Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    Need to hone in on getting the other 2020 Minnesota kids staff has offered. Garcia and Suggs will go the Jones’, Vaughn, Hurt route. They’ve got big-time offers.
    Would be a borderline fireable offense if we stopped recruiting Garcia before he indicated he's going elsewhere.

Does Kansas qualify as a big-time offer? Imagine if we stopped recruiting Oturu to focus on other players.

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    Need to hone in on getting the other 2020 Minnesota kids staff has offered. Garcia and Suggs will go the Jones’, Vaughn, Hurt route. They’ve got big-time offers.
    No way. You're giving up way too quick especially on Garcia. There is no sure thing but the Gophers have as good of chance as anyone there.

It does seem pretty clear from recent articles that Suggs is likely committing to Gonzaga, Garcia however seems like we have a pretty legit chance with him. If any top 50 recruits express interest, there is no way Pitino and staff are giving up unless they have been given pretty clear indication from Garcia he is not committing.

per Marcus:

Eight big names

Ben Carlson 6-9 PF East Ridge: One of the state’s top rebounders, Carlson has most of the Big Ten after him, but Stanford is trying hard to lure him.

Steven Crowl 6-11 C Eastview: Relatively unknown nationally before a breakout spring as a highly-skilled big man for D1 Minnesota’s AAU program.

Dain Dainja 6-9 PF Park Center: His father, Dana Jackson, played for the Gophers, but Dainja decided last month to take his powerful post game to Baylor.

Dawson Garcia 6-11 PF Prior Lake: Garcia’s three-point range and mobility for his height has blue bloods looking at Minnesota again, one class after Duke signed Matthew Hurt.

Gabe Madsen 6-6 SG Rochester Mayo: Flashy scorer exploded for 53 points and 12 threes in a game last season. He recently picked up a Gopher offer.

Mason Madsen 6-3 PG Rochester Mayo: His twin brother, Gabe, has bigger offers, but Mason’s steady play might make some high majors offer them both.

Jalen Suggs 6-4 PG Minnehaha Academy: Two-sport standout and one of the state’s best athletes ever is leaning toward deciding in August to possibly stick with college hoops.

Kerwin Walton 6-5 SG Hopkins: Three-point shooting and defense are his specialties, which earned him offers from the Big Ten, Big East and Pac-12.

http://www.startribune.com/get-to-kn...ass/512565352/

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

Also in the class of 2020 is Dawson Garcia of Prior Lake, who is No. 32 in 247Sports’ national rankings. He reported that he is having great communication with the Gophers.

“I like [assistant] coach Kyle Lindsted and [head] coach Richard Pitino a lot,” Garcia told Gophers Illustrated. “Last year obviously I didn’t talk to them too much, but this year during the winter season and during the spring season we have built a great relationship. I liked the visit a lot. The new facility is sweet, I like it a lot. I like the Gophers a lot.”

http://www.startribune.com/twins-get...and/512614322/

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Sid:

Also in the class of 2020 is Dawson Garcia of Prior Lake, who is No. 32 in 247Sports’ national rankings. He reported that he is having great communication with the Gophers.

“I like [assistant] coach Kyle Lindsted and [head] coach Richard Pitino a lot,” Garcia told Gophers Illustrated. “Last year obviously I didn’t talk to them too much, but this year during the winter season and during the spring season we have built a great relationship. I liked the visit a lot. The new facility is sweet, I like it a lot. I like the Gophers a lot.”

http://www.startribune.com/twins-get...and/512614322/

Go Gophers!!
    Sign already, be a hero!