights will be left out.

PICK SIX! UCF 34 Auburn 20 !

Which sort of demonstrates the weakness of the current system. Frankly, I hate it. It sucks.

The SEC’s success has clearly made you respect them more.

Michigan defeating an 8 point dog in USCarolina isn’t going to move the perception needle. Michigan beating Alabama would move the needle. Luckily or not this year the Big Tens top teams were locked out of the big bowls and everything slid down a notch of competition. Have we (Big Ten) had any upsets? Purdue over Arizona maybe? Any others? I hadn’t looked at the lines other than SC/OSU.

Oklahoma and Clemson need to take care of business.
What if Michigan loses to the Gamecocks?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Said it before, will say it again. We are competing for recruits. Coach upheaval elsewhere and rival losses help us recruit from the pool of midwestern players. Power 5 teams are guaranteed a seat at the National playoff table, all other things equal. Scott Frost looks like he’s legit. Brohm is legit. West getting tougher. Limited pool of recruits. We need any advantage we can get.

The Big Ten reputation thing is misplaced worry. The Big Ten was really pretty bad - somebody else posted the record- but has rebounded in recent years. No danger of relegation.
The Big Ten referees in the Sun Bowl certainly made the conference look like video review dependant buffoons.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

How is the SEC overrated? They have the best recruiting bases and get the cream of those players. We are happy when we get sloppy third 3-stars from the South.

Well see you might sit in here and talk only to Gopher fans all cfb season long, but I don't. I spend a lot of time talking to fans from all the other conferences and everyone that is not an SEC fan thinks that the SEC regularly gets overrated. Not every team, but in general.

If you disagree, that's fine. To each his own. :)

What's odd is Mercer lost to Auburn and they did not make the playoff.

rival losses help us recruit from the pool of midwestern players.

Complete make-believe

Limited pool of recruits. We need any advantage we can get.

Georgia? Florida? wow, surprised to learn that is limited

The Big Ten was really pretty bad - somebody else posted the record- but has rebounded in recent years. No danger of relegation.

So on the one hand, our rivals losing helps us steal recruits from them.

But on the other hand ... losing doesn't mean anything. I'll just hand-waive it away.

If we are ok with only winning B1G West Division Titles, then yes, Wisconsin and Iowa, etc., losing could maybe help us steal Midwestern recruits from them.

But if we want to win B1G Conf Titles and have a shot at winning Natl Titles, then we need not worry about stealing Midwestern recruits, leave those guys for Wisconsin and Iowa, we need to steal recruits from the likes of Georgia, Florida, FSU, Miami, Alabama, Missouri, Texas, UCLA, Washington, Colorado, VT, etc..

When the B1G is doing well, its easier to get those southern boys to want to come here, and once we get those southern boys, Midwestern boys outside of Minnesota will want to come here because we'll be playing great and exciting football.

Top Bottom