Big day of HS hoops on Saturday - lots of Gopher recruits all playing at Hopkins

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Quite the lineup on Saturday at Hopkins HS. I hope to make it over there and indulge on a feast of future Gophers!

3:45: DeLaSalle vs Iowa City West. Future Gopher Gabe Kalscheur vs Pat McCaffery, Fran's kid and Iowa commit.

5:30: Orono vs Robbinsdale Armstrong. Future Gopher Jarvis Omersa

7:00: Cretin-Derham Hall vs Hopkins. Future Gopher Daniel Oturu vs wisconsin signee Joseph Hedstrom, as well as Zeke Nnaji who's a junior with a Gopher offer.

8:30: Minnehaha Academy vs East Ridge. #2 player in the nation in the class of 2020 Jalen Suggs against Ben Carlson of East Ridge who the Gophers are recruiting.

A great way to see some great games, big time talent all in one location.

Go Gophers!!

As a heads up, this event is awesome but very very busy. Don’t expect to just walk in and sit.

Cool spot to see some major D1 coaches. A few years ago my wife denied Tubby a spot that we were saving for a friend. She didn’t know it was him and felt bad after, but he got a seat right behind us.

What kind of tournament or event is this?

Breakdown just pairs a lot of the best teams against each other to draw crowds/kick the season off. Its really fun but as I stated above, very busy.

The boys tournament is at least.

We are at the Break Down Tip-Off Classic and Oturu went down with what looks like a potentially bad injury. After swatting a Joe Hedstrom shot he went down and was down for a few minutes. He was helped off and put no weight on his leg. Jarvis Omersa, who happened to be standing as a spectator on the baseline the injury happened, came right over to console him.

Prior to the injury, Oturu was dominating.

We are at the Break Down Tip-Off Classic and Oturu went down with what looks like a potentially bad injury. After swatting a Joe Hedstrom shot he went down and was down for a few minutes. He was helped off and put no weight on his leg. Jarvis Omersa, who happened to be standing as a spectator on the baseline the injury happened, came right over to console him.

Prior to the injury, Oturu was dominating.

Great

Oturu is on the end of the bench, it does not look like he will play again tonight.

Top Bottom