All Things Dawson Garcia Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020): UPDATED: Gophers Offered

I will say guys I love the optimism but if ryan james is saying something like that, there’s a reason, and somebody he trusts told him that Dawson was gone. So I’d love to be surprised but that’s my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah that's where I am at with it. RJ has bad player eval takes, but his recruiting bits are fair and on point. He had an interesting take on McKinley Wright's recruitment in the comments (fair game). Even though the D1 coach comes off as a spoiled child, if accurate, he obviously has alot of influence on these guys and it seems like Wright is very well liked and respected in those circles. If RJ is wrong, great, but the two Ryan's seem to be pretty good at what they do so I wouldn't bet on it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That's part of my point. Why didn't some of these schools offer? Is he overrated? It doesn't seem so. So why no UK, MSU, etc....

He is not overrated. Just a huge group from 25 to 100. Different fits and projections. Some of those schools prioritized others, some thought he would not leave the state, others were already full. Kid is a great get, love what he has done but like nearly every high school kid has a ton of work to do to become a elite college player.

Yeah that's where I am at with it. RJ has bad player eval takes, but his recruiting bits are fair and on point. He had an interesting take on McKinley Wright's recruitment in the comments (fair game). Even though the D1 coach comes off as a spoiled child, if accurate, he obviously has alot of influence on these guys and it seems like Wright is very well liked and respected in those circles. If RJ is wrong, great, but the two Ryan's seem to be pretty good at what they do so I wouldn't bet on it.

Been mentioning the D1 issue for quite awhile on here. His jealousy of Pulley and the attention they got from Richard (justifiably) right away seems to be something he hasn’t gotten over. Was hoping Dawson would be the one to break the streak, but if not I trust Richard in spring recruiting.

Which one of the recruiting guys is a former Gopher manager? Is that James?

I'm not sure why everyone is being so weirdly cryptic about this.

Ryan James posted this morning on GI that Dawson is going to decide soon, and that he is down to Marquette or Indiana. I pay for the premium subscription and I have zero compunction about posting that information on here.

Hopefully, James is wrong (obviously) but that is what is out there as of now.

Thank you!

To the others: take that!

I will say guys I love the optimism but if ryan james is saying something like that, there’s a reason, and somebody he trusts told him that Dawson was gone. So I’d love to be surprised but that’s my guess.

Of course there’s a reason. The reason is, they need to provide content for people who subscribe.

What he said is almost the perfect thing to say. If Garcia does pick the U after all, he can just claim it was because it’s a fickle teenager who didn’t stick with his word, or he got bad info from a source he can’t name, or that Pitino put on a hard last second pitch, etc etc. And the thing is, everyone will be so ecstatic that no one will care he was dead wrong.

And if Garcia doesn’t pick the U, nevermind the fact that we’ll be in it to the end and our ballcap will be on the table, then RJ can claim he (and his source) were right, and they got you early access.

Amounts to nothing more than a bulletproof, wild guess.

Of course there’s a reason. The reason is, they need to provide content for people who subscribe.

What he said is almost the perfect thing to say. If Garcia does pick the U after all, he can just claim it was because it’s a fickle teenager who didn’t stick with his word, or he got bad info from a source he can’t name, or that Pitino put on a hard last second pitch, etc etc. And the thing is, everyone will be so ecstatic that no one will care he was dead wrong.

And if Garcia doesn’t pick the U, nevermind the fact that we’ll be in it to the end and our ballcap will be on the table, then RJ can claim he (and his source) were right, and they got you early access.

I don't know if it cracks your top ten but that's one of the more retarded things you've said on your many burner accounts

Do you really need to use that word? Come on man, this is a family site. Gross

I didn’t think anyone was being cryptic about the source. I think Madtown said “behind a paywall” and “Minnesota basketball recruiting expert.” There’s like only two or three people that fit that description, those being Ryan James at 247 or Matt Jessen-Howard or David Sisk at Rivals, and of those three, there’s like an 80% chance it was Ryan James because he’s always been the biggest name in Minnesota basketball recruiting. If I was leaking government secrets and said my source was an African-American former US president, how many guesses would it take to figure out who my source is?

Ryan also correctly predicted that Martice Mitchell would commit to Minnesota over Rutgers at least a few days ahead of the announcement. He predicted the Mashburn commitment probably a week or more before it actually happened. I believe the info that Matz Stockman would not transfer to Cal and would stay at Minnesota was first posted on 247 by Ryan. If he’s really making it all up and posting fake interviews with recruits, then he’s been defrauding a bunch of of subscribers as well as multiple employers ( he used to be at Rivals, then moved to Scout before 247 bought Scout) for over a decade and just made a lot of lucky guesses in the process.

It wouldn’t be fraud because you’re only paying for his opinions.

Which is all it is. If it makes you feel good to know a couple days before everyone else does, more power to you.

I didn’t think anyone was being cryptic about the source. I think Madtown said “behind a paywall” and “Minnesota basketball recruiting expert.” There’s like only two or three people that fit that description, those being Ryan James at 247 or Matt Jessen-Howard or David Sisk at Rivals, and of those three, there’s like an 80% chance it was Ryan James because he’s always been the biggest name in Minnesota basketball recruiting. If I was leaking government secrets and said my source was an African-American former US president, how many guesses would it take to figure out who my source is?

Ryan also correctly predicted that Martice Mitchell would commit to Minnesota over Rutgers at least a few days ahead of the announcement. He predicted the Mashburn commitment probably a week or more before it actually happened. I believe the info that Matz Stockman would not transfer to Cal and would stay at Minnesota was first posted on 247 by Ryan. If he’s really making it all up and posting fake interviews with recruits, then he’s been defrauding a bunch of of subscribers as well as multiple employers ( he used to be at Rivals, then moved to Scout before 247 bought Scout) for over a decade and just made a lot of lucky guesses in the process.

Part of the cryptic nature was the black and white statement. Something like ‘Minnesota officially eliminated’. Did Dawson tell James that, and then ask him to only confirm only confirm it for people who are paying him?

I’m sure James isn’t making crap up, and I have no idea how the statement was framed in the article, but there hasn’t been anything to confirm that rumor. If true it’s like he is the only one with that info, or he is the only one willing to say it (kind of) aloud. If it was “official” I’m guessing we’d all know through other confirmations by now.

Your combination of conspiracy theories and disdain for people who don't work for free is very strange.

It was cryptic. What is the point of not directly saying who had the “news”?

Your combination of conspiracy theories and disdain for people who don't work for free is very strange.

No disdain in the slightest to people who make their living that way, or people who pay for it. As I've said multiple times now.

My disdain, entirely, is for Madtown's original post .... walks in, drops a bomb on the table as if it were fact, zero to back it up, then comes off as a pompous a__ when asked where it came from, and acts like you're not good enough to know if you don't have the double-secret handshake. That's my disdain.

He should've included the source's name, or he should not have posted at all, frankly.

Last edited:

Madtown has posted stuff from pay boards before. Maybe I just pay closer attention to this stuff than others, but it was obvious to me where the info was coming from.

Madtown has posted stuff from pay boards before. Maybe I just pay closer attention to this stuff than others, but it was obvious to me where the info was coming from.

I did/do not possess that decoder ring. My (worthless) opinion stands.

Mnplsgopher is nothing but a troll. This guy has multiple accounts and has multiple accounts banned. Don't feed him.

I'm not sure why everyone is being so weirdly cryptic about this.

Ryan James posted this morning on GI that Dawson is going to decide soon, and that he is down to Marquette or Indiana. I pay for the premium subscription and I have zero compunction about posting that information on here.

Hopefully, James is wrong (obviously) but that is what is out there as of now.

Thank you!

If you pay for the premium subscription, I don't know why you couldn't share some of the basic information... Not like you are cutting and pasting a full article...

Thanks. I don’t like disclosing all details since that is what you pay for. When major news breaks and it will facilitate discussion among us fans I like to share. I don’t have to though if I’m going to get blowback. I’ll be more careful next time.

He also just shared a new name to watch now that Dawson seems to be leaning toward Marquette or IU. That’s the fun stuff to read that makes a cheap subscription worth it. I recommend everyone join.

He also just shared a new name to watch now that Dawson seems to be leaning toward Marquette or IU. That’s the fun stuff to read that makes a cheap subscription worth it. I recommend everyone join.

Someone is about to throw a tantrum over this post.

Sounds juicy

No one pimps GI more than MadTown, it's strange. But let's keep this on Garcia, can we? Kid's a heck of a talent.

I didn’t know Royce White had any eligibility left. [emoji16]

Thanks. I don’t like disclosing all details since that is what you pay for. When major news breaks and it will facilitate discussion among us fans I like to share. I don’t have to though if I’m going to get blowback. I’ll be more careful next time.

You pay for the ability to conceal that it was Ryan James who made the claim? That bit of it, is the bit that adds the most value for your money?

*shakes head*

Moving on, keep it on Garcia.

You pay for the ability to conceal that it was Ryan James who made the claim? That bit of it, is the bit that adds the most value for your money?

*shakes head*

Moving on, keep it on Garcia.

It's impossible to interpret what he said the way you're pretending to.

Let's keep it on Garcia, please.

Feel free to PM me, or create a thread on the OTB bashing me for no good reason, if you like.

Top Bottom