***OFFICIAL MIAMI AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

We just couldn’t get stops when we needed to tonight. We shot 45% from the field, made 14 more free throws than then and out rebounded them by 10.

They shot over 50% from the field and 40% from three. It’s a trend throughout the year. We won’t be able to outscore everyone.

I know that, but the disappointment is that Pitino has learned nothing from the Bama game about Washington. This will happen again.

He probably left him in too long at the beginning of the 2nd half. But we don't have enough depth for him not to play, especially when Dupree is out.

You people and your moral victories... We played at home and lost. Outcoached. Less athletic. No moral victories here.

Less athletic? Wow. You some kind of genius?

They have multiple McDonald All-Americans. We have none.

What a tool you are

I know that, but the disappointment is that Pitino has learned nothing from the Bama game about Washington. This will happen again.

What was he supposed to do? With Dupree out we needed Washington to play, he played like a true freshman but he will learn from this game and be better for it down the line.

I saw about 10 balls go halfway down the basket and roll out. That's all coaching though right? I saw everything go in for Miami. Yet I saw a 5 point loss without our starting SG.

Moral victory? No. A loss to a really good team? Yes. I still see a team that won't lose much this season.

You know what's coaching? It's taking out Washington on his 3rd missed shot... or maybe 4th, or 5th, or 6th, or 7th. Or maybe switching up the defense a little so they don't get the drive/dunks? Their shooting was good but the stats look even better when they're dunking every other possession.

I don't think I've ever seen such impatience, and unrealistic expectations for a freshman, than some have here for Washington.

Sure, he was a fairly highly rated recruit, but he was never expected to be some super 1 and done first round freshman.

He probably left him in too long at the beginning of the 2nd half. But we don't have enough depth for him not to play, especially when Dupree is out.

Correct, so let's hope that is a very temporary situation. The funny thing is that IW did look much more focused in crunch time.

I'm not blaming Pitino for Isaiah's poor shot selection. His shot selection would likely be the same even if coach K was his coach IMO. Thats just who he is as a player.

The only thing Pitino could have done regarding IW would have been to not play him which obviously wasn't an option with Mcbrayer out. We wouldn't have been able to afford to sit him much longer than he did.

Washington sat for a large portion of the second half. They made their comeback late in the 2nd half with Washington on the court, where he played much better. He obviously must have learned something.

I don't think I've ever seen such impatience, and unrealistic expectations for a freshman, than some have here for Washington.

Sure, he was a fairly highly rated recruit, but he was never expected to be some super 1 and done first round freshman.

It’s ridiculous. People appointed him a game 1 starter after a few highlight tapes. I’d say he’s behind where I thought he’d be, but I’m not at all surprised he is struggling.

No doubt.

These same people will be singing his praises in a few years.

Dude, what don't you get? Dupree was out. Who was he going to play? You're looking like an idiot to try to make this point. Keep it up, we enjoy knowing who the fake a** fans are

wow. Indiana was up like 6 with a couple minutes to go. I make a couple posts and look up, and Duke is winning by 10 with 40 seconds left.

See, it's comments like this that prove you know nothing. No one has questioned his ceiling. Heck, I still think he could become one of the best to ever play here... but he needs to learn to stop trying to hard to be the hero. In the Bama game, he missed like 5 or 6 shots in row without even trying to pass the ball. Same thing again today that dug us into a hole, again. Their run stopped the moment Pitino took him out.

Dude, what don't you get? Dupree was out. Who was he going to play? You're looking like an idiot to try to make this point. Keep it up, we enjoy knowing who the fake a** fans are

What a tool you are, you act like we had no one left on the bench. Did we play 4v5 after Pitino took out Washington? You look like an idiot because we obviously have others who can fill in. Do you even remember who Pitino put in? Fake fans are the one that settles for moral victories.

Don’t feed the trolls, gang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think many people are claiming Washington is necessarily a bust, just that he made some REALLY bad and reckless decisions. I don’t think it’s crazy to expect a little better from him even this early on.

On a positive note, I like his energy level. He was all over the court.

No, our offense is not the issue and this is the first night turnovers were a big issue.

The glaring weakness of this team continues to be their defensive efficiency. It’s been an issue throughout the season. Tonight we were unable to prevent guards from getting into the paint at will to distribute and we were pick and roll’d to death.

The lack of defensive adjustments against those weaknesses was frustrating tonight. There seemed to be no adjustments to the high pick and roll all night. Why not throw in a zone look??

[emoji106]

See, it's comments like this that prove you know nothing. No one has questioned his ceiling. Heck, I still think he could become one of the best to ever play here... but he needs to learn to stop trying to hard to be the hero. In the Bama game, he missed like 5 or 6 shots in row without even trying to pass the ball. Same thing again today that dug us into a hole, again. Their run stopped the moment Pitino took him out.

And he was in the game and scored 6 of our 8 points to close the gap to 73-71 with 3:46 remaining in the game by making 2 FTs and 2 consecutive shots

And he was in the game when we closed it to 73-71 with 3:46 remaining in the game by making 2 consecutive shots.

Yeah because some genius told him to calm down while he rode the bench I bet?

What a tool you are, you act like we had no one left on the bench. Did we play 4v5 after Pitino took out Washington? You look like an idiot because we obviously have others who can fill in. Do you even remember who Pitino put in? Fake fans are the one that settles for moral victories.

Alright Mr. Genius, who on the bench do you put in place of Washington in that situation?

Alright Mr. Genius, who on the bench do you put in place of Washington in that situation?

Hurt went in for Washington. Heck, he could have even put in Harris. Heck, put in Fitzgerald. You act like we went 4v5 when Pitino finally benched Washington. Wake up.

We can argue about if IW should have been taken out earlier. That is legitimate. However, I think one of Pitinos greatest attributes is his ability to empower his players. This might mean leaving someone in longer than he should and maybe hurting the team in the short term. One thing about his teams is that don't play scared even if they are overmatched talent wise. I can think of a former Gopher coach that had the players scared to even shoot the ball.

Agree what you say but it’s possible Washington grew up a bit in this game. Early on he experienced his limitations and at the end he found a way to score knowing he has limitations.

Yep, he will definitely get better, and this is a step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hurt went in for Washington. Heck, he could have even put in Harris. Heck, put in Fitzgerald. You act like we went 4v5 when Pitino finally benched Washington. Wake up.

And you think they would've done better in that situation?

ROFL

I'm out. See you next loss when you go through the same hissy fit.

Frustrating loss. Had a ton of chances and some unlucky bounces.

That said, The Barn was rocking. Really fun atmosphere and plenty to be happy about. Lots to work on as well.

Miami is good. They hit some big/tough shots (including a freaking bank 3)

Your answer to our guard depth issues is to play more of our slowest second and third power forwards at the 1/2 spot??

You seem unable to make the connection about what happened in both the Alabama game and the Miami game that forced more minutes for Washington.

Top Bottom