Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Also interesting is that Judge Sullivan previously oversaw the Ted Stevens case, where the same Andrew Weissman who is trying the Flynn case, was excoriated by Sullivan who said “In nearly 25 years on the bench, I’ve never seen anything approaching the mishandling and misconduct that I’ve seen in this case.”. The reason? Weissman & his team withheld exculpatory evidence from the defense in the case. Sullivan was so livid that he appointed a Special Counsel to investigate Weissman and the other prosecutors in the case, who were only saved from justice by Eric Holder.
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Remember at the sentencing of Flynn on 12/12/17 & immediately upon taking over the case from the recused Judge Rudolph Contreras, that Judge Emmet Sullivan took the unusual step of telling the Mueller team they must produce all exculpatory evidence they'd withheld from the defense.

Instead of saying "Your honor, that would be illegal. We're prepared to move forward with sentencing at this time.", they immediately asked for a 90 day delay in sentencing. Then another. Then another. Then another & here we are today 21 months later. Seems odd, no?
    No, that's not what happened. Flynn was never due to be sentenced in December 2017.

https://thehill.com/regulation/admin...least-two-more

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Also interesting is that Judge Sullivan previously oversaw the Ted Stevens case, where the same Andrew Weissman who is trying the Flynn case, was excoriated by Sullivan who said “In nearly 25 years on the bench, I’ve never seen anything approaching the mishandling and misconduct that I’ve seen in this case.”. The reason? Weissman & his team withheld exculpatory evidence from the defense in the case. Sullivan was so livid that he appointed a Special Counsel to investigate Weissman and the other prosecutors in the case, who were only saved from justice by Eric Holder.
    It's funny that you mention the Stevens case, because what Sullivan wrote about that case indicates that the Brady order in the Flynn case is now just SOP for him, and not indicative of any actual suspicion.

http://cardozolawreview.com/wp-conte....symposium.pdf

After fighting transparency for the past 21 months, they now have until 12pm on September 29th. My bet is they drop all charges.
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers