New Gophers quarterback recruit Vic Viramontes: Whatever the defense gives me, I take

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

From Whittier, Calif., on Saturday night, to Dinkytown on Sunday and back to Riverside, Calif., on Monday night, Vic Viramontes had a whirlwind 56 hours.

“Busy day, busy week,’’ he said Tuesday, sounding not tired but excited.

Viramontes, a junior college quarterback from Riverside City College, verbally committed to the Gophers and coach P.J. Fleck on Monday. He has shut down his recruiting, will enroll at Minnesota in January and will compete for the starting quarterback job beginning in spring practice.

“I wanted a school where I could come in and compete for the job, get to show the coaching staff what I could do, and just a fair opportunity,’’ said Viramontes, who is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 1 dual-threat QB at the junior college level in the 2018 recruiting class. “That’s all I want.’’

“I just love playing football,’’ he said. “Whatever the defense gives me, I take.’’

Sunday’s arrival in Minneapolis was Viramontes’ first time in Minnesota. He spent time with Fleck and offensive coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca, and met a handful of players, including running back Rodney Smith and defensive end Carter Coughlin. He liked what he saw, especially from Fleck.

“I love the energy. I love how he’s a young coach,’’ Viramontes said. “How demanding he is, I kind of like that in a coach. … They keep you on your toes and keep you a better man on and off the field.’’

http://m.startribune.com/new-gopher...nse-gives-me-i-take/460653973/?section=sports

Go Gophers!!

"They keep you on your toes and keep you a better man on and off the field.’’

yeeeaaa ok

"They keep you on your toes and keep you a better man on and off the field.’’

yeeeaaa ok

Gives me an idea for the Gophs intro vid for next year...

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YcBgKEEHv_4" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Bottom