Jim Carter encourages Regents to vote no on extension; says U ruined Claeys' life

BleedGopher

Reaction score
On his latest Scoops Podcast, Doogie interviewed former Gopher captain Jim Carter, who blasted the U's decision to give Fleck an extension. He said he sent a letter to each Board of Regent recommending they vote no on the extension. He also said that Gopher players gave up during the last two games, and he said that the U "ruined Tracy Claeys' live."

http://www.1500espn.com/tag/the-scoop/

Go Gophers!!

He didn't listen during drivers training when the instructor said to look to the horizon and not just in front of the bumper. This guy is unbelievable. Claeys is 100% responsible for his own actions as head coach and I'm sure he realizes it.

Why does Doogie keep interviewing this guy? Jim Carter is still living in the 70's and 80's and has no concept of today's world of college athletics. Doogie must be desperate for ratings that he keeps having the controversial Jim Carter on his podcast.

If that ruined Tracy Claeys' life than that is just further proof that he is not head coaching material at the Big Ten level. Tracy himself is the one who signed a 3-year deal under an interim AD with a very low buyout figure knowing very well he might not be retained beyond one year. If Claeys is such a great coach, then he will have his fair share of opportunities.

Did Jim Carter say anything that the current 2018 recruiting class is the highest ranked class at the U in a decade? Did Jim Carter say anything about the Row the Boat Turkey Drive that the team started last week as a new tradition? Is Jim Carter ever at the Children's Hospital when the team is frequently visiting there?

Can we start an "All Things Jim Carter" thread so we can contain his non-sense?

Claeys is not our coach anymore, and no matter how anyone feels about his coaching tenure or firing it is time to let it go. Jim Carter needs to do the same.

Claeys will be fine. I don't think he was treated well by Coyle but he has made several million dollars over the last three years. I wish my life was ruined in the same way. I suspect he will show as a DC somewhere next year making 500 000 or so. I hope he has success.

There are certain people in life where you learn that their opinion should be dismissed without even hearing the argument. Jim Carter is one of these people.

Why does Doogie keep interviewing this guy? Jim Carter is still living in the 70's and 80's and has no concept of today's world of college athletics. Doogie must be desperate for ratings that he keeps having the controversial Jim Carter on his podcast.

If that ruined Tracy Claeys' life than that is just further proof that he is not head coaching material at the Big Ten level. Tracy himself is the one who signed a 3-year deal under an interim AD with a very low buyout figure knowing very well he might not be retained beyond one year. If Claeys is such a great coach, then he will have his fair share of opportunities.

Did Jim Carter say anything that the current 2018 recruiting class is the highest ranked class at the U in a decade? Did Jim Carter say anything about the Row the Boat Turkey Drive that the team started last week as a new tradition? Is Jim Carter ever at the Children's Hospital when the team is frequently visiting there?

The team frequently visited the Children's Hospital under both Kill and Claeys. They also did many other community service projects.

Claeys will be fine. I don't think he was treated well by Coyle but he has made several million dollars over the last three years. I wish my life was ruined in the same way. I suspect he will show as a DC somewhere next year making 500 000 or so. I hope he has success.

I agree with this 100%. And I do believe he will be DC somewhere. Actually, would not be surprised if he and Kill get back together as OC/DC. Or maybe OC/HC. Don't think Kill's health can handle ever being a HC again ... was frankly shocked that he decided to go the OC route. Every time he thinks he has his health back under control, he puts too much back on his plate, and inevitably has a seizure. This is not to make fun of the poor guy, genuinely feel bad for him ...

The team frequently visited the Children's Hospital under both Kill and Claeys. They also did many other community service projects.

And they did under Brewster as well. Salute to coach Tim Davis! I know of a situation where he volunteered to send out players out with a signed ball to visit a child at Children's hospital. Saw said players at a fall camp practice and without being prompted asked how the child was doing.

Going off topic here. This is one of the reasons it bothers me when players get ripped on. I get that on field performance is fair game, but there are so many examples of players doing great things in the community. Talking about this young men as though they are garbage is IMHO not fair game.

They've had "culture". Fleck is just enhancing it.

Jim Carter, in his current state, is not good for the University of Minnesota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if Fleck will ever try to extend an olive branch to Jim Carter as he did with Tyrone Carter. Bring another alum (and a vocal one at that) back into the fold.

Jim Carter isn’t happy except when he is expressing unhappiness.

I heard the BoR were going to vote to fire Kaler and Coyle and save Claeys job last December. Is that still in the works? Asking for a friend

I mean totally off his rocker, how could anyone be upset with how this administration handles football or that last scandal? What’s wrong with how the U totally made Claeys the scapegoat and fired him for justifiably standing up for his wrongfully accused players?

I mean totally off his rocker, how could anyone be upset with how this administration handles football or that last scandal? What’s wrong with how the U totally made Claeys the scapegoat and fired him for justifiably standing up for his wrongfully accused players?

We're not saying we don't understand why he still mad, we're just refuting his claim the the U ruined Claeys's life, because they didn't.

Can we start an "All Things Jim Carter" thread so we can contain his non-sense?

This is a great idea. Also, start an "All things DII and DIII teams" thread. Most people don't give a siht about what St. Thomas, or Duluth, or North Dakota is doing.

I listened to the interview. If anyone thinks he doesn't have an agenda and an axe to grind, after listening to that interview, they need to get their ears checked. It was almost comical listening to Doogie try to make his guest's nonsense seem like it wasn't such a buffet of absurdity. Desperately grasping for things to agree on. I knew he was a crackpot when he said Seth Green was the best QB on the roster, we would win 7 or more games with Green but wasn't played because he is "Clayes guy". No way Fleck would eat 2 losses and no bowl game, just to spite his predecessor. I suspect when things improve, we'll hear less from him.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I agree with this 100%. And I do believe he will be DC somewhere. Actually, would not be surprised if he and Kill get back together as OC/DC. Or maybe OC/HC. Don't think Kill's health can handle ever being a HC again ... was frankly shocked that he decided to go the OC route. Every time he thinks he has his health back under control, he puts too much back on his plate, and inevitably has a seizure. This is not to make fun of the poor guy, genuinely feel bad for him ...

I will bet surprised if Kill is still OC next year. Their last game, his offense had a grand total of 31 snaps. Even Limey was better than that. I think TC is pretty content managing his bar/grill in Kansas.

I listened to the interview. If anyone thinks he doesn't have an agenda and an axe to grind, after listening to that interview, they need to get their ears checked. It was almost comical listening to Doogie try to make his guest's nonsense seem like it wasn't such a buffet of absurdity. Desperately grasping for things to agree on. I knew he was a crackpot when he said Seth Green was the best QB on the roster, we would win 7 or more games with Green but wasn't played because he is "Clayes guy". No way Fleck would eat 2 losses and no bowl game, just to spite his predecessor. I suspect when things improve, we'll hear less from him.

How would Green be Claeys' guy and Croft and Rhoda weren't? Because GopherHole assumed Green would start based off next to no information? If that were true Tanner Morgan would have gotten the start Day 1. Or he would have gotten a JUCO transfer.

From what little I've seen and everything I've read I cannot believe Green is the best QB on this roster. I also don't believe for a second that unless there's some other reason (attitude, attendance, etc.) that Fleck wouldn't put the players he thought had the best chance to win out there every game.

You can argue he might have been wrong against NW and WI. I still question whether Green would have been a better choice if Croft was limited in mobility and they weren't going to pass much anyway. But I don't believe for a second he sat there and said "you know, Green could win us this game against Wisconsin, but instead I'm going to play Croft who will surely lose just because Green was going to be Claeys' starter according to GopherHole." He understood how big that game was. First win against WI in 14 years? The fans would have started a Kickstarter to put up a statue of him.

I love Jim Carter's passion for the U of M, but how he directs it is beyond counter-productive.

This is a great idea. Also, start an "All things DII and DIII teams" thread. Most people don't give a siht about what St. Thomas, or Duluth, or North Dakota is doing.

Agreed.

As I've said before, Jim Carter is the looniest of all looney birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As do/did the Bball, Hockey, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, etc...teams. Somehow it's different because Fleck is too.

:drink:

Well Maybe not to spite Claeys, but to appease boss Coyle?

Top Bottom