All Things Dawson Garcia Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020): UPDATED: Gophers Offered

Not sure either but Bossi hears things i do not on this one. I will not switch to be right. I am sticking with the surprise of Minnesota on this one.

Why? Because it’s free?

I have zero problem with 247, GI, or RJ. People can choose to pay for whatever they want to pay for. The fact that I choose not to pay for it, and sometimes criticize RJ’s paid “content”, in no way means I can’t look at their free stuff and comment on it.

Not sure either but Bossi hears things i do not on this one. I will not switch to be right. I am sticking with the surprise of Minnesota on this one.

I can live with Marquette. It’d be a somewhat different experience in the Big East than playing in the Big Ten. New training facilities, play in a new NBA arena with great crowds, private school with rich kids (St Thomas like atmosphere, I’m guessing). Milwaukee lake front and the shopping area (forget the name) are improving, fun areas and so it could be a fun college experience.

Indiana I don’t see the benefit nearly as much. If it were Michigan State or Ohio State, then I’d understand.

I can live with Marquette. It’d be a somewhat different experience in the Big East than playing in the Big Ten. New training facilities, play in a new NBA arena with great crowds, private school with rich kids (St Thomas like atmosphere, I’m guessing). Milwaukee lake front and the shopping area (forget the name) are improving, fun areas and so it could be a fun college experience.

Indiana I don’t see the benefit nearly as much. If it were Michigan State or Ohio State, then I’d understand.

I am fine no matter where he goes. I will hope he thrives at whatever program he picks.

Will the losses to OU, Butler, and maybe Utah on the 15th affect Dawson’s decision one way or another?

At this point, it kinda seems like our pitch might be “we badly need you, and you’d be starting 4 the moment you set foot in campus” ?

Only from the perspective that if he watched either Oklahoma or Butler, he sees the glaring need for production at his position and he's a Day 1 starter, which can only help his cause.

At the end of the day it comes down to his relationship with the coaching staff and if he wants to stay home. His parents very much what him to be a Gopher. My gut tells me it's down to Minnesota and Marquette, and I've heard Dawson very much likes Marquette as well as the Gophers. We'll find out next Wednesday.

I can't say it enough -- If Garcia does not choose the Gophers, it's not because of a lack of effort on Pitino's part. He's done everything he possibly can, it's up to Dawson to decide what he wants.

Only from the perspective that if he watched either Oklahoma or Butler, he sees the glaring need for production at his position and he's a Day 1 starter, which can only help his cause.

At the end of the day it comes down to his relationship with the coaching staff and if he wants to stay home. His parents very much what him to be a Gopher. My gut tells me it's down to Minnesota and Marquette, and I've heard Dawson very much likes Marquette as well as the Gophers. We'll find out next Wednesday.

I can't say it enough -- If Garcia does not choose the Gophers, it's not because of a lack of effort on Pitino's part. He's done everything he possibly can, it's up to Dawson to decide what he wants.

I hope that's true, but how do you know that?

I hope that's true, but how do you know that?

NW has had a pretty good insight on this one it seems. Was on here where the U got back into it and they worked really hard to do so as they were not really a consideration at the this time last year. I sadly think it's Marquette, but wouldn't be surprised to see a shocker and it be IU or MN

Let’s hope so built. This would be another great step in the right direction for the Gophers

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but what he says about the Gophers compared to the other finalists here makes me feel more optimistic.

I would look at the Gophers with Omersa and Ihnen neither really being suited to start at PF and think, "Why would I want to go battle at Marquette with what they have and 2 freshman 4* bigs for a spot I fill easily at Minnesota?"

Pick up the Maroon and Gold Hat Dawson!

Reid Travis has ruined any shot at me hoping we get Garcia. I thought he was a slam dunk and it was going to be amazing and then he said "Stanford" and I just assumed no one at that level will ever come here again ha. Assume he is going elsewhere and be less upset if he does and more excited if he says Minnesota.

If Garcia does come here, would Oturu be more likely to stay?

And would you want to see Omersa play the 3?

Minnesota really is the best fit for his talents. I think he'll land here and be a hometown hero versus a stay-away zero.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but what he says about the Gophers compared to the other finalists here makes me feel more optimistic.

Minnesota: “I just think it would be sweet to rep the Minnesota across my chest and just have the people rally around. It would just be awesome to play in front of the home state, so that’s what really sticks out with them. I know all the players and grew up around them and I’m really cool with them and coach [Richard] Pitino and the guys."

Go Gophers!!

Its amazing to me how deliberate this young man has been and how close to the vest he's held his cards. Gophers have a 1-in-4 chance to get him and that's all we can ask for.

Omersa is a 4/5. Not close to being a 3. Garcia would be far more likely to play minutes at the 3 than Omersa, but I doubt Garcia would play any minutes there either.

It would be nice to see:

PG: Mashburn?/Carr/Greenlee
SG: Kalesheur/Willis
SF: Ihnen/Williams
PF: Garcia/Omersa/Mitchell
C: Oturu/Freeman

Screwed if Oturu bails.

It would be nice to see:

PG: Mashburn?/Carr/Greenlee
SG: Kalesheur/Willis
SF: Ihnen/Williams
PF: Garcia/Omersa/Mitchell
C: Oturu/Freeman

Screwed if Oturu bails.

I'd guess it will be Carr, Mashburn, Kalscheur at the 1-3, but if Ihnen develops enough to start over Carr and Willis, that would be huge.

Omersa would likely be a bench player and come in at the 4. He doesn't seem like the type that would care about starting or not and would give his all coming in off the bench every game.

I'd guess it will be Carr, Mashburn, Kalscheur at the 1-3, but if Ihnen develops enough to start over Carr and Willis, that would be huge.

Why do people always assume the freshman will come in and start ahead of established players? Mashburn will not come in and start ahead of Carr or Willis, unless Carr continues shooting FT like he has (can’t do that!). Garcia will come in and start, but he’s a unique talent.

Why do people always assume the freshman will come in and start ahead of established players? Mashburn will not come in and start ahead of Carr or Willis, unless Carr continues shooting FT like he has (can’t do that!). Garcia will come in and start, but he’s a unique talent.
Carr should be the assumed starter as well next year unless he completely falls apart, I look forward to mashburn having a similar role to williams this year.

Top Bottom