All Things Dawson Garcia Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020): UPDATED: Gophers Offered

Indiana would be a WTF choice.

Hopefully he see the results from the football game today. He can be another piece of building a winner at Minnesota. He doesn’t need to go anywhere else to have that opportunity.

Indiana is just another B1G school. What happen 30 years ago or under the last coach that got fired is irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked like Garcia sitting in a dental chair during tv ad. For a local dentist group at the end of gophs football game

Indiana would be a WTF choice.

Hopefully he see the results from the football game today. He can be another piece of building a winner at Minnesota. He doesn’t need to go anywhere else to have that opportunity.

Indiana is just another B1G school. What happen 30 years ago or under the last coach that got fired is irrelevant.

If your from anywhere but here IU is not just another big ten school when it comes to basketball. It is part of the entire state identity. Basketball is top dog in that state not like here where it is not even top 5.

If your from anywhere but here IU is not just another big ten school when it comes to basketball. It is part of the entire state identity. Basketball is top dog in that state not like here where it is not even top 5.

I fully understand that basketball is king in Indiana, but it is no longer a blue blood! When is the last time that Indiana regularly beat out any of the top 5-10 schools for recruits?

So what if you have every rube in a cow town worshiping you? When we win consistently at the U, it is a great atmosphere that rivals most other schools. Playing in front of sold out arenas and being on national TV is quite enough attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinking about the final days of the Garcia recruitment in the context of an incredible statewide aura now surrounding the football team. I would love it if Pitino pointed to a now nationally prominent football team built around two local star cornerstones, Coughlin and Winfield, and made the connection that Dawson could have the same impact on the basketball program by choosing to stay home. I think it’s a powerful picture to paint.

Thinking about the final days of the Garcia recruitment in the context of an incredible statewide aura now surrounding the football team. I would love it if Pitino pointed to a now nationally prominent football team built around two local star cornerstones, Coughlin and Winfield, and made the connection that Dawson could have the same impact on the basketball program by choosing to stay home. I think it’s a powerful picture to paint.

And Tyler Johnson.

And IU is the third-best basketball program in the state -- behind Purdue and Notre Dame.

Sorry, everyone, but Dawson is not going to Minnesota. Not even sure why Pitino is still pursuing him. It's over, and it has been for a while.

I spend a lot of time in Prior Lake, and I have several sources who quickly say no when I ask if Minnesota is still in consideration. Sounds like it's down to Marquette or Indiana, although I'm not as close to that part of it.

I love the Gophers, and I would have loved to see Dawson play here. But I've moved on, and everyone else should too.

Sorry, everyone, but Dawson is not going to Minnesota. Not even sure why Pitino is still pursuing him. It's over, and it has been for a while.

I spend a lot of time in Prior Lake, and I have several sources who quickly say no when I ask if Minnesota is still in consideration. Sounds like it's down to Marquette or Indiana, although I'm not as close to that part of it.

I love the Gophers, and I would have loved to see Dawson play here. But I've moved on, and everyone else should too.

Thanks dude. Marquette board poster saying Prior Lake’s assistant coach thinks it’s down to Marquette and Minnesota. But, thanks for the advice.

My expectations are low when it comes to getting Garcia, but one of the most confusing things about recruiting is why so many people think that living in the same city as a prospect somehow means they know where that player is going. I'd be willing to bet that your "sources" in Prior Lake are merely guessing.

My expectations are low when it comes to getting Garcia, but one of the most confusing things about recruiting is why so many people think that living in the same city as a prospect somehow means they know where that player is going. I'd be willing to bet that your "sources" in Prior Lake are merely guessing.

Dawson has also been pretty quiet with his recruitment. He not the type to go spouting out around town or to his friends even.

Dawson has also been pretty quiet with his recruitment. He not the type to go spouting out around town or to his friends even.

Right. I bet some of his close friends aren't even totally sure where he is going. People also like to phrase guesses as if they are facts, and some people are really eager to have inside information, so when they hear confident guesses from people they are quick to pass it off as legitimate news.

Yeah he's been very quiet. Almost like he's gonna surprise everyone with Minnesota! Could be he's staying quiet because he doesn't want to dissapoint everyone here. I think he comes to Minnesota, but i only know as much as everyone else which is nothing lol

And...there is the possibility Dawson himself isn't sure where he is going.

Exactly. Could be like most high school seniors in that he doesn’t know for sure where he wants to go, and really doesn’t want to talk about it with everyone. Just because you play basketball doesn’t mean you are immune to the ups and downs of making, likely, the first big decision in your life that is all yours.

Thanks dude. Marquette board poster saying Prior Lake’s assistant coach thinks it’s down to Marquette and Minnesota. But, thanks for the advice.

Lmao. This is pure gold

We tend to miss this point every time a Minnesota kid goes elsewhere. Many are inconsolable and cry foul. They claim the local kid only kept the Gophers on their list to keep the locals happy. Far more likely that they are actually still considering staying close to home and simply haven't decided yet. Dawson may make up and change his mind several more times before announcing and we won't have any idea.

How fired up will the local fan base be if he stays home?!

We tend to miss this point every time a Minnesota kid goes elsewhere. Many are inconsolable and cry foul. They claim the local kid only kept the Gophers on their list to keep the locals happy. Far more likely that they are actually still considering staying close to home and simply haven't decided yet. Dawson may make up and change his mind several more times before announcing and we won't have any idea.

How fired up will the local fan base be if he stays home?!

So true. Suggs pretty much shut us out early and we as a fan base moved on. I don't have a good feeling about Dawson staying home, but I don't think he's kept MN on his list for he!! of it.

Disagree. Head high school coach in the western suburbs thinks it is Minnesota. This thread is the best of what fans hear.

Didn’t he just visit Marquette this last weekend? No news is good news I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Four-star Oskaloosa big man Xavier Foster was set to commit today to either Iowa or Iowa State. Everyone absolutely knew it was going to be Iowa - all the super secret sources said so. He was even at a Hawkeye game Friday night yukking it up and high-fiving with Iowa players.

Imagine their surprise when he announced Iowa State.

According to his family, he didn't decide for sure until yesterday.

There’s a chance Dawson could wait until Spring to sign now. RJ said he is really torn on his decision. Spring decision gives Pitino more time to gain ground on Marquette and IU.

There’s a chance Dawson could wait until Spring to sign now. RJ said he is really torn on his decision. Spring decision gives Pitino more time to gain ground on Marquette and IU.

His original plan was to wait and then he changed his mind to the spring. Normally more time isn’t of benefit to the home team, but this could be a different case. Boy I thought RJ said MN is out!?!? Love him but he’s looking for clicks too

Four-star Oskaloosa big man Xavier Foster was set to commit today to either Iowa or Iowa State. Everyone absolutely knew it was going to be Iowa - all the super secret sources said so. He was even at a Hawkeye game Friday night yukking it up and high-fiving with Iowa players.

Imagine their surprise when he announced Iowa State.

According to his family, he didn't decide for sure until yesterday.

There you go, thank you for sharing this.

We’re in it until the end. That’s the only thing guaranteed. Anyone saying we’re for sure out, doesn’t know what they’re talking about and are doing some combination of relaying bad/outdated hearsay or taking bad guesses.

Last edited:

Why would you want to torment yourself by prolonging the decision to the spring?? Have coaches pestering you non-stop for the next X months.

Wouldn’t it be better to get it over with, so you can focus on your senior year of high school and your season??

I guess that’s just me, and what I’d advise my son to do.

Top Bottom