All Things Dawson Garcia Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020): UPDATED: Gophers Offered

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/three-point-play-jj-traynor-dawson-garcia-juco-matchup

"But, from what I’ve been hearing most recently, it does appear that those two may be opening up some distance on Memphis and Minnesota."

This article is literally pure speculation - Garcia clearly hasn't tipped his hand to many people about where he plans on committing.

I still think he picks Indiana over us but I'd love to know this guys sources about Garcia picking MARQUETTE, a team with two 4* PFs committed already in 2020.

We'll find out in a couple weeks if this is bunk or not.

It’s not over until it’s over. My recollection is that at least at one point he intended to sit down with his parents after he had finished his official visits and review his options before he makes a final decision. And as I understand it, his parents want him to stay home. I don’t care where he is leaning at the moment. That doesn’t mean he can’t change his mind at the last minute. I was committed to a Division III football program after I graduated from high school, had a roommate assigned for the school year, and changed my mind a few days before reporting for practice.

It’s not over until it’s over. My recollection is that at least at one point he intended to sit down with his parents after he had finished his official visits and review his options before he makes a final decision. And as I understand it, his parents want him to stay home. I don’t care where he is leaning at the moment. That doesn’t mean he can’t change his mind at the last minute. I was committed to a Division III football program after I graduated from high school, had a roommate assigned for the school year, and changed my mind a few days before reporting for practice.

Quitter! JK

Pitino needs to put on the full press in these last couple weeks. Gopher fans should be out following Garcia on twitter. There is still time to move this and get him to listen to his parents.

I don't think we actually know that. Sounds like we're basically out of it, but I'm hoping we can set up an in-home visit or something before he decides so we can make one last pitch and maybe change his mind.

Marcus Fuller is reporting Garcia has now scheduled a 2nd official visit to Marquette on 11/8... :(

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Marcus Fuller is reporting Garcia has now scheduled a 2nd official visit to Marquette on 11/8... :(

Actually, that's fine by me. More time for us, more time for the Indiana visit to wear off and more time for Garcia to consider why he would go to Marquette when two other PFs have already signed.

Can someone post the significant Minnesota kids from the Class of 2020 in one spot here? I can't remember them all.

Carlson
Garcia
Suggs
Walton

Isn't there one or two others?

Can someone post the significant Minnesota kids from the Class of 2020 in one spot here? I can't remember them all.

Carlson
Garcia
Suggs
Walton

Isn't there one or two others?

Dainja is probably the only other significant one.

Crowl and Madsen are two others with high major offers, though they are ranked a couple notches behind the top 5.

I think the Walton recruitment is really interesting in that there is such a lack of info. Should Dawson go elsewhere, I wouldn't mind if we were able to sign Walton and then find a PF in the spring (if we have an open scholly of course). Although, who knows if we even have a shot with Walton.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Does Marcus not know the rules, or does Marquette not know the rules? Recruits can only take ONE official visit to an institution.

So, either Dawson Garcia took an official visit to Marquette as a junior and he's paying his way and taking an unofficial visit to Marquette on November 8th; or he took an unofficial visit his junior year and is taking an official visit on November 8th; or he is taking his 2nd official visit as Marcus suggests and Marquette is committing an NCAA recruiting violation.

Does Marcus not know the rules, or does Marquette not know the rules? Recruits can only take ONE official visit to an institution.

So, either Dawson Garcia took an official visit to Marquette as a junior and he's paying his way and taking an unofficial visit to Marquette on November 8th; or he took an unofficial visit his junior year and is taking an official visit on November 8th; or he is taking his 2nd official visit as Marcus suggests and Marquette is committing an NCAA recruiting violation.

The rules have changed. Kids can now take 5 officials in their junior year and 5 in their senior year, so a prospect could take two officials to the same school.

The rules have changed. Kids can now take 5 officials in their junior year and 5 in their senior year, so a prospect could take two officials to the same school.

Nice to see you posting a bit again UWOle. I hope all is well.

Go Gophers!!

I thought it didn't matter as long as it wasn't in the same year. Pretty sure Marquette's compliance office is top notch considering they aren't always considered on the "up and up" yet you don't see them on probation. Like if Frankie Collins wants to visit here officially again next year as SR he can correct?

I’m sure things have changed a lot in the fine town of Milwaukee and on the Marquette campus in the last year. Better double check ...

Actually, that's fine by me. More time for us, more time for the Indiana visit to wear off and more time for Garcia to consider why he would go to Marquette when two other PFs have already signed.

More time the better for sure. Also lets not give up hope until we know and hear that Pitino has stopped going to open gyms and stopped making home visits.

I 0% understand the allure of Marquette to so many MN basketball high schoolers

I thought it didn't matter as long as it wasn't in the same year. Pretty sure Marquette's compliance office is top notch considering they aren't always considered on the "up and up" yet you don't see them on probation. Like if Frankie Collins wants to visit here officially again next year as SR he can correct?

That is correct. Jamal Mashburn took two official visits here, one as a junior, one as a senior.

Well, there’s always the “under the table” stuff to consider. Rich alums at these fancy private schools.

Well, there’s always the “under the table” stuff to consider. Rich alums at these fancy private schools.

Plenty of rich alums at much less fancy state schools, too. Plenty of under the table going on there, too. In fact, maybe whether it is private or public has no bearing on whether supporters are more likely to cheat.

Ok, then it is I whom is the idiot whom doesn't know the rules. My apologies to Marcus and to Marquette.

Smaller school, urban, close for family yet away, great atmosphere on game day, basketball is THE show at Marquette, fun school, fun city, Big East. Not that hard to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smaller school, urban, close for family yet away, great atmosphere on game day, basketball is THE show at Marquette, fun school, fun city, Big East. Not that hard to understand.

I think calling Milwaukee "a fun city" is a bit of a stretch. Compared to what? Sheboygan? I was not impressed on my most recent visit.

I think calling Milwaukee "a fun city" is a bit of a stretch. Compared to what? Sheboygan? I was not impressed on my most recent visit.

Not my cup of tea either but i am not the teenager making the decision.

Hard not to have fun in Milwaukee. A great town for college kids.

Hard not to have fun in Milwaukee. A great town for college kids.

I guess that's why half the state moves to Minneapolis-St. Paul. Maybe they don't want to work in a chocolate or sausage factory.

Top Bottom