Pioneer Press: Destiny Pitts

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/2...all-destiny-pitts-could-be-rachel-banham-2-0/

“She came into college ready,” said coach Marlene Stollings, who added that Pitts has exceed her expectations so far. “It’s a big jump for any player coming out of high school, and what I observed with her is during the summer she absorbed every ounce of information that was coming at her, whether it was strength and conditioning, or diet and nutrition, or things on the court. She was like a sponge, and we’re really seeing the results of that right now.”

Pitts came to campus with a scoring pedigree. Asked whether she’s always been an elite scorer, she responded, “Well, I guess, in the most humble way, I’d have to say yes.”

She's definitely been a good recruit. As she gets more acclimated to college ball, I hope she'll put the ball on the floor and go to the hoop more often. Seems like she's currently fallen in love with the 3-point shot. If she can go to the hoop when the 3's aren't falling, that will help her be more consistent. I like that she has a nose for the ball and that she is not playing like a first year player. it appears that she will have a good chance to make the BIG Freshman of the Year team.

Top Bottom