***OFFICIAL MIAMI AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Like I said Game over.. .....Good thing this conference is garbage......top 3 finish or bust

You were actually wrong because the Gophers got it within one possession after you said that. So the game wasn't over. Weird at we went on a little run there and you went silent. Then Miami goes on a run and you're posting every 30 seconds.

This is why Minnesota sports can not have nice things... *sighs*

We didn't want the bandwagon getting crowded anyway. Most MN sports fans will now ignore this team completely until February.

Does this mean that we are not an Elite Basketball program? RTB.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You can't take too much away from 1 college game, but if this team is gonna do something special they need to show a lot more interest on the defensive end of the floor.
Pitino has stated that the defense is behind the offense. He isn't lying. The kids will get better. I will be excited to see where we are at come March.

Silver lining. Bad matchup with McBrayer out, Miami couldn't play any better, MN played below average, and yet the game was close. Let's hope it's a learning experience.

Stop it little Richie... stop trying. We lost because you were too weak to take out Washington when he was digging us into a hole... He did it in the Bama game too, and you learned nothing. Bad coaching!

You were actually wrong because the Gophers got it within one possession after you said that. So the game wasn't over. Weird at we went on a little run there and you went silent. Then Miami goes on a run and you're posting every 30 seconds.

Are you serious? You're going to go back and pinpoint the time someone said this or that to judge whether the statement had a high enough probability at the moment of being correct. Certainly you can find something better to do with your time.

Feel like Miami got a lot of bounces tonight. Washington (and Harris) were not ready for this. Hopefully it will make them better come conference play.

I hope IW learned something from this game. Ugh

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Really hurt not having Dupree on both ends of the floor. Would like to see Mason with the ball in his hands even with Washington out there. Oh well, long season, will be alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the comeback staged by 3 Bama players against our 5 wasn't a fluke.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bottom line is they didn't deserve to win in anyway, shape or form.

Lots to learn from this one. At least it happened in November and not March.

Miami is good. Really good. We really missed Dupree for what he brings to the table but also because Washington was forced into a bigger role than he shouldve been in. On top of that I swear Miami hit every single tough shot they took. They hit turn arounds with hands in faces, banked in 3s and kind of played a perfect game. We had some careless TOs and overall played a B- game. This isn't a loss to get too worked up about IMO. We played ok shorthanded against a team that played really well at full strength.

Take-aways:

1. Miami is for real
2. Ptinio got out-coached
3. Murphy is really good, so is Coffey
4. Washington is bad

Our stats would win a lot of games. Tough game without one of your starters. Ski-U-Mah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just don't understand why we didn't try and make some changes on defense. We never deviated and as a result they were very comfortable. You hafta switch things up once in a while and see how a team reacts. Geez! It was an ugly night with the officiating, poor decisions by IW, bad bounces (or lucky bounces for Miami) and tired defense. It was tough to watch.

Take-aways:

1. Miami is for real
4. Washington is bad

:rolleyes: Glad we are writing players off after their first starts in their collegiate career.

Bottom line - turnovers & outside shooting will be the plagues for the squad this year. Say what we want about gelling and growing, but you can see this in the blueprint/essence of the roster. I don't think these two weaknesses are that glaring, but they are likely what will keep them from being final four great (still a chance they can surprise in one-off tournament games so not discounting final four totally).

Teams like Miami have a handful of guys that can do a lot, Minnesota only has one or two of those guys.

Really hurt not having Dupree on both ends of the floor. Would like to see Mason with the ball in his hands even with Washington out there. Oh well, long season, will be alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree what you say but it’s possible Washington grew up a bit in this game. Early on he experienced his limitations and at the end he found a way to score knowing he has limitations.

One of the more disappointing games in awhile. Could've been a game that accelerated the program, but now they need to address the holes and get better.

Take-aways:

1. Miami is for real
4. Washington is bad
5. Pitino is bad because he let Washington dig us into a hole for the 2nd straight game

Fixed it for ya.

Our bench had one of the least productive stat lines I've ever seen for multiple players - 2 rebounds nothing else positive... 1 PF, 1 TO, 0-1 FG.

Hopefully IW is learning. He played better after the second half benching. Would rather lose this game than a B1G game.

Top Bottom