All Things Dawson Garcia Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020): UPDATED: Gophers Offered

Some genius deduced that Since Garcia was not likely coming here, combined with the fact that Pitino just offered another big...therefore Garcia must have told Pitino that the Gophs were out....and decided to put this out for the paying rubes who think they have some inside info.... In the event that Garcia does wind up here the the genius will say that the had a last minute change of heart and the rubes will be elated

This right here lmao, so true actually

Some genius deduced that Since Garcia was not likely coming here, combined with the fact that Pitino just offered another big...therefore Garcia must have told Pitino that the Gophs were out....and decided to put this out for the paying rubes who think they have some inside info.... In the event that Garcia does wind up here the the genius will say that the had a last minute change of heart and the rubes will be elated

Correct

It literally cost less for your first month than vending machine Cheetos. You could pay for it with the change under your carseat

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Have never paid for “inside/early access” to recruiting info, and ain’t gonna start.

A rumor comes out that doesn’t favor the Gophers and now apparently recruiting sites are a scam and the people who subscribe to them are morons. They got the Mashburn commitment right, but surely the info on Garcia has zero basis in reality!

Well disappointing if true. Hopefully it’s a decision that he comes to regret. And the way to do that is to get kids who want to be here and win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A rumor comes out that doesn’t favor the Gophers and now apparently recruiting sites are a scam and the people who subscribe to them are morons. They got the Mashburn commitment right, but surely the info on Garcia has zero basis in reality!

Say what you want about rumors from recruiting sites but I suspect trolls as 247 still only has 2 crystal ball projections on Dawson. So they don't know squat!

I'd very much like to cheer for Garcia as a hometown hero with the Gophers and hope the rumors are wrong but if he chooses to go elsewhere, he's just another teenager that plays basketball. The amount of sleep I'll lose over his decision to spurn the Gophers is equivalent to the amount of time I root for the Badgers. If he takes no pride in representing his home school, state and fans, is it really a loss? Nope. With that said...I hope the rumors are wrong. He's a perfect fit for this program and roster.

I understand that you shouldn’t post “paid” information on a free site, but can’t you at least let us know which paid site has this “inside” info? Maybe we will all join to read the insight?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand that you shouldn’t post “paid” information on a free site, but can’t you at least let us know which paid site has this “inside” info? Maybe we will all join to read the insight?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raise your hand if you are paying someone to tell you secrets about high schoolers.

(Alchemy that’s not directed at you I just happened to reply to this message)

I will never understand why people would feel the need to not post "paid" information. That is simply not how information works.

Once you know, you're free to share it with anyone you want. You pay for the early access or the actual content, not the underlying information. You should not go to a pay site and copy and paste the articles into here. If you come here and spread the underlying information, that's not only OK, it's how it's been done since the beginning of time. Could you imagine reading an article in the WSJ and then thinking that you wouldn't discuss it because you paid for the article? That's absurd.

These paid recruiting sites have tricked people into thinking they have paid to become insiders themselves. It's why there is this bizarre cloak and dagger feel to the dissemination of information. They make it feel like people who talk are outing the sacred rituals of the Illuminati.

Simple logic to refute this: if it was down to IU, Marquette, and Minnesota going into the weekend, and he's planning on making a decision in the next couple weeks -- and assuming he didn't give a hard commit to IU this weekend, which I would think would leak out? -- why would he go out of his way to positively eliminate one of those schools, even if he feels like it has less than 5% chance?? Why not just let their ball cap stay on the table until the decision event??

I think this simple, powerful logic does a pretty good job at turning this rumor into bunk.

But you all pay your whatever dollars per month for your "early access", if you want. You do you

I will never understand why people would feel the need to not post "paid" information. That is simply not how information works.

Once you know, you're free to share it with anyone you want. You pay for the early access or the actual content, not the underlying information. You should not go to a pay site and copy and paste the articles into here. If you come here and spread the underlying information, that's not only OK, it's how it's been done since the beginning of time. Could you imagine reading an article in the WSJ and then thinking that you wouldn't discuss it because you paid for the article? That's absurd.

These paid recruiting sites have tricked people into thinking they have paid to become insiders themselves. It's why there is this bizarre cloak and dagger feel to the dissemination of information. They make it feel like people who talk are outing the sacred rituals of the Illuminati.

Agreed!

No one here is asking for them to copy and paste the insider article.

But a simple "Johnny McFaceGuy over at GopherIlliustrated says that he talked to Garcia, and that he said ...." or whatever it was.

Perfectly stated, Bob - couldn't have said it any better.

The rubes already violated the do not disseminate secret pay site rumors on 17 year kids by posting that he was gone based on the site info...then play the holier than thou card when pressed to elaborate. you cannot make this up

So let's say that Garcia lets the Gophers ballcap stay on the table for the decision event at PLHS next month, but ends up not picking it up.

Does that prove the rumor was false, or validate it?

Indiana basketball = Nebraska football. Both think they they should be elite simply because they were once elite in the past. Things have changed. The 70's and 80's aren't coming back. Both have churned through coaches recently and are currently on their newest "hot shot", who both have and will underachieve.

Absolutely spot on, Bob.

Simple logic to refute this: if it was down to IU, Marquette, and Minnesota going into the weekend, and he's planning on making a decision in the next couple weeks -- and assuming he didn't give a hard commit to IU this weekend, which I would think would leak out? -- why would he go out of his way to positively eliminate one of those schools, even if he feels like it has less than 5% chance?? Why not just let their ball cap stay on the table until the decision event??

I think this simple, powerful logic does a pretty good job at turning this rumor into bunk.

But you all pay your whatever dollars per month for your "early access", if you want. You do you

I don't pay for any of the recruiting sites either, but you seem to have a really weird grudge against people who do. It's not that much money and some people like getting inside info. Who cares? Are you mad at one of those sites for banning you or something?

Indiana basketball = Nebraska football. Both think they they should be elite simply because they were once elite in the past. Things have changed. The 70's and 80's aren't coming back. Both have churned through coaches recently and are currently on their newest "hot shot", who both have and will underachieve.

If you look at free Indiana's forums the love for Archie Miller is below the Pitino level here. They expect the moon now. In their minds he is already on the hot seat.

Indiana basketball has been much better in the last few years than Nebraska football.

+o4

You missed the point

I didn't miss the point at all. Indiana basketball is a much better program than Nebraska football currently and over the past few years, and thus when they hearken back to their glory days it rings truer because they are much closer to returning to those days than Nebraska.

Is this totally BS or actual information posted. I think his heart/family wants him to stay here. I think his head says goes out state.

Is this totally BS or actual information posted. I think his heart/family wants him to stay here. I think his head says goes out state.

It all started with someone making a bold statement with zero to back it up, then claiming it comes from a VIP site that you have to pay to access.

My gut says that, at this point, he won't actually, publicly eliminate any of his already named finalists. They'll all have ballcaps on the table. The "truth" could be that he has made a decision or is down to a final two, but I don't think that will ever be public knowledge. There won't be any way to verify it. So I think the pay site people are just making guesses, and passing it off as double secret handshake club insider info.

He may not pick it, but our ballcap will be on the table.

I've talked to a bunch of people in the know this weekend at the invite only Tournament this weekend. I think Dawson just wants a reason to stay home. If I were Pitino I would be down there as much as possible.

I've talked to a bunch of people in the know this weekend at the invite only Tournament this weekend. I think Dawson just wants a reason to stay home. If I were Pitino I would be down there as much as possible.

I could give him a pretty good list of reasons, but I doubt he would listen to me.

By know he knows all of reasons to stay home.

I would guess it is more the matter of wanting to think he is good enough to go elsewhere. Most all of the top marquee players just before him have left for the bright lights. He is good enough to go to most anywhere. Built mentioned that some of the big school kept away thinking that he wouldn’t leave MN. In his final choices, there are no bright lights. He can bring the bright lights to him at Minnesota.

He should go with his heart and the team/coach that has shown him the most love. Be a Gopher!

One big reason is for the

By know he knows all of reasons to stay home.

I would guess it is more the matter of wanting to think he is good enough to go elsewhere. Most all of the top marquee players just before him have left for the bright lights. He is good enough to go to most anywhere. Built mentioned that some of the big school kept away thinking that he wouldn’t leave MN. In his final choices, there are no bright lights. He can bring the bright lights to him at Minnesota.

He should go with his heart and the team/coach that has shown him the most love. Be a Gopher!

...people you leave behind. If he chooses MN, Prior Lake games will be packed this winter. If he goes elsewhere, well....let's just say I live near Ben Carlson's back yard, and as far as I'm concerned he now lives in Eau Claire.

Top Bottom