StarTrib: Q & A with Destiny Pitts

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/q-amp-a-gophers-5-10-power-forward-destiny-pitts/461549923/

Q You’re only listed at 5-foot-10, but you’re getting a lot of rebounds this year for someone that size. Have you always been a good rebounder?

A I mean, yes, but here I’ve even focused on it even more. There’s been a big emphasis on my rebounding and not letting teams get second-chance points and then helping us get second-chance points on the offensive end. So I’ve been focused on that a lot. I’ve been playing the four, and most people would say I’m undersized for that position. So I just fundamentally box out each time, and if I do that, I know I can get the rebound even though the other player might be taller than me.

Q On the other end of the court, being a smaller power forward, does that give you matchup advantages?

A Yeah, it gives me a lot of different advantages over a true four. Most of the times I’m quicker than them, and the way they play screens they aren’t used to someone shooting threes. It allows me to get some transition threes and things like that.

Top Bottom