Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownGopher View Post
    Sounds like it's down to Gophers, Hoosiers, and Golden Eagles. Hopefully we get Mitchell and Mashburn this week to put a little more urgency into that third spot.
    Did some news come out eliminating Memphis or implying that?

Last I heard we are not at the top of his list, hopefully this weekend changed that! Indiana has an AAU D1 player in Thompson, I hope that connection is not too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrygopher1 View Post
    Last I heard we are not at the top of his list, hopefully this weekend changed that! Indiana has an AAU D1 player in Thompson, I hope that connection is not too strong.
    Is Thompson happy there? Seemed like he was not from what I’d heard

Quote Originally Posted by upnorthkid View Post
    Is Thompson happy there? Seemed like he was not from what I’d heard
    It was a rough start for him with the early graduation redshirt and then the concussion problems that took most of last season. From what I remember, he played well after coming back post concussion protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    What Philly won the pool ? He is a loyal Gopher fan.
    The March madness pool is open to anyone, including banned posters, not sure what that proves.
    Anyways I am kind of surprised Archie has credibility in Dawson's camp, considering he has Race Thompson on the end of the bench and despite a five year hole at PG, not bringing McKinley Wright with him to IU. Can't imagine the brand is strong with D1 Minnesota

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBlood666 View Post
    With all of Dawsonís options, it would be a real bummer if he chose another Big10 school outside of the Gophers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Parcival View Post
    Hey when Garcia commits to us in a few weeks make sure you come back to this thread and eat crow from all of us. Troll.
    Good lord...find some salt and take it with whatever psychotropic drugs you are on.

That said, I don't think we get Garcia.
    Yes, I did win the Gopherhole 2016 Bracket Challenge - Yes, it was a total fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrygopher1 View Post
    Last I heard we are serious contenders

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    What Philly won the pool ? He is a loyal Gopher fan.
    His last post (see link) about Gopher basketball:

Quote Originally Posted by GopherinPhilly View Post
    We will never get another commit...need to fire Pitino now!
    It's tiring how wrong you often are

Quote Originally Posted by GopherinPhilly View Post
    Good lord...find some salt and take it with whatever psychotropic drugs you are on.

That said, I don't think we get Garcia.
    Psychotropic drugs? That's oddly specific... I think I can guess what you've been doing on your weekends.

And your opinion on Garcia is quite clear.

Garcia would have to hate Pitino to not commit to the Gophers. We are a sweet sixteen team without him and potentially a final four team with him.

A starting spot waiting for him day 1.

The word out of PL is that Dawson's parents really like Pitino and really want him to stay home. He's still taking his OV to Indiana Oct. 25-27.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ten Championship View Post
    Garcia would have to hate Pitino to not commit to the Gophers. We are a sweet sixteen team without him and potentially a final four team with him.

A starting spot waiting for him day 1.

I get your point, but I donít see hate as the possible reason. You are correct that this has set up to be a GREAT situation for him. Start day one on a good team. By all accounts, he likes Pitino (thatís just heresay). I really hope (and still think there is a good chance) he stays home.

If he doesnít, I think the reason could be one of three: 1. Simply wants an away-from-home experience, 2. Blinded by the bright lights of ďbigger-nameĒ schools with more historical success, or 3. Listens too much to peers and recruiters who might have negative comments about the Gophers.

Letís hope Dawson realizes that 1. MN is a GREAT place to be, compared with any other city, or country for that matter. I know, Iíve been all over the US and almost 30 countries. 2. While it is true we havenít had the high-level success of many schools recently, with Garcia in the fold, we are on the cusp of changing that , and 3. Negativity causes ulcers and upset stomach and flatulence. Donít listen to the Negative Nancyís of the world, commit to the Gophers!

Blog Entries

Garcia will be Golden and secure a top 15 recruiting class.