Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 135 of 135
  1. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    OMG! I just wet myself!
    Don't tell that to Everybody Knows My Name over on the football board. He considers that grossly immoral behavior.


  2. #122

    Default

    per Sid:

    • Dawson Garcia, the 6-11 Prior Lake center/forward who is ranked as the No. 28 player in the country in the Class of 2020 and is being recruited by coach Richard Pitino and the Gophers, will play in Mongolia this June for Team USA at the 2019 FIBA 3x3 U18 World Cup.

    http://www.startribune.com/vikings-f...ent/510042102/

    Go Gophers!!

  3. #123

    Default




    Go Gophers!!

  4. #124

    Default

    Interested to see if Dawson stays at Prior Lake this winter. The boys varsity head coach just left/fired last week.

  5. #125

    Default




    Go Gophers!!

  6. #126

    Default

    Keeping it Heel: Tar Heels have new 2020 target in their sights?

    Dawson Garcia is a rising star from the class of 2020, and he’s beginning to get the royal treatment on the recruiting trail.

    The top-30 prospect from Prior Lake, Minnesota has been playing well both in high school and on the grassroots circuit, and some of the biggest names in college basketball are noticing. Garcia already holds scholarship offers from more than a dozen schools including Arizona, Baylor, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Oregon, Purdue, Texas, Wisconsin and Xavier.

    Garcia mentioned several Big 10 and Midwest programs that have him on their respective radars, including Indiana, Marquette and the hometown favorite Minnesota Golden Gophers. He also told Zagoria that he’s recently begun hearing from powerhouse programs like Duke, Gonzaga, Kentucky and North Carolina, noting that the location of his future school has absolutely nothing to do with his decision.

    “Geography doesn’t really affect me at all,” Garcia said. “I like the nice weather, but being from Minnesota, winter doesn’t bother me at all, four seasons doesn’t really affect me. Being far away from home or being close doesn’t really matter to me, just my relationship with the coaching staff and how comfortable I feel about that school.”

    Garcia is a 6-foot-11, 220-pound center with loads of potential, both at the collegiate level and as a future NBA player. His tremendous length helps him block and alter shots. He’s a good rebounder, and passes the ball well. He’s equipped with a good jump shot that allows him to extend defenses out to the three-point line. Once he puts on some more weight, he’ll be able to impose his will against opponents in the paint.

    https://keepingitheel.com/2019/06/13...target-sights/

    Go Gophers!!

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Littleton
    Posts
    2,656

    Default

    He wasn't even a center on his own high school team. Kid is definitely a prototype stretch 4. He definitely has NBA potential.


    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    Keeping it Heel: Tar Heels have new 2020 target in their sights?

    Garcia is a 6-foot-11, 220-pound center with loads of potential, both at the collegiate level and as a future NBA player.

    https://keepingitheel.com/2019/06/13...target-sights/

    Go Gophers!!

  8. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by march madness View Post
    He wasn't even a center on his own high school team. Kid is definitely a prototype stretch 4. He definitely has NBA potential.
    Probably a "center" on every team in the state except for maybe 6-10 schools. Not really a fair comparison.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Littleton
    Posts
    2,656

    Default

    Not really, he plays a lot in the mid range, out to 3, in transition. He has more small forward skills than center. His best position is not center and he will only play their if the team he signs with has no size. Not sure what PL has returning but if they have a 6-6 physical player I imagine he would guard the opposing teams center.

  10. #130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abrams View Post
    Interested to see if Dawson stays at Prior Lake this winter. The boys varsity head coach just left/fired last week.
    Don’t really know anything about his family’s financials, but if he transfers without moving addresses he would be ineligible

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bracketville, MN
    Posts
    21,487
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Blueblood offer.

    He gone.

  12. #132

    Default

    He is pretty wide open right now. Gophers have a legit shot.

  13. #133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    Don’t really know anything about his family’s financials, but if he transfers without moving addresses he would be ineligible
    Pretty sure he is referencing prep school.

  14. #134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by march madness View Post
    Not really, he plays a lot in the mid range, out to 3, in transition. He has more small forward skills than center. His best position is not center and he will only play their if the team he signs with has no size. Not sure what PL has returning but if they have a 6-6 physical player I imagine he would guard the opposing teams center.
    Garcia guards the post players at PL and he likely will in the college game. He is skilled enough to play outside on offense but skilled enough to play on the perimeter on defense. That's a modern 4/5. I actually think he will play a lot of minutes at the 5 in college because he creates such match-up problems.

  15. #135

    Default




    Go Gophers!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •