Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1

    Default Shooter: If thereís a Gophers menís hockey coaching change, Bob Motzko has to be fav

    per Shooter:

    If thereís a Gophers menís hockey coaching change, St. Cloud Stateís Bob Motzko has to be considered a favorite.

    http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/02...-rudolph-says/

    Go Gophers!!


  2. #2

    Default

    Booooo! Steal somebody elses head coach.

  3. #3

    Default

    I'd take Motzko in a heart beat.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    I'd take Motzko in a heart beat.
    I certainly wouldn't complain...

    Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Shooter:

    If thereís a Gophers menís hockey coaching change, St. Cloud Stateís Bob Motzko has to be considered a favorite.

    http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/02...-rudolph-says/

    Go Gophers!!
    I'd be surprised if he would be interested in the job. Given that the University of Minnesota is run by an idiot ( kaler) and has an AD who knows nothing about hockey ( Coyle ). I'm sure he gets a lot more support at St. Cloud State than he would at the U.
    I think he'd be a great coach. Would be nice if I'm wrong.

  6. #6

    Default

    Shooter's comments today:

    If there’s a Gophers men’s hockey coaching change, the people’s choice to take over remains top assistant Mike Guentzel, who has spent 25 years as a popular Gophers player and assistant.

    I have mix opinions.

  7. #7

    Default

    Motkzo. 100X.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by north45 View Post
    I'd be surprised if he would be interested in the job. Given that the University of Minnesota is run by an idiot ( kaler) and has an AD who knows nothing about hockey ( Coyle ). I'm sure he gets a lot more support at St. Cloud State than he would at the U.
    I think he'd be a great coach. Would be nice if I'm wrong.
    Whether he's interested or not I have no idea; but Motzko would receive a lot more money and support here. And of course a lot more pressure.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    Shooter's comments today:

    If there’s a Gophers men’s hockey coaching change, the people’s choice to take over remains top assistant Mike Guentzel, who has spent 25 years as a popular Gophers player and assistant.

    I have mix opinions.
    What "people" is he referring to? I honestly can't fathom giving a placeholder like Guentzel the job.

  10. #10

    Default

    What are you waiting for Kahler? Or are you satisfied with a top 5 finish in the lowly Big 10 conference, mid teens to 20 ranking, empty seats?

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    What are you waiting for Kahler? Or are you satisfied with a top 5 finish in the lowly Big 10 conference, mid teens to 20 ranking, empty seats?
    ha, but the six straight B10 titles!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Central Minnesota
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Are they even going to be over .500 in the Big 10 this year?

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo morgan View Post
    Are they even going to be over .500 in the Big 10 this year?
    But hey perhaps a top 5 finish in the conference even with a .500 record in the Big 10!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Guenztel would be pointless, might as well keep Lucia at that point. I hope we don't get to wrapped up in the one of us crap, we need someone on the younger side who will relentlessly recruit top talent

  15. #15

    Default

    We have young relentless recruiters in the other two big sports. Hockey is the one sport at the U where we can pull a proven consistent winner.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •