Michael Hurt's Potential

Hurt isn't a liability as he doesn't really do much wrong, he just kind of takes up space. If anyone was familiar with Mark Titus' Club Tril blog back in the day, Hurt is a definite trillion candidate most times he's out there.

I think his defensive game has improved but it is nowhere near what some think it is. Yes, we went on a really nice run when he came in during the Providence game but a nice 5-10 minute run doesn't mean he's suddenly a serious player on that end. Offensively, let's call a spade a spade: he's scared to shoot. I think he is a good shooter but we'll never know if he doesn't shoot it. Whether he's been told to let others shoot or he just doesn't have the confidence (probably a bit of both), he simply is just a guy out there and it impacts spacing because no one feels they have to take him seriously.

Agreed. His team defense has been solid, but he's not some big time defender by any means. I have full confidence that he will be in the right places, but he's not going to consistently stay in front of quicker guys who are taking him off the dribble. On offense, he does a solid job of moving the ball and not turning it over, which is an improvement over last year. Now he needs to get more confident/comfortable taking outside jumpers so he can make himself a threat on offense rather than just a guy who doesn't turn the ball over. He was a very good shooter in high school, so I'm sure this will come with time.

lol - we can disagree on Hurt. All I know is this team cannot afford to have any starter in foul trouble. If Fitz cannot find his groove (which I think many of us assumed he would after the hype from Pitino), then we will be in trouble a lot this year. Bench averaging 6 pts a game according to article by Bleed... Embarrassing.

Fair enough I guess. Maybe I should have said he will never be one of our top 5 players, which is fine.

I wasn’t trying to correct you. Your point is valid while maybe not being accurate at the end of the year.

Top Bottom