Holiday Bowl
MSU vs Wash St

Music City
Northwestern vs Kentucky

Pinstripe
Iowa vs Boston College

Foster Farms
Purdue vs Arizona

Our of those 8, I'd assume the Big Ten is favored in 6 or 7.

Some great match-ups - and how weird to see what would be the Rose Bowl foes meeting instead in the Cotton Bowl. Sad to see Purdue at a bowl and Minnesota not. That has to be corrected.

Looks like you forgot to list Maryland's bowl game. Surely they at least made a bowl game with all their talent and speed?

Cotton Bowl
Ohio State vs USC

Orange Bowl
Wisconsin vs Miami

Fiesta Bowl
Penn State vs Washington

Outback
Michigan vs South Carolina

Holiday Bowl
MSU vs Wash St

Music City
Northwestern vs Kentucky

Pinstripe
Iowa vs Boston College

Foster Farms
Purdue vs Arizona

My picks in bold. I have the B1G going 5-3, but losing most of the high-profile matchups.

Looks like you forgot to list Maryland's bowl game. Surely they at least made a bowl game with all their talent and speed?

I'm still looking for it.

Do they play Texas again?

The beat Texas.

Cotton Bowl
Ohio State vs USC

Orange Bowl
Wisconsin vs Miami

Fiesta Bowl
Penn State vs Washington

Outback

Holiday Bowl
MSU vs Wash St

Music City
Northwestern vs Kentucky

Pinstripe
Iowa vs Boston College

Foster Farms
Purdue vs Arizona

I've got the Big Ten going 6-2

Cotton Bowl
Ohio State vs USC

Orange Bowl
Wisconsin vs Miami

Fiesta Bowl
Penn State vs Washington

Outback

Holiday Bowl
MSU vs Wash St

Music City
Northwestern vs Kentucky

Pinstripe
Iowa vs Boston College

Foster Farms
Purdue vs Arizona

7-1

I think the Big Ten has some favorable match-ups.

I honestly think that the Rose Bowl & Cotton Bowl, if they could, would swap matchups. I think the Rose Bowl would rather have USC-Ohio State & lose the national semifinal. Plus Cotton would welcome the gain plus Oklahoma.

Bowl games are often a matter of who wants it. I think Ohio State will beat USC, but they may not be as "in" to it since they're not among the final 4. If it's a valid excuse among Alabama fans for their Sugar Bowl losses to Utah & Oklahoma, it should work for OSU.

I think the Big Ten has some favorable match-ups.

I honestly think that the Rose Bowl & Cotton Bowl, if they could, would swap matchups. I think the Rose Bowl would rather have USC-Ohio State & lose the national semifinal. Plus Cotton would welcome the gain plus Oklahoma.

Bowl games are often a matter of who wants it. I think Ohio State will beat USC, but they may not be as "in" to it since they're not among the final 4. If it's a valid excuse among Alabama fans for their Sugar Bowl losses to Utah & Oklahoma, it should work for OSU.

USC is real beat up on the offensive line and they are uncharacteristically down at WR. Their defense is hot and cold but has some speed in the secondary. Ohio State is probably better on defense. Darnold is a magician when he’s on. He really does remind of of Favre, for better or worse.

This is probably my favorite matchup of the bowl season. Second would be UCF vs Auburn. The playoff is just ok with me. I have to say I’ll be pulling for Clemson and I want the SEC schools chastened. Mayfield is hard to like at OK.

Here are my picks

Cotton Bowl
Ohio State vs USC

Orange Bowl
Wisconsin vs Miami

Fiesta Bowl
Penn State vs Washington

Outback

Holiday Bowl
MSU vs Wash St

Music City
Northwestern vs Kentucky

Pinstripe
Iowa vs Boston College

Foster Farms
Purdue vs Arizona

From all reports, Michigan QB Brandon Peters is healthy and will start. Michigan's offense is much more robust with a QB who is a threat to throw and was winning at Wisconsin until Peters was injured.

Cotton Bowl
Ohio State vs USC

Orange Bowl
Wisconsin vs Miami

Fiesta Bowl
Penn State vs Washington

Outback

Holiday Bowl
MSU vs Wash St

Music City
Northwestern vs Kentucky

Pinstripe
Iowa vs Boston College

Foster Farms
Purdue vs Arizona

Cotton Bowl
Ohio State vs USC

USC because I don’t think Ohio State will show up. If they did show up, I’d pick Ohio State. It’ll either be Ohio State in a close one or my pick, USC going away.

Orange Bowl
Wisconsin vs Miami

Wisconsin
Miami might be the most overrated team in college football. Beat a Notre Dame team that turned out to be average. Got the hype. Their third best win all year was probably Toledo.

Fiesta Bowl
Penn State vs Washington

Unless Barkley pulls out of this game he has a fun going away party.

Outback

Michigan was starting to get better until their QB was concussed against WI. He is back, Michigan wins.

Holiday Bowl
MSU vs Wash St

Washington State will show up for their bowl game this year.

Music City
Northwestern vs Kentucky

Northwestern just a better team

Pinstripe
Iowa vs Boston College

Might be the least interesting game of the bowl season for me. BC will likely be more excited just to be bowling. Cold weather means it is a close game though. I’d pick BC but anything could happen.

Foster Farms
Purdue vs Arizona
Should be a lot of offense I think. I think Arizona.

From all reports, Michigan QB Brandon Peters is healthy and will start. Michigan's offense is much more robust with a QB who is a threat to throw and was winning at Wisconsin until Peters was injured.

I believe that you're incorrect.

The Gophers went to the Texas Bowl in Houston back to back years (2012 and 2013).

I am aware of that. From what I understand, going to the same bowl within two years of the first appearance is something that college football is trying to prevent at least for Big Ten teams. This is a change since 2013. Bowl committees no longer choose the teams that play in their bowl, the conferences aligned with the bowl do now I believe.

Fact check police say: Wisconsin 14 Michigan 10 and unless Peters was going to play defense it was 21 - 10 before the backup played a down. So not "winning" unless down 11 is Harbaugh-winning.

PeteredOut.jpg

Cotton Bowl
Ohio State vs USC

Orange Bowl
Wisconsin vs Miami

Fiesta Bowl
Penn State vs Washington

Outback

Holiday Bowl
MSU vs Wash St

Music City
Northwestern vs Kentucky

Pinstripe
Iowa vs Boston College

Foster Farms
Purdue vs Arizona

Our of those 8, I'd assume the Big Ten is favored in 6 or 7.

Iowa wins over BC.
27-20

With all the Croot’ talk around here it’s interesting to see Purdue improve from one Big Ten win last year (and 3 total the prior 3 years) to 4 this year including @ Iowa. Massive talent infusion:

Big Ten recruiting rank
2017: 14th
2016: 14th
2015: 14th
2014: 13th
2013: 13th

Can anyone isolate something that may have changed at Purdue this season?

With all the Croot’ talk around here it’s interesting to see Purdue improve from one Big Ten win last year (and 3 total the prior 3 years) to 4 this year including @ Iowa. Massive talent infusion:

Big Ten recruiting rank

It is amazing what half decent quarterback play will do for a team. Nice job by Purdue.
Won 6 games against a schedule that included 11 power 5 opponents.
Didn’t make sense that they beat Iowa but lost to Rutgers but oh well.

I think their coach leaves within 2 years which will be sad. Could’ve been internet rumor but he seemed to be interested in the fire that is Tennessee. If he continues to be over .500 he will get looks form more stable programs than that in the next couple of years.

Quarterback talent + competent coaching = .500 or better seasons....and I’d say he is better than competent

I don’t want to derail the thread but our problems went beyond an inexperienced QB.

I don’t want to derail the thread but our problems went beyond an inexperienced QB.

Watching Purdue finish off Arizona right now. It is so clear in watching this that their offensive talent is so much better than ours right now. They have multiple solid QB's, some good receivers, and some playmakers in the backfield.

Sindelar - 33 for 53 - 396 yards and 4 TD's.

We would have needed 3-4 games of passing stats to get to that.

Big Ten recruiting rank

Ya, yer right, crootin doesn’t matter. Outstanding observation. 6-6 is a hell of a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see Iowa did the wave to the sick kids today. How long until some jackwagon that can’t identify with sick kids or their families refuses to wave to promote their issue dujour?

Top Bottom