Memphis vs UCF
TCU vs Oklahoma
Georgia vs Auburn
Fresno State vs Boise State
Miami vs Clemson
Ohio State vs wisconsin
No etc. this week

USC up 17-14 on Stanford.

Great story this morning on Gameday - there is a one handed defensive player for UCF, Shaquem Griffin. What an inspiration.

Heard one of the guys on ESPN talk about how they don't need to expand the play-offs. The conference championship should be considered an extension of the play-offs. You lose in your conference championship game and your knocked out of the final four ... even if it is your first loss. Then it is just like the NCAA basketball tournament or any other tournament for that matter.

As it is now, not a single team is in for sure. With an 8 team playoff, some teams would probably be a lock for the playoffs no matter what happens today. That's why I'm fine with 4 teams.

Heard one of the guys on ESPN talk about how they don't need to expand the play-offs. The conference championship should be considered an extension of the play-offs. You lose in your conference championship game and your knocked out of the final four ... even if it is your first loss. Then it is just like the NCAA basketball tournament or any other tournament for that matter.

I agree with this, it’s a good way to look at it. Everyone wrings their hands about the possible injustice of “leaving out” a 1 or 2 ranked team who only loses their CCG. No one wrings their hands about injustice of a #1 tourney seed losing in the first round. You have to win the games when it matters most. If you can’t win your conference championship game why do you deserve to be immediately placed in the national championship semifinal?

As it is now, not a single team is in for sure. With an 8 team playoff, some teams would probably be a lock for the playoffs no matter what happens today. That's why I'm fine with 4 teams.

Unless you specify conference champs only. Maybe limit it to 6 and include best G5 team. independents can join in or pound sand.

Unless you specify conference champs only. Maybe limit it to 6 and include best G5 team. independents can join in or pound sand.

I wouldn't be against 6 if including the 5 conference champs and 1 at large. But only if the first round games are held at the higher seed's home stadium.

I wouldn't be against 6 if including the 5 conference champs and 1 at large. But only if the first round games are held at the higher seed's home stadium.

Yeah, the real horse trading would revolve around seeding and first round byes. As a fan of playoffs I’d prefer not leaving out contenders in years of a pretty meh field. There isn’t a single team that looks like a world beater. It’s setting up to be a perfect year for, God forbid, Wisconsin.

Traitor Snelson with game opening TD catch for UCF.

I just dug up an old Snelson thread for probably no reason at all. He looked pretty good on that opening drive - strong looking kid

Gonna be some good football today

Stanford 14 vs USC 3
Memphis 70 vs UCF 15
TCU32 vs Oklahoma 16
Georgia 4 vs Auburn 8
Fresno State 81 vs Boise State 67
Miami 20 vs Clemson 9
Ohio State 2 vs wisconsin 37
No etc. this week

Updated with 247 2017 roster talent rankings, in case anyone is keeping track.

This AAC game is out of control

Riley Ferguson 9/9 200 yards and 2 TD's

Snelson with 8 for 140 and 2 TD's. 3rd quarter not even over yet

This Memphis-UCF game makes me jealous of good QB play and receivers who can gain separation.

Not much defense in this UCF Memphis game. Speaking of Memphis I’m reminded of the ugly brawl between Memphis and BYU of all teams a few years ago. Miami is known for that as well...Marlantes sums up our inherent aggressive tendencies.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4iLoz2J917k" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hoWUwFv1-cU" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Snelson with 8 for 140 and 2 TD's. 3rd quarter not even over yet

His team is about to lose. And then lose their coach. Maybe he'll want to row the boat...

His team is about to lose. And then lose their coach. Maybe he'll want to row the boat...

Yep - he'll row right up here probably on Monday...Tuesday at the latest

This game is sweet. End of regulation 48-48. Over 1400 yards of offense.

Dang, wish I would have kept the Memphis - UCF game on. But at least I caught the ending.

Dang, wish I would have kept the Memphis - UCF game on. But at least I caught the ending.

I love how UCF wishes they could be in the CFP. They have a defense that would give up 100 points to Oklahoma. That was an ugly game with no defense. For us old guys, those games used to only be played in the WAC...

That was a really fun game to watch (UCF/Memphis). Feel bad for UCF fans having the Frost to Nebraska announcement roll across the breaking news ticker at the end though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It s%cks for the Gophers.

LOL at ESPN reporting "our own source Brett McMurphy" after they laid him off.

I agree with this, it’s a good way to look at it. Everyone wrings their hands about the possible injustice of “leaving out” a 1 or 2 ranked team who only loses their CCG. No one wrings their hands about injustice of a #1 tourney seed losing in the first round. You have to win the games when it matters most. If you can’t win your conference championship game why do you deserve to be immediately placed in the national championship semifinal?

Ditto all of the above. Four is fine.

I think the Ohio State-Wisconsin game is for seed #4. No way you can put in the SEC West runner-up, especially after the west champ just beat them last week and that west champ is getting beat by 3 scores right now.....

Terrible INT by Barrett but they respond. This is easily the best offense WI has faced all year.

I think the Ohio State-Wisconsin game is for seed #4. No way you can put in the SEC West runner-up, especially after the west champ just beat them last week and that west champ is getting beat by 3 scores right now.....

I don't see a 2-loss Ohio St getting in ahead of Alabama but maybe I'm wrong.

Terrible INT by Barrett but they respond. This is easily the best offense WI has faced all year.

The two touchdowns were both on passing plays.

One over the top.

One outside where the receiver had great speed and broke two tackles.
Evidently throwing against WI is the way to move the ball.
Both long TD's.

We should have just thrown it to our receivers outside and deep I guess.

Top Bottom