Big Ten Bowl Games Thread

How about this Bowl game thread? Navy 49-7 over Virginia.

Looking forward to WSU and MSU tonight.

How about this Bowl game thread? Navy 49-7 over Virginia.

Looking forward to WSU and MSU tonight.

As Dick Enberg would say...Oh my! Curb stomp in every way. The TOP was ridiculously lopsided. Stat of the day...Navy 0/1 passing.

All three of the remaining games today are nice match ups, but I too am looking forward to the Holiday Bowl.

As Dick Enberg would say...Oh my! Curb stomp in every way. The TOP was ridiculously lopsided. Stat of the day...Navy 0/1 passing.

All three of the remaining games today are nice match ups, but I too am looking forward to the Holiday Bowl.
RIP Dick Enberg. What a great broadcaster. One of my all time favorites.

RIP Dick Enberg. What a great broadcaster. One of my all time favorites.

Not sure but I thought I just saw the Big Ten bowl results as 2 - 2 on ESPN. Apparently ESPN really doesn't like the Big Ten. Sad

MSU destroying WSU at halftime 21 - 3

Washington State getting beat down in the Holiday Bowl. Where have I seen that before?

Clearly this means that Michigan State should be a great team next year

Our old DL coach getting some TV time for WSU.

Gus Johnson sounds depressed every time MSU scores.

I've never understood the love for him. I think he's garbage.

The Pirate can't handle the Big Ten in bowl games.

He's 2-3 (after tonight) vs B1G Teams
Ironically, 2 wins are vs Michigan St and Minnesota and 2 losses are vs Michigan State and Minnesota. I still like the guy and think he's great for College Football.

Leach is pretty much Glen Mason 2.0. He has a system he knows how to recruit to, but he doesn't get high end talent. His cap is 8-9 wins. He'll knock off a highly ranked opponent here and there but every time you think this is the breakthrough season, they lay an egg. Only once in 16 seasons has he won more than 9.

Leach is pretty much Glen Mason 2.0. He has a system he knows how to recruit to, but he doesn't get high end talent. His cap is 8-9 wins. He'll knock off a highly ranked opponent here and there but every time you think this is the breakthrough season, they lay an egg. Only once in 16 seasons has he won more than 9.

He has had 3 straight winning seasons in the pac 12. Mason never had more than 1 winning season in conference play in a row in the big ten.

He has won 8 games or more 11/16 years as a head coach.
Glen Mason did that in 5/21....5/19 if you give him a pass at Kent State

Leach has won 9 or more 6/16
Mason 2/21

But yes they are exactly the same

He has had 3 straight winning seasons in the pac 12. Mason never had more than 1 winning season in conference play in a row in the big ten.

He has won 8 games or more 11/16 years as a head coach.
Glen Mason did that in 5/21....5/19 if you give him a pass at Kent State

Leach has won 9 or more 6/16
Mason 2/21

But yes they are exactly the same

I didn't say they were exactly the same, but I think they are comparable. The B1G is also a better conference, especially when Mason was there, than the Pac 12 and the Big 12.

Leach is pretty much Glen Mason 2.0. He has a system he knows how to recruit to, but he doesn't get high end talent. <b>His cap is 8-9 wins. </b>He'll knock off a highly ranked opponent here and there but every time you think this is the breakthrough season, they lay an egg. Only once in 16 seasons has <b>he won more than 9.</b>

You may not understand what a cap is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mason and Leach are as different as night and day. Mason needed a fullback, Leach needs a QB. Leach won't beat teams with superior talent simply because his defense won't hold up. Remember he doesn't recruit any fullbacks so getting a scout team ready to simulate Iowa, or Wis. or even Minn. is nearly impossible. His offensive schemes is always based on how the defense reacts after the ball is snapped in a variety of sets. He could talk hours(I have heard him) on his reason for the wide line splits. He always comes across as as a Duftes(sp) but remember he graduated with honors from law school.

Looks like Thorson tore something in his knee on a trick play

Mason and Leach are as different as night and day. Mason needed a fullback, Leach needs a QB. Leach won't beat teams with superior talent simply because his defense won't hold up. Remember he doesn't recruit any fullbacks so getting a scout team ready to simulate Iowa, or Wis. or even Minn. is nearly impossible. His offensive schemes is always based on how the defense reacts after the ball is snapped in a variety of sets. He could talk hours(I have heard him) on his reason for the wide line splits. He always comes across as as a Duftes(sp) but remember he graduated with honors from law school.

That's not what I meant and I'm definitely not saying their offenses are the same. They are both good offensive coaches who have a different systems they recruit to. They turn lowly rated recruits into solid teams, who can rise up and beat highly ranked teams from time to time.

Overall there seems to be a limit to their success. Both always seem to have teams that could make a run at a conference championship but neither ever wins one.

17-7 NW at the half.

Man the B1G is showing up in these games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible targeting call in my estimation, but ironically delicious that Fitz’s team gets another targeting penalty this year.

Pac 12 refs ejected Kentucky's best player for not accepting a refs help up from the ground.

Riding Justin Jackson again it seems. 17 carries already for him. How long can he play in the NFL? He had over 1100 carries in his college career. Averaged over 22 attempts a game.

Top Bottom