MSU vs Wash St

Music City
Northwestern vs Kentucky

Pinstripe
Iowa vs Boston College

Foster Farms
Purdue vs Arizona

Big Ten is doing a good job this year.

u sucks though--hard to root for pedo state too..so many teams to hate in the B1G, osu scum, md

I have said it before, and will again. The vast majority of folks that are not hard-core Gopher fans think PJ is a joke. He may get the last laugh, but the national media poking at him is not surprising at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live outside of MN and my experience has been the opposite. Most think it was a great hire. Maybe you just know hundreds of thousands more people than me?

I live outside of MN and my experience has been the opposite. Most think it was a great hire. Maybe you just know hundreds of thousands more people than me?

What is the opinion on Kirk/Kirk Jr? Seems like the fan base is split.

I live outside of MN and my experience has been the opposite. <b>Most think it was a great hire. </b>Maybe you just know hundreds of thousands more people than me?

I wouldn't estimate the majority of people I know think he was a bad hire - they think he is a joke - as in a goof ball - as in spewing nonsense, etc. I think he was a great hire too, but I don't like him and I think he looks ridiculous most times he speaks out loud. That's my opinion, and in my experience the majority of folks I come across agree. Sounds like it is different in Iowa. OK.

I wouldn't estimate the majority of people I know think he was a bad hire - they think he is a joke - as in a goof ball - as in spewing nonsense, etc. I think he was a great hire too, but I don't like him and I think he looks ridiculous most times he speaks out loud. That's my opinion, and in my experience the majority of folks I come across agree. Sounds like it is different in Iowa. OK.

My point is that you seem to think that your experience represents the entire college football fan base. Maybe you're right that most fans across the country think he's a joke. But your friends and co-workers don't prove that to be true.

Stay classy Wisconsin

I think in 2018 we're no longer allowed to say "stay classy" anymore. It's kind of an outdated term.

(Also shouldn't say groovy or neato or other things heard during The Brady Bunch).

I think in 2018 we're no longer allowed to say "stay classy" anymore. It's kind of an outdated term.

(Also shouldn't say groovy or neato or other things heard during The Brady Bunch).

How old are you? I can guarantee you that ‘stay classy’ was never said on The Brady Bunch. I’m going to keep going with it, thanks though.

How old are you? I can guarantee you that ‘stay classy’ was never said on The Brady Bunch. I’m going to keep going with it, thanks though.
Well, that escalated quickly....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My point is that you seem to think that your experience represents the entire college football fan base. Maybe you're right that most fans across the country think he's a joke. But your friends and co-workers don't prove that to be true.

My experiences help form my opinions. Virtually everything expressed on this board is an opinion. Since when do people on a message board have to preference everything they say with, IMO? IMO, that is what most non-hardcore Gopher fans think. You are more than welcome to disagree.

My experiences help form my opinions. Virtually everything expressed on this board is an opinion. Since when do people on a message board have to preference everything they say with, IMO? IMO, that is what most non-hardcore Gopher fans think. You are more than welcome to disagree.

I take exception to this remark.

As my name implies, I try to provide facts every now and then to support my opinion.

I went back and watched the ESPN story after Fleck gave Justin Juenemann his scholarship. Neither of the ESPN announcers seemed to think Fleck is a joke. The YouTube video has dozens of likes, but no dislikes. Same with NBC's coverage. Dozens of YouTube likes, no dislikes. I don't see a strong distaste of Fleck outside if Minnesota, but perhaps others can point to specifics.

Saying someone is a "joke" implies to me that he's not authentic. But Fleck is who he is, as near as I can tell. And aside from this board, I've never heard anyone refer to Fleck as a joke, or a goofball, and that includes my extended family and co-workers. But that's just my experience.

B1G representing extremely well this year.

Wisconsin beats Miami. Big Ten 7-0.

Good!! No one has made any reasonable, logical, non-emotional based argument about why Wisconsin winning has even an iota of negative affect on Minnesota.

Go Big Ten!

Can't say enough about the level of coaches in the conference. The Big Ten's probably going to go 8-0 in bowl season and have 2 coaches with teams that didn't go bowling that have had undefeated seasons elsewhere. Maryland's on the rise too. The conference is going to be really deep and really competitive moving forward. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Good!! No one has made any reasonable, logical, non-emotional based argument about why Wisconsin winning has even an iota of negative affect on Minnesota.

Go Big Ten!
It doesn't help either.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Go Big Ten!

As any Gopher hockey fan can tell you, beating crappy teams to win Conf Titles is not all that satisfying. All of the Gopher hockey fans I know would prefer to still be in the old WCHA, where winning a Conf Title meant you were a favorite to also win a Natl Title, too.

So I'm with you, I'm pleased that the B1G is improving. Will be tougher for Fleck to get us any Division or Conf Titles, but they will be so much more meaningful when we win them.

Big Ten West went 4-0 in Bowl Games this year.

Of Minnesota's 7 losses this year, 5 of those teams won bowl games, and Michigan still has to play.

The other loss was Maryland (who I still think is talented).

Go Big Ten!

You can choose to believe it or not and tell a story of how it would or wouldn't help.

If you want to argue it doesn't help. You say, "we want everyone in our division to be worse than us, so we are the best".

If you want to argue that it does help, you say "People continuously call us a weak division to the point we don't get CFP bids. Until we start consistently beating nationally known programs, they won't think we're good, so we need our division to win these games to change that perception".

And you can make many more arguments for both sides if you work at it hard enough.

Top Bottom