All Things Dawson Garcia Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020): UPDATED: Gophers Offered

Dawson, be the hero. Commit now, recruit others to join you, and be the the one that started the the 2020 rush. You'll be legend in these parts.

Just like others before him?

Nothing like the others. He made it known that everything would be close to the vest and that he was in no hurry. Now he is close to pairing down and keeping the Gophers in it.

Gophers and Pitino are willing to make Garcia their top focus. Hope he has some MN pride and wants to be out hometowns #1 priority vs. a last second Blue Blood addition. Garcia is a great player. I'm excited for his commitment. Hope he makes it sooner than later so Gophers can either celebrate or move on.

Gophers and Pitino are willing to make Garcia their top focus. Hope he has some MN pride and wants to be out hometowns #1 priority vs. a last second Blue Blood addition. Garcia is a great player. I'm excited for his commitment. Hope he makes it sooner than later so Gophers can either celebrate or move on.

Would be great to see him here. What he has done in 18 months is incredible.

Be interesting to see if they would take a commitment from Sibley, if he were going to commit this weekend, with Garcia still on the board

Be interesting to see if they would take a commitment from Sibley, if he were going to commit this weekend, with Garcia still on the board

I’d need a second look at the scholarship chart, but I feel as though you would find room for both assuming sibley’s rating tracks with the staff’s opinion. So in this scenario, I’d say yes, let’s get a top 100 kid on the nord to recruit others with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They would Garcia one maybe two and done guy, Sibley would be a good four year player. Garcia is just one of those guys you make room for no matter the scholarship situation

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

They would Garcia one maybe two and done guy, Sibley would be a good four year player. Garcia is just one of those guys you make room for no matter the scholarship situation

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So you chase someone off the team ?

I would assume that is why they met with Garcia tonight before Sibley comes this weekend. You have got to be totally honest with him and let him know the U can’t wait so long that they pass on other good players. I say you take a commitment this weekend, the train is leaving the station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd love to see Sibley and Garcia commit 100000% that would be incredible are we really talking about this

I would assume that is why they met with Garcia tonight before Sibley comes this weekend. You have got to be totally honest with him and let him know the U can’t wait so long that they pass on other good players. I say you take a commitment this weekend, the train is leaving the station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought Sibley said he was taking all his visits before deciding.

Thought Sibley said he was taking all his visits before deciding.

Recruits sometimes say that, then get excited and commit. You never know. Maybe the Gophers want to know where they stand before they decide who hard to press Sibley or maybe they just want to assure Garcia that they are holding a spot for him regardless of who commits. Hard to say.

I feel like you have to go after who wants to play here the most. Pitino can't wait around unless he knows something we don't. I like all of their top targets, if they get 3 of any of their remaining high prospects it will be a huge success. Has Sibley always been in the mix? Seems like that just came about recently even the offer has been out for awhile. Very nice surprise.

Last edited:

I feel like you have to go after who wants to play here the most. Pitino can't wait around unless he knows something we don't. I like all of their top targets, if they get 3 of any of their remaining high prospects it will be a huge success.

I agree. As some of you know i follow Villanova and UVA closely and they never hold spots. They do have kids that fall in love sooner for obvious reasons but either way i believe strongly in never holding them.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I don't think I wanted a Minnesota kid a bad as Garcia since McHale. He is a program changer and he has strong players around him here.

Why do kids keep looking at Arizona? NCAA better nail that cheating school.

By the way, Garcia has 4 known cheating schools listed. Plus Minny which of course cheated in the past.

Hearing Gophers are running #4 on this list.

If true, the Gophers can perhaps change that by signing a couple others that Garcia feels can be part of a championship team. Just have to keep hanging in there. Man we need him. A great PF would look really, really good with what we have.

Top Bottom