***OFFICIAL MIAMI AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Are you serious? You're going to go back and pinpoint the time someone said this or that to judge whether the statement had a high enough probability at the moment of being correct. Certainly you can find something better to do with your time.

It took less time than it did for you to respond to my post.

He does this all the time. Did it during the Providence game too. Then disappeared when we kicked their ass in the 2nd half. His original statement was wrong, now he's patting himself on the back for thinking he was right.

Maybe you need to find something better to do with your time.

We got beat by a team with 3 for sure NBA players and 6 Top 100 recruits when we had to play a true freshman in place of one of our more solid vets.

Yeah, I'm disappointed, but Miami may win the ACC. This is by no means a bad loss. Character building, hopefully. Also, let's hope Dupree is not out long.

One more comment for the night:

IW has a LONG way to go before he becomes a good guard at this level.

We got beat by a team with 3 for sure NBA players and 6 Top 100 recruits when we had to play a true freshman in place of one of our more solid vets.

Yeah, I'm disappointed, but Miami may win the ACC. This is by no means a bad loss. Character building, hopefully. Also, let's hope Dupree is not out long.

Im with you.

Sometimes the close games are tougher pills to swallow than the blow outs. Gophers are good enough to beat this Miami team. But they werent tonight.

Based on some of the posts in this thread, you'd swear we lost to NJIT, not #10 Miami.

It was a 5 point loss to the #10 ranked team in the country. Miami got most of the breaks. If we played this team 10 times we would win 7 of them. It's November. Move on people. I hope we meet them in the dance.

It took less time than it did for you to respond to my post.

He does this all the time. Did it during the Providence game too. Then disappeared when we kicked their ass in the 2nd half. His original statement was wrong, now he's patting himself on the back for thinking he was right.

Thinking he was right???.....They lost right???....Maybe u were watching a different game

Agree what you say but it’s possible Washington grew up a bit in this game. Early on he experienced his limitations and at the end he found a way to score knowing he has limitations.
I applaud the kid's fearlessness. He'll continue to get better and for him to get these minutes tonight were huge.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just don't understand why we didn't try and make some changes on defense. We never deviated and as a result they were very comfortable. You hafta switch things up once in a while and see how a team reacts. Geez! It was an ugly night with the officiating, poor decisions by IW, bad bounces (or lucky bounces for Miami) and tired defense. It was tough to watch.
This isn't football where defense wins games. You just have to outscore the other team.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So is the goal to take out all of our frustration on a true freshman in his first start? Got it.

Yes, I know he played poorly and selfishly. But, Jesus.

Bottom line - turnovers & outside shooting will be the plagues for the squad this year. Say what we want about gelling and growing, but you can see this in the blueprint/essence of the roster. I don't think these two weaknesses are that glaring, but they are likely what will keep them from being final four great (still a chance they can surprise in one-off tournament games so not discounting final four totally).

Teams like Miami have a handful of guys that can do a lot, Minnesota only has one or two of those guys.

No, our offense is not the issue and this is the first night turnovers were a big issue.

The glaring weakness of this team continues to be their defensive efficiency. It’s been an issue throughout the season. Tonight we were unable to prevent guards from getting into the paint at will to distribute and we were pick and roll’d to death.

The lack of defensive adjustments against those weaknesses was frustrating tonight. There seemed to be no adjustments to the high pick and roll all night. Why not throw in a zone look??

Well, maybe I don't at the moment, but what I can't figure out is why it means so much to so many of you to pick and pick and pick and pick at other posters. These people should mean little or nothing to you.

I felt like it was just Miami's night. They were making ridiculous fall away jumpers. Banked in a 3 that was so far off. Not saying we don't have a lot to work on but sometimes you just have to tip you cap to your opponent. They're the real deal.

You people and your moral victories... We played at home and lost. Outcoached. Less athletic. No moral victories here.

Washington had a rough game and the short bench got exposed with Dupree out. That said we were still right there with a very good team that was hitting everything down the stretch. Disappointing loss but not one that is going to hurt the team because it was to a quality team and hopefully Washington will learn some things from how the game went for him tonight. He has the talent to be a heck of a player but he is not ready yet and that is not shocking for a first year guy.

With a healthy Dupree I think we win this game. Need to regroup and get ready for some Big Ten games against a couple very beatable teams.

Coffey is very weak finishing at the rim. He has good skill and touch as you saw tonight, but if he wants to be NBA talent, he'll need to get stronger. Very stark contrast with how Miami's boys finished hard amongst our trees.

You people and your moral victories... We played at home and lost. Outcoached. Less athletic. No moral victories here.

We weren't going to go undefeated. This loss just came a little sooner that we wanted. I was impressed with Miami. We certainly lost to far worse teams last year.

Thinking he was right???.....They lost right???....Maybe u were watching a different game

Saying the game is over at that point usually means you think they have no chance of winning. Since we got it close after that, I think you're wrong. We still had a chance to win.

It’s one loss and people losing their minds over it. It’s one game the season isn’t lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt...let's just fold up the season....sure we were down a starter against a really good team....but no coming back from this one the team sucks the coach should be fired and all the starters need to be replaced with better athletes....did I miss anything?

I felt like it was just Miami's night. They were making ridiculous fall away jumpers. Banked in a 3 that was so far off. Not saying we don't have a lot to work on but sometimes you just have to tip you cap to your opponent. They're the real deal.

I would be interested to see their FG percentage in the 2nd half. Too lazy to look, but it had to be 60-70%?

I hope everyone watched the Jimmy V speech right after the game. Helps keep things in perspective.

Well, maybe I don't at the moment, but what I can't figure out is why it means so much to so many of you to pick and pick and pick and pick at other posters. These people should mean little or nothing to you.

I feel like the team did a good job of responding by getting it back down to a one possession game.

No doubt...let's just fold up the season....sure we were down a starter against a really good team....but no coming back from this one the team sucks the coach should be fired and all the starters need to be replaced with better athletes....did I miss anything?

Burn it down.

I saw about 10 balls go halfway down the basket and roll out. That's all coaching though right? I saw everything go in for Miami. Yet I saw a 5 point loss without our starting SG.

Moral victory? No. A loss to a really good team? Yes. I still see a team that won't lose much this season.

Are you serious? You're going to go back and pinpoint the time someone said this or that to judge whether the statement had a high enough probability at the moment of being correct. Certainly you can find something better to do with your time.

He was just calling out the troll.

We weren't going to go undefeated. This loss just came a little sooner that we wanted. I was impressed with Miami. We certainly lost to far worse teams last year.

I know that, but the disappointment is that Pitino has learned nothing from the Bama game about Washington. This will happen again.

What moral victories? Miami showed why they are rated top 10 and beat us. Season isn't over...we have some really good players and some players who need more experience at D1 level basketball. Hopefully Dupree will be back soon(infection in his leg) and move on to B1G.

Top Bottom