Daniel House: P.J. Fleck enters phase two of his Gopher Football vision

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per House:

Adding mass and size on the edge

On defense, the Gophers clearly need to add more length and size on the edge. There were games where Minnesota shied away from sending edge rushers because they needed mass to help contain the running game. Freshman Nate Umlor was thrust into extended playing time because of depth issues up front. Redshirt freshman Esezi Otomewo is a name to monitor closely in the spring sessions. “Big O,” as he’s called by the coaching staff, has added nearly 25 pounds since joining the program. He currently measures in at 6-foot-6, 240 pounds and has enough athleticism to make a major impact in the 4-3 defense.

In addition, highly touted Ohio defensive end Alex Reigelsperger brings a physical persona to a position yearning for depth. The coaches also could use the versatility of incoming freshman defensive lineman Mayan Ahanotu. Thy can play him at defensive end or inside at three-technique. Ahanotu, the son of Chidi Ahanotu, a 12-year NFL veteran, brings a finesse style player with position flexibility to the Gophers’ roster. It wouldn’t be surprising to see Minnesota run a more traditional 4-3 scheme, rather than a hybrid 3-4 look. They will have an injection of capable players to make the system more effective.

One year has concluded for P.J. Fleck, but he can’t truly be evaluated until after year three. Fleck must have a chance to execute his three-part depth injection plan. The foundation must be laid and it will take patience to see results.

https://www.1500espn.com/gophers-2/2017/11/p-j-fleck-enters-phase-two-gopher-football-vision/

Go Gophers!!

per House:

On defense, the Gophers clearly need to add more length and size on the edge. There were games where Minnesota shied away from sending edge rushers because they needed mass to help contain the running game. Freshman Nate Umlor was thrust into extended playing time because of depth issues up front. Redshirt freshman Esezi Otomewo is a name to monitor closely in the spring sessions. “Big O,” as he’s called by the coaching staff, has added nearly 25 pounds since joining the program. He currently measures in at 6-foot-6, 240 pounds and has enough athleticism to make a major impact in the 4-3 defense.

In addition, highly touted Ohio defensive end Alex Reigelsperger brings a physical persona to a position yearning for depth. The coaches also could use the versatility of incoming freshman defensive lineman Mayan Ahanotu. Thy can play him at defensive end or inside at three-technique. Ahanotu, the son of Chidi Ahanotu, a 12-year NFL veteran, brings a finesse style player with position flexibility to the Gophers’ roster. It wouldn’t be surprising to see Minnesota run a more traditional 4-3 scheme, rather than a hybrid 3-4 look. They will have an injection of capable players to make the system more effective.

One year has concluded for P.J. Fleck, but he can’t truly be evaluated until after year three. Fleck must have a chance to execute his three-part depth injection plan. The foundation must be laid and it will take patience to see results.

https://www.1500espn.com/gophers-2/2017/11/p-j-fleck-enters-phase-two-gopher-football-vision/

Go Gophers!!

Fleck and staff should expect, at minimum, to be evaluated every year.

He has the vision, the focus, and he is indefatigably executing his plan.

It is refreshing to be even talking excitedly about a recruiting class.

I'm pretty sure you're more obsessed with me than I am with PJ. Quite odd

That's not possible.

Jodi Foster was just some chick to John Hinckley in comparison to how you feel about PJ.

You're obsessed with Mr. Fake Lawyer Bob, get a hobby.

What does this even mean?

I'm obsessed with Mr. Fake Lawyer Bob? Are you saying I'm obsessed with myself? Stick to stalking college football coaches, it's funnier than your comebacks. Your life is the joke, don't try to sweeten the pot.

What does this even mean?

I'm obsessed with Mr. Fake Lawyer Bob? Are you saying I'm obsessed with myself? Stick to stalking college football coaches, it's funnier than your comebacks. Your life is the joke, don't try to sweeten the pot.

Yeah, I'm sure you know a bunch about my life. Nothing can possibly be worse than pretending to be a lawyer on a Gopher message board.

Yeah, I'm sure you know a bunch about my life. Nothing can possibly be worse than pretending to be a lawyer on a Gopher message board.

. . . except being obsessed with a college football coach. Oh it's also pathetic to be so shocked that someone could be a lawyer that you are in disbelief. You are treating "i'm a lawyer" as the same as saying "i'm an astronaut". You can throw a rock in Minneapolis and hit a lawyer.

That said, I'll put this wager out there again. This is like the third time with you.

Wanna bet $10,000?

If I can prove I'm a lawyer (I'll take a picture with my law license with a note that says "Go Gophers" or "JB loves PJ" or whatever you want). If I can't do it, I'll give you $10,000.

If I can do it, you have to donate $1,000 to the Masonic Cancer Center.

Let me know. . .

. . . except being obsessed with a college football coach. Oh it's also pathetic to be so shocked that someone could be a lawyer that you are in disbelief. You are treating "i'm a lawyer" as the same as saying "i'm an astronaut". You can throw a rock in Minneapolis and hit a lawyer.

That said, I'll put this wager out there again. This is like the third time with you.

Wanna bet $10,000?

If I can prove I'm a lawyer (I'll take a picture with my law license with a note that says "Go Gophers" or "JB loves PJ" or whatever you want). If I can't do it, I'll give you $10,000.

If I can do it, you have to donate $1,000 to the Masonic Cancer Center.

Let me know. . .

Prove it, the rest of GH and I will be waiting. Also you want to provide some proof that my life is a joke and that I'm stalking PJ? Really odd claims, unless you're stalking me.

Meeow! Do you two need couples counseling?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Prove it, the rest of GH and I will be waiting. Also you want to provide some proof that my life is a joke and that I worship PJ? Really odd claims, unless you're stalking me.

FIFY

Prove it, the rest of GH and I will be waiting. Also you want to provide some proof that my life is a joke and that I'm stalking PJ? Really odd claims, unless you're stalking me.

So you'll take the bet? That's a yes? You'll donate a $1,000 to Masonic Cancer Center when I post it?

Oh, you also are really bad at arguing. Essentially you said to me "I'd only know you were a loser if I was stalking you". Ha. You're right, your stalker would definitely think you're a loser.

As far as how I know. . .I can only tell by the "everything about you". You're shocked someone could have an advanced degree. You have a downright dangerous obsession with PJ. You can't follow simple logic. You're bitter and weird. You're feelings got hurt because someone called you a loser on the internet. Need I go on? I would assume life isn't great on your end.

Does that mean you accept the bet he wagered?

So you'll take the bet? That's a yes? You'll donate a $1,000 to Masonic Cancer Center when I post it?

Oh, you also are really bad at arguing. Essentially you said to me "I'd only know you were a loser if I was stalking you". Ha. You're right, your stalker would definitely think you're a loser.

As far as how I know. . .I can only tell by the "everything about you". You're shocked someone could have an advanced degree. You have a downright dangerous obsession with PJ. You can't follow simple logic. You're bitter and weird. You're feelings got hurt because someone called you a loser on the internet. Need I go on? I would assume life isn't great on your end.

Yes, I'll donate $1000.

You know nothing about me and you never will.

per House:

Go Gophers!!
But somewhat disappointing is that the number 1 recruit in Iowa(according to the DMR) is a defensive end from DM. 6'5 265 with offers from everyone. He list Minnesota as one of the top 5, but then goes on to say that only Iowa has stopped through to visit him at school. I am wondering where is PJ?

Yet another thread gone to the dumps...pathetic

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

But somewhat disappointing is that the number 1 recruit in Iowa(according to the DMR) is a defensive end from DM. 6'5 265 with offers from everyone. He list Minnesota as one of the top 5, but then goes on to say that only Iowa has stopped through to visit him at school. I am wondering where is PJ?

According to 247 he is now the 5th rated player in the state and 89% Iowa prediction and 11% Iowa State. Looks like we already have three DE's in this class.

Damn...now I am confused. Year 1 or Year Zero...ok I get that...total BS but whatever. But now we also have to deal with Phases? Year 1 Phase 2 coming up?

Lawyers are a dime a dozen these days. Some are lazy, some are rich making zillions over ridiculous lawsuits. Bob could be a lawyer...many of them out there but doesn't prove you're an honest person, lazy, dysfunctional, good, greedy etc. Who cares if he is a lawyer or not. What I care is, is he loyal to the program or is he always attacking the program? Having said that...we are way off track. Lets go Gophers, year 1 is going to be much more fun to be around!

This thread confuses me.

Although I am intrigued as to who won the bet? More so than the article on PJ as I'm not obsessed with him like others...

JohnnyBoy going off the rails regarding PJ again, I see. It had been about 5 minutes, so I thought about calling the fire department for a welfare check at JBs apartment. Glad he's alive.

Honestly, they guy said he should be evaluated every year, and JB acts like he murdered his mother.

Lawyers are a dime a dozen these days. Some are lazy, some are rich making zillions over ridiculous lawsuits. Bob could be a lawyer...many of them out there but doesn't prove you're an honest person, lazy, dysfunctional, good, greedy etc. Who cares if he is a lawyer or not. What I care is, is he loyal to the program or is he always attacking the program? Having said that...we are way off track. Lets go Gophers, year 1 is going to be much more fun to be around!

Saying PJ should be evaluated every year is attacking the program? Good grief.

Do you need a safe space?

Fleck and staff should expect, at minimum, to be evaluated every year.

To be fair, Daniel said Fleck could not be "truly" evaluated until after three years, and that patience will be required before seeing enough to draw strong conclusions.

It is pretty obvious he likes a heavier defensive end that is more traditional midwestern DE in a sense vs the Claeys defense which was built around lighter quicker outside guys who worked more on speed.

I did not watch much of the defensive backs this year, but am curious if they are trying to do more zone coverage than man to man principals. I was frankly suprised that we didn't have any corner backs that could contribute as freshman this year, but we are definately recruiting to a specific type of player, which is good.

Top Bottom