***OFFICIAL RUTGERS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Fitzgerald, ugh. Looks slow, bad defense, and not making shots. Gotta play better.

Yeah, so much for the preseason optimism that he could be a satisfactory substitute for Curry.

Sleepy showing so far. Rutgers has way more energy in the boards, which is a poor commentary.

Plus, a ton of stupidity on some of the turnovers. Murph has had a couple and the one Fitzgerald had in the first half was laugh out loud bad.

Reggie's been pretty good. IW has also been far more composed.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Sleepy showing so far. Rutgers has way more energy in the boards, which is a poor commentary.

Plus, a ton of stupidity on some of the turnovers. Murph has had a couple and the one Fitzgerald had in the first half was laugh out loud bad.

Reggie's been pretty good. IW has also been far more composed.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Yeah feels like we're coasting in this one. Still good enough to beat Rutgers comfortably though.

Big man transfer from Louisville.
Also is on the Norwegian bobsled team.

is he any good? I was admittedly worried that our front court next season was just going to be Murphy, Curry, and Oturu

Really solid game from the starting 5 (with the minor exception of Dupree/Coffee forcing it just a bit at times). Really disappointed in what Fitz has given the team thus far. We just need-semi competency from him on both ends of the floor and haven't gotten it. Hopefully he's just shaking off a lotta rust, but he got exposed on defense tonight. Thought IW didn't force as much tonight which was nice to see. Hurt is just a giant meh right now. Doesn't really do much out there. Would be great to see him become a 3 point catch and shoot threat.

Really solid game from the starting 5 (with the minor exception of Dupree/Coffee forcing it just a bit at times). Really disappointed in what Fitz has given the team thus far. We just need-semi competency from him on both ends of the floor and haven't gotten it. Hopefully he's just shaking off a lotta rust, but he got exposed on defense tonight. Thought IW didn't force as much tonight which was nice to see. Hurt is just a giant meh right now. Doesn't really do much out there. Would be great to see him become a 3 point catch and shoot threat.

Very nice game from Mason. When he and Lynch are playing well, it feels like gravy from everywhere else on the floor. With Murphy going bananas to start the year, it feels like the Gophers could steamroll the Big Ten if another player steps up. IW played so much better tonight. Coffey and McBrayer played good all around games, it would be nice if Coffey could develop a bit more offensively, but he does much well. Good showing, now go beat Nebraska and prepare for Saturday's tougher matchup.

is he any good? I was admittedly worried that our front court next season was just going to be Murphy, Curry, and Oturu
Must not be terrible if a) we took him b) from Louisville.

Someone mentioned that all of our games can be watched on You Tube. Anyone know how long it takes before it shows up? I screwed up my recording tonight [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a bad Rutgers team. Gophers wore em out

Hurt is just a giant meh right now. Doesn't really do much out there. Would be great to see him become a 3 point catch and shoot threat.

Hurt did a few noticeably good things tonight unlike the Miami game where he literally seemed to do nothing.

Solid effort tonight for the most part. But Fitzgerald is concerning. He was getting eaten alive on defense. I bet he have up 20 points in his minutes and scored 0.

Top Bottom