NBA Draft.net 2019 Mock Draft: #50 - Jordan Murphy

Awesome!! I don’t see why he can’t go be a role player somewhere if his defense keeps progressing. He probably needs to at least add a consistent corner 3 to his game if he’s going to stick anywhere though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also had Rodney Williams as the number two overall pick after his first game.

Although #50 for Murphy seems quite realistic.

They also had Rodney Williams as the number two overall pick after his first game.

Although #50 for Murphy seems quite realistic.

I don't believe that.

Interesting enough, Rodney is still playing for the Greensboro Swarm in the G league.

And get this....

Wally Ellenson is playing professional hoops in the G league after some time in Canada. He got drafted for the 2nd time in the G league for the OKC Blue.

I don't believe that.

Interesting enough, Rodney is still playing for the Greensboro Swarm in the G league.

And get this....

Wally Ellenson is playing professional hoops in the G league after some time in Canada. He got drafted for the 2nd time in the G league for the OKC Blue.

Believe it or not it is true.

Jericho Sims listed at #27 on this list as well. Also, some dude with a very unfortunate name at #7, Simisola ****tu. Can't imagine how many times student sections are going to be making fun of that name next year when he's in college.

Wow, gopherhole won't even let me type out the last name without censoring it!

Believe it or not it is true.

So you're telling me that he was projected as the #2 draft pick in the upcoming draft after his first game? He wasn't even a top 10 kid out of high school, there is no way in hell I believe that and there is no way to prove it so we'll both go our seperate ways.

I DO, however, believe he was hyped for future drafts, like projecting 2 years out after his sophomore season he would be a lottery pick. That's a crap shoot, so if you're saying this site is **** because they once said Rodney was a lottery pick, that's fine, but it's not even close to the same story as Murphy being projected for the upcoming draft as a 2nd rounder.

So you're telling me that he was projected as the #2 draft pick in the upcoming draft after his first game? He wasn't even a top 10 kid out of high school, there is no way in hell I believe that and there is no way to prove it so we'll both go our seperate ways.

I DO, however, believe he was hyped for future drafts, like projecting 2 years out after his sophomore season he would be a lottery pick. That's a crap shoot, so if you're saying this site is **** because they once said Rodney was a lottery pick, that's fine, but it's not even close to the same story as Murphy being projected for the upcoming draft as a 2nd rounder.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Rodney-Williams-5791/mock-draft-history/

Yeah, I saw that, I lived that, I remember those days, this graph shows that at on October 18, 2010, he was projected as the #14 pick. October 18th wouldn't have been after his first game, it would have been leading into his sophomore season. Before the end of that Sophomore season he was being projected to come out after his Junior season for the 2012 draft class.

I do think other sites had him, as a freshman, coming out after his sophomore season in the lottery. And then things kept getting pushed back as he didn't develop a jumper.

I do not remember him ever being projected as the #2 pick in the upcoming draft.

I had remember seeing that and just did a quick google search to find showing lotter pick. Then decided to a quick search of gopherhole and found this.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?11811-Rodney-Williams-Mock-Draft

Pretty crazy seeing this in retrospect. Projected #3 pick after 3 games.

I didn't remember as high as the 3rd pick, I certainly knew it wasnt for the upcoming draft. So I'm part wrong, part right. #3, after his sophomore year was the highest ever projection for him, not #2 in the upcoming draft which may or may not been what Long Live Miles actually meant.

Again, projections out 2 years are always a gong show. Murphy in the 2nd round of this draft isn't extremely far fetched.+

Edit: I just realized this is 2 years away, not this upcoming draft.... I'm an idiot, still, I don't think Murph in this coming draft in the 2nd round is far-fetched if he continues this way.

Edit 2: 50

Jordan Murphy
6-6
SF
Minnesota
Jr.

This is why I'm all ****ed up, they've got him listed as a JR in this projection, which is his current age. My head is spinning and i'm done in this thread.

I didn't remember as high as the 3rd pick, I certainly knew it wasnt for the upcoming draft. So I'm part wrong, part right. #3, after his sophomore year was the highest ever projection for him, not #2 in the upcoming draft which may or may not been what Long Live Miles actually meant.

Again, projections out 2 years are always a gong show. Murphy in the 2nd round of this draft isn't extremely far fetched.+

Edit: I just realized this is 2 years away, not this upcoming draft.... I'm an idiot, still, I don't think Murph in this coming draft in the 2nd round is far-fetched if he continues this way.

It's for the 2019 draft, not 2018.

Edit 2: 50

Jordan Murphy
6-6
SF
Minnesota
Jr.

This is why I'm all ****ed up, they've got him listed as a JR in this projection, which is his current age. My head is spinning and i'm done in this thread.

We were both half wrong. In hindsight I'll remember that we were both half right.

Jericho Sims listed at #27 on this list as well. Also, some dude with a very unfortunate name at #7, Simisola ****tu. Can't imagine how many times student sections are going to be making fun of that name next year when he's in college.

Almost as good as Bol Bol.

Interesting that they list him as a SF. Just a mistake or is that where he would be projected to play? I don't see it.

I definitely remember them ranking Rodney top 3 (I recall #3), but I'm not sure it was for that year's draft. He came out flying in the first few preseason and regular season games and was shooting the ball really well. They called him Lightning Rod. His ranking fell pretty quickly as he came back down to earth. That website is all over the place with predictions, which is to be expected when they rank players before seasons and after only a few games sometimes. I remember they had Hasaan Whiteside as a top 3 pick at some point while he was in college and I thought that was crazy because he wasn't dominating the college game and wasn't high at all on other draft boards. I guess they were right about his potential.

Top Bottom