Pioneer Press: Gophers’ Athletes Village on pace for January opening

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

The video boards were lit outside the main entrance of the University of Minnesota’s Athletes Village on Wednesday. It was the latest sign the Gophers’ abundance of amenities inside the adjacent glass doors grows closer to completion.

Inside the existing Bierman Field Athletic Building, Gophers athletics director Mark Coyle said Wednesday the new space remains on schedule for an early 2018 opening, with fundraising for the project up to 63 percent of the cost ($105 of $166 million) after a few big donations the past few months.

“I continue to be told that it’s on time and on budget, so we will be able to get in there in January,” Coyle said. “It’s going to be quick from that standpoint.”

The 336,000-square-foot area will include academic, leadership and nutrition areas for all athletes, plus practice facilities for the football team and men’s and women’s basketball teams. In April, Athletes Village fundraising stood at about $85 million.

“We had a very strong summer, with some private gifts that came in, especially the 3M gift was huge, and the TCF extension was awesome for us,” Coyle said.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/30/gophers-athletes-village-on-pace-for-january-opening/

Go Gophers!!

I believe one of the super bowl teams is using the football facility so having it done by that seems like a good plan

I also gave $100 towards this, glad Coyle recognized that as a big gift.

I believe one of the super bowl teams is using the football facility so having it done by that seems like a good plan

I also gave $100 towards this, glad Coyle recognized that as a big gift.

I gave $500. I think that entitles me to stop by and sit in a whirlpool whenever I'm in town.

Top Bottom