Do we know whats wrong with Dupree's leg?

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
I've seen some mention of an infection. Is this accurate? That is still pretty vague and wide ranging. If it were ringworm I suspect he would have played. MRSA? Staph? Anyone seen anything?

Same as you....news it is an infection. Talking to a nurse, it's kinda like Pitino said, could be ready to go tomorrow, could be much longer. No way to predict. I haven't heard the specific kind of infection either.

Infection is just so vague. Its like the NHL saying "lower body injury".

Sources saying he will likely play 12/3 and if not then definitely by the 12/9 game.

I've seen some mention of an infection. Is this accurate? That is still pretty vague and wide ranging. If it were ringworm I suspect he would have played. MRSA? Staph? Anyone seen anything?

I heard MRSA. And if so, the guy is gonna need abx treatment heavily. Hoping it goes down quickly. Too bad it had to happen this week.

Isn’t MRSA very very difficult to eradicate from a locker room? (Assuming that is where he got it)

I haven’t heard MRSA. I have heard Staph

I heard he was jacked by a couple of polar bears and got stabbed in the leg.

Wrestlers get it sometimes. It's not that big of a deal if it's taken care of. Douse the room with disinfectant and keep after it. I'm pretty sure the locker room smells like a wrestling mat right now.

You guys are entertainingly funny! I sure hope Dupree gets better soon and that is able to play next week.

So someone hearing it is staph and someone hearing it is MRSA would be a major difference with return timeline ramifications based on which it is.
If it is staph, he could be out a few days. If it is MRSA he could be out much longer.

So someone hearing it is staph and someone hearing it is MRSA would be a major difference with return timeline ramifications based on which it is.
If it is staph, he could be out a few days. If it is MRSA he could be out much longer.

I thought you got it, but apparently not. Again, MRSA is staph. Do you mean to say "non-MRSA staph" when you say "staph"?

So after 27 posts, no, we do not know what is actually wrong with Dupre's leg. Nor, since it's a medical issue, should we expect to know. All we have is rumor and speculation, which is why many of us hang out in GH.

So after 27 posts, no, we do not know what is actually wrong with Dupre's leg. Nor, since it's a medical issue, should we expect to know. All we have is rumor and speculation, which is why many of us hang out in GH.

Pitino said in the post game it’s an infection. What else do you want?

I thought you got it, but apparently not. Again, MRSA is staph. Do you mean to say "non-MRSA staph" when you say "staph"?

All MRSA is staph
Not all staph is MRSA

So I would think saying staff would imply that it is staph but not necessarily MRSA

I have heard from a source that I have fairly good confidence in that it is staph. They never said MRSA. I would think if it was MRSA they’d have said MRSA.

Though I would also think they might not know if it is drug resistant yet at this early stage.

Top Bottom