All Things Dawson Garcia Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020): UPDATED: Gophers Offered

Hadn't seen this quote or update on Garcia's visit last weekend. Its from the Mashburn visit article in the Strib online now:

"Last weekend, the Gophers had four-star 6-10 Chicago Bloom forward Martice Mitchell and five-star 6-11 Prior Lake forward Dawson Garcia on official visits. Garcia told Prep Hoops national analyst Ryan James that he would decide this fall after taking three more officials, including Memphis this weekend.

Garcia did enjoy his visit with the home state program.

"I have always been cool with this coaching staff,” Garcia told James. “But going to Coach Pitino's house and being around his family, I just felt super comfortable. Being around that family environment, I just felt at home really."

I like what I'm hearing here!

Every indicator so far. Memphis will tell him they played in the NBA, that they are going to win national titles. That is why i like the possible value play of home and value but thought not having the week pass without having him already decided would get interesting.

Every indicator so far. Memphis will tell him they played in the NBA, that they are going to win national titles. That is why i like the possible value play of home and value but thought not having the week pass without having him already decided would get interesting.

I wonder where his two other visits will be? Guessing Indiana and North Carolina.

per Marcus:

Last weekend, the Gophers had four-star 6-10 Chicago Bloom forward Martice Mitchell and five-star 6-11 Prior Lake forward Dawson Garcia on official visits. Garcia told Prep Hoops national analyst Ryan James that he would decide this fall after taking three more officials, including Memphis this weekend.

Garcia did enjoy his visit with the home state program.

"I have always been cool with this coaching staff,” Garcia told James. “But going to Coach Pitino's house and being around his family, I just felt super comfortable. Being around that family environment, I just felt at home really."

http://www.startribune.com/pitino-a...cially-visits-gophers-this-weekend/562196992/

Go Gophers!!

Don't confuse a DB troll with a similarly named, more intelligent poster

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sounds like it's down to Gophers, Hoosiers, and Golden Eagles. Hopefully we get Mitchell and Mashburn this week to put a little more urgency into that third spot.

Sounds like it's down to Gophers, Hoosiers, and Golden Eagles. Hopefully we get Mitchell and Mashburn this week to put a little more urgency into that third spot.

Great news if it’s truly down to those 3. Marquette is pretty full at Dawson’s position. Indiana has great tradition and Archie is good, but think we have a great chance against them. Memphis worried me, would love to see them eliminated

Did some news come out eliminating Memphis or implying that?

Last I heard we are not at the top of his list, hopefully this weekend changed that! Indiana has an AAU D1 player in Thompson, I hope that connection is not too strong.

Last I heard we are not at the top of his list, hopefully this weekend changed that! Indiana has an AAU D1 player in Thompson, I hope that connection is not too strong.

Is Thompson happy there? Seemed like he was not from what I’d heard

Is Thompson happy there? Seemed like he was not from what I’d heard

It was a rough start for him with the early graduation redshirt and then the concussion problems that took most of last season. From what I remember, he played well after coming back post concussion protocol.

What Philly won the pool ? He is a loyal Gopher fan.
The March madness pool is open to anyone, including banned posters, not sure what that proves.
Anyways I am kind of surprised Archie has credibility in Dawson's camp, considering he has Race Thompson on the end of the bench and despite a five year hole at PG, not bringing McKinley Wright with him to IU. Can't imagine the brand is strong with D1 Minnesota

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hey when Garcia commits to us in a few weeks make sure you come back to this thread and eat crow from all of us. Troll.

Good lord...find some salt and take it with whatever psychotropic drugs you are on.

That said, I don't think we get Garcia.

Last I heard we are serious contenders

Good lord...find some salt and take it with whatever psychotropic drugs you are on.

That said, I don't think we get Garcia.

Psychotropic drugs? That's oddly specific... I think I can guess what you've been doing on your weekends.

And your opinion on Garcia is quite clear.

Garcia would have to hate Pitino to not commit to the Gophers. We are a sweet sixteen team without him and potentially a final four team with him.

A starting spot waiting for him day 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The word out of PL is that Dawson's parents really like Pitino and really want him to stay home. He's still taking his OV to Indiana Oct. 25-27.

Garcia would have to hate Pitino to not commit to the Gophers. We are a sweet sixteen team without him and potentially a final four team with him.

A starting spot waiting for him day 1.

I get your point, but I don’t see hate as the possible reason. You are correct that this has set up to be a GREAT situation for him. Start day one on a good team. By all accounts, he likes Pitino (that’s just heresay). I really hope (and still think there is a good chance) he stays home.

If he doesn’t, I think the reason could be one of three: 1. Simply wants an away-from-home experience, 2. Blinded by the bright lights of “bigger-name” schools with more historical success, or 3. Listens too much to peers and recruiters who might have negative comments about the Gophers.

Let’s hope Dawson realizes that 1. MN is a GREAT place to be, compared with any other city, or country for that matter. I know, I’ve been all over the US and almost 30 countries. 2. While it is true we haven’t had the high-level success of many schools recently, with Garcia in the fold, we are on the cusp of changing that , and 3. Negativity causes ulcers and upset stomach and flatulence. Don’t listen to the Negative Nancy’s of the world, commit to the Gophers!

Garcia will be Golden and secure a top 15 recruiting class.

Top Bottom