Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Shooter: If thereís a Gophers menís hockey coaching change, Bob Motzko has to be fav

per Shooter:

If thereís a Gophers menís hockey coaching change, St. Cloud Stateís Bob Motzko has to be considered a favorite.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/02...-rudolph-says/

Go Gophers!!

Booooo! Steal somebody elses head coach.

I'd take Motzko in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    I'd take Motzko in a heart beat.
    I certainly wouldn't complain...

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Shooter:

If thereís a Gophers menís hockey coaching change, St. Cloud Stateís Bob Motzko has to be considered a favorite.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/02...-rudolph-says/

Go Gophers!!
    I'd be surprised if he would be interested in the job. Given that the University of Minnesota is run by an idiot ( kaler) and has an AD who knows nothing about hockey ( Coyle ). I'm sure he gets a lot more support at St. Cloud State than he would at the U.
    I think he'd be a great coach. Would be nice if I'm wrong.

Shooter's comments today:

If there’s a Gophers men’s hockey coaching change, the people’s choice to take over remains top assistant Mike Guentzel, who has spent 25 years as a popular Gophers player and assistant.

I have mix opinions.

Motkzo. 100X.

Quote Originally Posted by north45 View Post
    I'd be surprised if he would be interested in the job. Given that the University of Minnesota is run by an idiot ( kaler) and has an AD who knows nothing about hockey ( Coyle ). I'm sure he gets a lot more support at St. Cloud State than he would at the U.
    I think he'd be a great coach. Would be nice if I'm wrong.
    Whether he's interested or not I have no idea; but Motzko would receive a lot more money and support here. And of course a lot more pressure.

Shooter's comments today:

If there’s a Gophers men’s hockey coaching change, the people’s choice to take over remains top assistant Mike Guentzel, who has spent 25 years as a popular Gophers player and assistant.

I have mix opinions.
    What "people" is he referring to? I honestly can't fathom giving a placeholder like Guentzel the job.

What are you waiting for Kahler? Or are you satisfied with a top 5 finish in the lowly Big 10 conference, mid teens to 20 ranking, empty seats?

What are you waiting for Kahler? Or are you satisfied with a top 5 finish in the lowly Big 10 conference, mid teens to 20 ranking, empty seats?
    ha, but the six straight B10 titles!

Are they even going to be over .500 in the Big 10 this year?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo morgan View Post
    Are they even going to be over .500 in the Big 10 this year?
    But hey perhaps a top 5 finish in the conference even with a .500 record in the Big 10!

Guenztel would be pointless, might as well keep Lucia at that point. I hope we don't get to wrapped up in the one of us crap, we need someone on the younger side who will relentlessly recruit top talent

We have young relentless recruiters in the other two big sports. Hockey is the one sport at the U where we can pull a proven consistent winner.