All Things Dawson Garcia Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020): UPDATED: Gophers Offered

2 minute highlight videos are all you need. Just like you can know exactly how good a movie is by watching the trailer.

Sometimes you can tell a movie will be bad from the trailer, i'm just sayin. . .

The start PF spot is wide open next year. Curry is probably done playing hoops, Ihnen and Omersa are in the mix. The thing with Garcia is he can play all 3 forward spots in different lineups.

Completely inaccurate to glean from it that the Gophers/Pitino are out. They'll be in it until the very end. Convenient timing that something like this comes out just before his OV to Indiana. I've said it multiple times on here, I've heard from people in PL close to the family who say Dawson and his parents really like Pitino and the Gophers. Dawson's parents want him to stay home.

Did Dawson himself say it's down to IU and Marquette? Absolutely not. This guy is implying it from having a conversation with him. He hears what he wants to hear. Minnesota will be in it until the very end, and I expect Pitino will either talk or meet with him shortly after his visit with IU. RJ has said himself over in GI tonight, Gophers are still absolutely in the mix.

+1 man. Thanks for the informative post.

The start PF spot is wide open next year. Curry is probably done playing hoops, Ihnen and Omersa are in the mix. The thing with Garcia is he can play all 3 forward spots in different lineups.

Small forward, power forward, and power forward?

He's a great kid from a great family. He's worked really hard to be where he's at. I really want him to be a Gopher, but will wish him the best wherever he goes, as we all should.

Center, Power forward, small forward. With all the 5 out offensive run, the post is a position of the past.

Amen to that. Guys go into the post, but it's based on match up and skill set, not just because you are a tall guy. Part of what makes Dawson so valuable is his versatility to play all over the floor. Can be a pick and pop guy, break his man of the dribble, face up post, etc..

Completely inaccurate to glean from it that the Gophers/Pitino are out. They'll be in it until the very end. Convenient timing that something like this comes out just before his OV to Indiana. I've said it multiple times on here, I've heard from people in PL close to the family who say Dawson and his parents really like Pitino and the Gophers. Dawson's parents want him to stay home.

Did Dawson himself say it's down to IU and Marquette? Absolutely not. This guy is implying it from having a conversation with him. He hears what he wants to hear. Minnesota will be in it until the very end, and I expect Pitino will either talk or meet with him shortly after his visit with IU. RJ has said himself over in GI tonight, Gophers are still absolutely in the mix.

How can we know your credibility? I'd like to hear from SWMetroGopherFan(sarcasm)

1. In today's Strib article, Garcia says he got "chills" watching the video the Gophers put together of him being the hometown guy.
2. Richard Pitino's humor was off the charts in his latest blog post.

This clearly indicates that Garcia is coming here, and Richard is absolutely giddy inside about it. Obviously the visit to IU is no more than a general courtesy.

SOLID PROOF!

1. In today's Strib article, Garcia says he got "chills" watching the video the Gophers put together of him being the hometown guy.

This clearly indicates that Garcia is coming here, and Richard is absolutely giddy inside about it. Obviously the visit to IU is no more than a general courtesy.

SOLID PROOF!

Have thought for several months that he was coming here.

SOLID PROOF!
Were those chills of excitement or chills of fright? This glass half empty Minnesotan wants to know. [emoji16]

I really hope he picks Minnesota. One of Indiana's recruits, Leal, is tweeting for Dawson to team up with him again. Interesting article on the Hoosier website.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-...aau-coach-discusses-hoosiers-top-2020-target/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

per the link:

So what university will Garcia be traveling to as his final destination?

Garcia is down to a final four of Indiana, Marquette, Memphis and Minnesota. Recent national recruiting site stories have suggested that Garcia is really down to a final two of Marquette and Indiana, with the Golden Eagles perhaps holding a slight lead.

Reliable sources have told The Daily Hoosier that IU might actually be the leader here, but it is difficult to put too much weight into that until Garcia steps onto the Indiana campus for the first time ever this weekend in connection with his official visit.

Go Gophers!!

Five-star Prior Lake senior Dawson Garcia visits Indiana this weekend; decision coming soon after

Garcia reiterated this week how the Hoosiers had impressed him before his official to Bloomington. He talked about the great relationship with Miller and assistant Tom Ostrom, who is from Minnesota. He said IU fans show him the most love on social media. He mentioned his bond with 2020 Hoosier commits Trey Galloway and Anthony Leal, who he got close with after meeting at an All-American camp.

Recruiting sites like 247Sports.com had since Garcia’s junior year projected he would pick Marquette. The Golden Eagles have recruited him hard for the longest. But the Gophers surely improved their chances. Indiana has made up a lot of ground. But how much will his official this weekend influence him?

There could be an answer to the question about where Garcia will go with a potential decision soon.

http://www.startribune.com/five-sta...weekend-decision-coming-soon-after/563865392/

Go Gophers!!

I love how the idea he’s got Indiana as lead gets run based on an article with clear bias

Indiana didn’t offer him until May 1, 2019 Gophers have loved him from day 1. Do we have any of our current players in his ear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indiana didn’t offer him until May 1, 2019 Gophers have loved him from day 1. Do we have any of our current players in his ear?

I don't know, but we have three locals that seem to be great guys he would love as team mates in Oturu, Gabe and Omersa. In fact it seems like the whole team is loaded with quality people. That can't hurt.

A couple months after the conclusion of their impressive 8-13 Big Ten conference season during which the Gophers beat them 84-63.

I don't know, but we have three locals that seem to be great guys he would love as team mates in Oturu, Gabe and Omersa. In fact it seems like the whole team is loaded with quality people. That can't hurt.

He talks with guys on this team regularly and talks to people he saw all summer everywhere he played.

Gophers have officially been eliminated.

Tweet, message board talk, something other than hearsay??

Top Bottom