Bench Points = 0

Frank Grimey Grimes

Reaction score
Enough said, not gonna cut it. Refs did not help and Miami is a very good team. McBrayer was missed greatly. Regroup and stomp Rutgers.

Barn was a lot of fun, this is gonna be a fun and memorable season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wow. I didn’t even notice that. Our bench only attempted one shot and it was the beyond NBA range quick 3 from Harris.

With Mc Brayer we have 6. IW will just keep getting better, I think. Hurt is improved but he's just not going score versus good teams. Fitzgerald probably isn't able to defend? ...and scoring has not been there yet either. Konate we know. Maybe Harris could get comfortable and contribute....I'd say he's the best chance for a 7th scorer the way it looks. The bench with a starter down is incredibly shaky.
Curry is huge....no doubt we win with him or McBrayer available imo, and Miami has very skilled players and Larranaga is an awesome coach.
I'm encouraged, we didn't play all that well at all, yet we were pretty close. Gotta have our top 6 healthy to beat most decent teams or any rate winning will be a struggle.
Lynch can't finish...he takes forever from catching to finishing. If he was a second baseman we'd never turn a double play. lol

Really missed McBrayer tonight. What a flukey way to lose a starter.

Is the box score broken or did Hurt run around for 15 minutes and not record a single stat? I get that they don't pass him the ball much but that is hard to do.

Is the box score broken or did Hurt run around for 15 minutes and not record a single stat? I get that they don't pass him the ball much but that is hard to do.

Actually, a decent line for him. Fouls and turnovers would be negative. He may occasionally get a rebound or make a basket but the upside is pretty limited. His man didn't score at will and he wasn't hopelessly lost on either end.
If he can flat line or remain anonymous while he's out there, it's a bonus. He will contribute an assist here or there....I'd say that's his strength.

We obviously need more than that out of our bench but teams that are getting solid production out of their bench are Final Four contenders. In most cases across the country bench guys are just there to offer a breather and maybe hit a shot or two. For example, go look at Wisconsin's bench production last year. It was either Trice or nothing at all and they made an Elite 8. It takes time to build depth especially for an up and coming program which we still are regardless of where we are ranked. We had the great year last year but neither Isaiah or Jamir were a result of that. We were in a situation where we still needed to take on lotto tickets/projects so anything you get in the early days from them is a bonus. Hopefully we can start stacking good season after good season and in that continue to attract guys with higher floors like Oturu, Omersa (to a lesser extent but high ceiling) and Gabe.

Florida has the blueprint for the P5 programs that aren't traditional blue bloods. Upperclassmen starters with competent underclassmen contributors off the bench.

Lynch can't finish...he takes forever from catching to finishing. If he was a second baseman we'd never turn a double play. lol

I disagree. He was a closer last night. You didn't like the play where he got the ball 12 feet out on the side, turned to the basket, took two dribbles and dunked?

Actually, a decent line for him. Fouls and turnovers would be negative. He may occasionally get a rebound or make a basket but the upside is pretty limited. His man didn't score at will and he wasn't hopelessly lost on either end.
If he can flat line or remain anonymous while he's out there, it's a bonus. He will contribute an assist here or there....I'd say that's his strength.

Disagree with hurt being anonymous last night. He was a noticeably bad defender last night,basically a turnstile on defense any time he tried to close out on any of their perimeter players. I think he will be a positive contributor in certain matchups, Miami was not one of those.

I disagree. He was a closer last night. You didn't like the play where he got the ball 12 feet out on the side, turned to the basket, took two dribbles and dunked?

Sure that was awesome! I'm talking when he receives a pass near the basket that should also be a dunk and it takes too long for him to gather and the opponent recovers and either strips or rejects him. Happened twice...pretty much happens twice a game.
Yes, he makes positive plays....typically not enough of them.

Disagree with hurt being anonymous last night. He was a noticeably bad defender last night,basically a turnstile on defense any time he tried to close out on any of their perimeter players. I think he will be a positive contributor in certain matchups, Miami was not one of those.

He was worse last year is all I'm saying.

Top Bottom