Big Ten Bowl Games Thread

If we are ok with only winning B1G West Division Titles, then yes, Wisconsin and Iowa, etc., losing could maybe help us steal Midwestern recruits from them.

But if we want to win B1G Conf Titles and have a shot at winning Natl Titles, then we need not worry about stealing Midwestern recruits, leave those guys for Wisconsin and Iowa, we need to steal recruits from the likes of Georgia, Florida, FSU, Miami, Alabama, Missouri, Texas, UCLA, Washington, Colorado, VT, etc..

When the B1G is doing well, its easier to get those southern boys to want to come here, and once we get those southern boys, Midwestern boys outside of Minnesota will want to come here because we'll be playing great and exciting football.
You talk about winning the west and winning the big ten as if they are mutually exclusive when in fact the latter requires the former

You have to crawl before you can walk.

Weird to think Florida recruits would want to come to us rather than good Iowa,
Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska teams....I guess I was way off.

I saw my first Gopher football game in 1968. So needless to say. It pains me to write but I think the Gophers are "light" years from ever competing with Becky. Sorry to say but I enjoyed their win over the "convicts" more than any other Big Ten win. The Miami coach - what a jerk- should be fined thousands of dollars for grabbing the official, especially since a Kt. Player was ejected for refusing help to get back up. Not sure we had any defensive players - other than Winfield - and perhaps Richardson who would have played for Becky. Now unless we get a whole lot better on the defensive side of the ball, I don't see us competing.

With Wisconsin, a Frost-revived Nebraska, NW, an improving Purdue, plus Iowa, the Gophers will have a long tough road to win a Western title. No one should expect instant success. Oddly, Nebraska is my most hated rival, followed by Michigan. Badgers are a pain mostly because they have such a long streak against us, which I'd like to see broken next year. I'm indifferent to Iowa. But I hate Nebraska: 1983, 84-13 in the Dome.

I hate Nebraska: 1983, 84-13 in the Dome.

I wouldn't hate Nebraska because of this. I was there as well. We were out coached, out played, our hearts weren't there etc. Is that Nebraska's fault?

Weird to think Florida recruits would want to come to us rather than good Iowa,
Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska teams....I guess I was way off.

Wisconsin and Iowa were quite obviously better than us this year. But Dunlap and Faalele didn't go to either, they signed with Minnesota.

So that proves you wrong.

Wisconsin and Iowa were quite obviously better than us this year. But Dunlap and Faalele didn't go to either, they signed with Minnesota.

Their roommate wasn't from Iowa or Wisconsin or Fargo.

Their roommate wasn't from Iowa or Wisconsin

He didn't specify that, he said it was a general rule. It disproved his hypothesis.

He's certainly free to start amending that hypothesis to include exceptions for this and that.

I hate Nebraska: 1983, 84-13 in the Dome.

I wouldn't hate Nebraska because of this. I was there as well. We were out coached, out played, our hearts weren't there etc. Is that Nebraska's fault?
+1

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Neither player received an offer from Wisconsin or Iowa, according to Rivals. We don't know what would've happened if those schools showed interest.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Neither player received an offer from Wisconsin or Iowa, according to Rivals. We don't know what would've happened if those schools showed interest.

We do because Michigan offered. Didn't even visit.

What does that have to do with Wisconsin or Iowa?

MnplsGoher: "He didn't specify that, he said it was a general rule. It disproved his hypothesis.

He's certainly free to start amending that hypothesis to include exceptions for this and that."

:D

What does that have to do with Wisconsin or Iowa?

He said Michigan in #273.

The concept was defeated. We can get good recruits even while other Big Ten teams win. You'll have to go back to the drawing board.

MnplsGoher: "He didn't specify that, he said it was a general rule. It disproved his hypothesis.

He's certainly free to start amending that hypothesis to include exceptions for this and that."

:D

It's just frustrating cause it's clear the dude doesn't know what he is talking about.

Top Bottom