Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Marquette has 2 commitments for 4 star power forwards, I don't think Marquette is a great option anymore.

Is Indiana in the last decade much different than Minnesota honestly. The 2015-2016 season they had a really nice team and run in the NCAA's but that couple years have been meh.

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    You mean a lot of Marquette and Indiana fans being blindly hopeful or that are concerned about him taking the hometown visit?
    Being hopeful. No real rumors. Just chatter from excitable fans. Couple of interesting things.

Dawson going to homecoming instead of Hoosier hysteria:
    https://twitter.com/hoosierhystrcs/s...979828736?s=21

https://twitter.com/samueltstory/sta...139963393?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by abrams View Post
    Marquette has 2 commitments for 4 star power forwards, I don't think Marquette is a great option anymore.

Is Indiana in the last decade much different than Minnesota honestly. The 2015-2016 season they had a really nice team and run in the NCAA's but that couple years have been meh.
    Have NBA placement pedigree, inclduingnin last 10 years. They’re still head and shoulders more regarding as a destination program than the U

Quote Originally Posted by abrams View Post
    Minnesota: 0 Big Ten titles, 4 NCAA Tournament appearances (2 second round appearances), Big Ten record of 69-113 (.379), 0 players drafted into the NBA
    Indiana: 2 Big Ten titles, 4 NCAA Tournament appearances (3 sweet sixteen appearances), Big Ten record of 87-95 (.478), 6 players drafted into the NBA (3 lottery picks)

No one's going to confuse the last 10 years of Indiana with those of Bobby Knight (or even Mike Davis), but Indiana has been significantly better than Minnesota over those 10 years. Moreover, while the Indiana fanbase never embraced the good coach they had in Crean, they now have one of the best young coaches in the country, someone they rally behind and who could coach there another 30 years.

All of that being said - it would be odd for us to lose a 5-star in-state recruit to Indiana. I don't know if that's ever happened.
    Last edited by dpodoll68; 09-26-2019 at 10:05 AM.

well...as a gopher fan here in indianapolis and a father of a IU student. We dislike IU / PU alot. Go Gophers. Many here cant wait for Glass to get fired or leave...anything really. It is my hope that Garcia n others stay home and play for the U. I have a 6'9" 250 lbs. sophomore at IU and they dont want him to play basketball for him. So IU apparently doesnt need any big men for the next few years...WTF. Well have a good day.

Five-star Prior Lake senior Dawson Garcia plans Gophers official visit this weekend

Five-star Prior Lake big man Dawson Garcia will be the first Minnesota player in the 2020 class to take an official visit with the Gophers when he comes to campus this weekend.

Garcia, who is ranked as high as No. 22 nationally, recently narrowed his list of schools to seven, which includes Marquette, North Carolina, Indiana, Kansas, Arizona and Memphis.

The 6-foot-11 power forward visited the Gophers unofficially twice this fall, including for last weekend’s football game vs. Georgia Southern.

Pitino is also hosting four-star Chicago Bloom High school center Martice Mitchell on an official visit this weekend. The 6-10 Mitchell also has offers from Iowa, Xavier and Illinois.

http://www.startribune.com/five-star...end/561430992/

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    Five-star Prior Lake senior Dawson Garcia plans Gophers official visit this weekend

Five-star Prior Lake big man Dawson Garcia will be the first Minnesota player in the 2020 class to take an official visit with the Gophers when he comes to campus this weekend.

Garcia, who is ranked as high as No. 22 nationally, recently narrowed his list of schools to seven, which includes Marquette, North Carolina, Indiana, Kansas, Arizona and Memphis.

The 6-foot-11 power forward visited the Gophers unofficially twice this fall, including for last weekend’s football game vs. Georgia Southern.

Pitino is also hosting four-star Chicago Bloom High school center Martice Mitchell on an official visit this weekend. The 6-10 Mitchell also has offers from Iowa, Xavier and Illinois.

http://www.startribune.com/five-star...end/561430992/

Go Gophers!!
    Would we take both Garcia and Mitchell? Always seems kind of interesting on visits like this -- are they potentially future teammates, or are they both interviewing to fill one available slot?

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    Would we take both Garcia and Mitchell? Always seems kind of interesting on visits like this -- are they potentially future teammates, or are they both interviewing to fill one available slot?
    Yes. Without question. In a blink of an eye.

Neither is interviewing, both are selecting.

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    Yes. Without question. In a blink of an eye.

Neither is interviewing, both are selecting.

Go Gophers!!
    Completely agreed, Garcia is so versatile you can pair him with any traditional big and be more than fine

Probably a 99% chance that we would. I think one of the only ways we wouldn't is if Pitino is confident that Garcia and Walton are a package deal. I'd bet money we'd take both this weekend if they both wanted to commit though.

You absolutely take them both, if they both want to commit. Garcia is a top 30 recruit and can play the 4 and 5. He's not just a center.

Quote Originally Posted by bc2211 View Post
    Being hopeful. No real rumors. Just chatter from excitable fans. Couple of interesting things.

Dawson going to homecoming instead of Hoosier hysteria:
    https://twitter.com/hoosierhystrcs/s...979828736?s=21

https://twitter.com/samueltstory/sta...139963393?s=21

In the minority but I think Garcia will commit here. the staff has done a marvelous job making him a priority. Blue bloods and other elite programs did nit do that and several did not even offer.

You could go small ball, spread the offense out, open up the lanes, shoot three's with Ihnen, Mitchell, and Garcia, oop's they are 6'9" and 6'"10, not so small.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    In the minority but I think Garcia will commit here. the staff has done a marvelous job making him a priority. Blue bloods and other elite programs did nit do that and several did not even offer.
    It would make big headlines if he did that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Don’t go getting me excited Built!