Big Ten Bowl Games Thread

I thought the TV announcers comment about Brohm was interesting, " A no slogan coach" basically came in with an attitude and let the results on the field do his talking.

I thought so too. To me it looked like a direct shot at Fleck.

B1G is 5-0, the pieces of the bowl cash pies for for all the conf looking tasty now

Bowl games pay out equally to both teams, regardless who wins.

But regardless, 5-0 is damn fine start to the bowl season!

I took it as a direct shot at Fleck because I couldn't think of any other coach whose "schtick" is so heavily slogan driven.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I thought the TV announcers comment about Brohm was interesting, " A no slogan coach" basically came in with an attitude and let the results on the field do his talking.

The "D" level crew doing the game is entitled to a smarmy shot if they choose, but it is bush league.

Over the course of the next 5 years, Fleck and the Gophers will leave Brohm in their dust.

I have said it before, and will again. The vast majority of folks that are not hard-core Gopher fans think PJ is a joke. He may get the last laugh, but the national media poking at him is not surprising at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have said it before, and will again. The vast majority of folks that are not hard-core Gopher fans think PJ is a joke. He may get the last laugh, but the national media poking at him is not surprising at all.

So now one announcer makes a comment that may not have even been directed at Fleck, you have a few friends that agree, and that proves the vast majority of folks think PJ is a joke?

So now one announcer makes a comment that may not have even been directed at Fleck, you have a few friends that agree, and that proves the vast majority of folks think PJ is a joke?

I hear Wisconsin and Iowa fans think he's a joke too. That's all the proof Spoofin needs.

Sure thing. Just outliers. Everyone else thinks the slogans are tops.

Agreed. Casual Gopher fans at work constantly asking me if I’m rowing the boat yet since they know I’m a diehard football fan. They do not take him seriously.

Agreed. Casual Gopher fans at work constantly asking me if I’m rowing the boat yet since they know I’m a diehard football fan. They do not take him seriously.

Where I work PJ is a running joke as they all know I'm a diehard. When I bring that up on here I am told my coworkers must be old. You must work with a bunch of grumpy old men too - the only explanation. That and outliers.

Sure thing. Just outliers. Everyone else thinks the slogans are tops.

And I'm sure Fleck is totally the only coach who is currently, or has ever used slogans

And I'm sure Fleck is totally the only coach who is currently, or has ever used slogans

Oh, is that what I claimed? Not sure what that has to do with the discussion at hand? I'm sorry that having people like PJ is so important to you. It isn't even important to him, but keep fighting the fight.

Oh, is that what I claimed? Not sure what that has to do with the discussion at hand? I'm sorry that having people like PJ is so important to you. It isn't even important to him, but keep fighting the fight.

This whole discussion started because someone suggested that comment about slogans had to be directed at Fleck.

I could care less if people like Fleck. You and the other same '4-5' individuals like to grasp at every straw that supports your feelings that Fleck is a joke. Then claim the vast-majority of people feel the same way, likely to make yourself feel better.

This whole discussion started because someone suggested that comment about slogans had to be directed at Fleck.

I could care less if people like Fleck. You and the other same '4-5' individuals like to grasp at every straw that supports your feelings that Fleck is a joke. Then claim the vast-majority of people feel the same way, likely to make yourself feel better.

Right, you don't care. OK.

I didn't bring up the topic here. A few folks were discussing it and I quoted one of those posts and gave my opinion on the topic. Seems like totally appropriate message board behavior - I wonder why you don't think so?

Purdue looked very good and the Buckeyes were awesome. Five down, three to go and the B10 schools are favored in all three (Wisconsin/Miami should be fun). Re Brohm - he had a great first year, Fleck didn't - but next season will tell us a lot more about both of them.

No need for paranoia. Butch Jones at Tennessee had a lot of similar slogans; Life Champions etc that became a running joke. I think they had the turnover trash can as well.

Butch recruited well but couldn’t make it happen on the field.

Yes, you are above such behavior. An example for us all.

No need for paranoia. Butch Jones at Tennessee had a lot of similar slogans; Life Champions etc that became a running joke. I think they had the turnover trash can as well.

The vast-majority of coaches have slogans they use. Of course you'll focus on one who was fired. An example for us all.

It looks like Brohm does use slogans after repeating 'hammers down' several times and slamming a chair. Clearly far less of a joke than Fleck though.

I wasn't going to respond to this in this thread, since I'm only checking on it to get posts about the actual title. But I was also thinking along the same lines as the BS was piling up.

Add Miami's gold chain, Bama Old Miss and Colorado hang out WWE style belts for takeaways, TAMU has had players take the Drum Major's baton, VT and their lunch bucket.

Did people ridicule Kill and "Brick by Brick"?

I'm happy leadpipe, Spoofin, and Pompous expressed their dislike for PJ. Was really confused on if they liked him or not.

I thought they (the announcers) were paraphrasing a conversation they had with Brohm and / or players when he first came in to program.
I took it as Brohm taking a shot, specifically at Fleck.

He's got an incredible offense, very bizarre D Coordinator (who must be a brother to that NW Strength Coach), and appears to have no type of positive relationship with PJF whatsoever. Could be wrong. Just my 2 cents.

Did people ridicule Kill and "Brick by Brick"?

That should have been a no brainer for a Mason named Glen.

Top Bottom