I hope this is not true...

Huge bummer if true, but not totally unexpected given his many injuries...the latest being multiple concussions that you do NOT mess around with.

I don't want to turn this thread into a eulogy until the rumor is confirmed, but man Brooks was super talented. I'll never forget some of his runs -- especially his rFR year. He was nasty (we love that around here) and his breakaway speed was something we were missing with Cobb. He'll definitely be missed around here.

Not to be that guy, but source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are these rumors?

Too many injuries. Smart move on his personal behalf, if true. And if true, I thank him and wish him the best!

Why would a guy who has been registered since 2010 make this up? That’s a slow play ...

Still got two great backs in Rod Smith and we got a taste of Jon Femi-Cole, I think he can give us some carries next year.

It’s been mentioned a few times by people who follow the program closely, to be out that many weeks in concussion protocol is never a good sign, so if this turns out to be true it wouldn’t be a complete shocker. Huge bummer for the kid as you can tell he loved football just by the way he played the game.

That is awful if true. But, he'll be able to finish his college degree and be still around the team in some capacity.

Nick Connelly, and then Brooks. Those are pretty big loses.

I would not jump to this conclusion just yet.

The Star Tribune has an article tonight about the attrition in the 2015 class of recruits has taken half of them already. It mentions the expulsions, retirement, transfers etc , and mentions how Brooks missed the final four games. I don't think that we should be assuming that he will retire just yet.

Actually, it was a Pioneer Press article which I read in the Duluth Tribune....

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sp...15-football-recruiting-class-already-cut-half

SB23 is my favorite player. Hoping he will be back.

Something tells me that Klein had something to do with this one too. Either that, or he probably got worn down in the exceptionally brutal barbed wire ladder cage matches during Kill/Claeys practices.

Either way, more proof that Kill/Claeys couldn't recruit.

Yuck. That sucks if he is done because of injury.

With more players retiring due to concussions across the country. I wonder if there is talk of bumping up the annual limit of 25 on signings.

Whether Shannon is back or not he's a Golden Gopher that we will remember.

Health first. Period.

With more players retiring due to concussions across the country. I wonder if there is talk of bumping up the annual limit of 25 on signings.

I'd be open to something like this, so long as it was JUCOs or transfers that were being put on scholarship as the "extras". 25 new high school players each year should be more than enough.

probably also being in concussion protocol for a month. Concussions aren't anything to mess around with. Personally, I would be surprised if Brooks doesn't retire from football.

And KFAN will call him a quitter, just like they did with Connelly

Sometimes a young person's social media account can be a barometer for what they are feeling/thinking. Take for what it is worth, but he re-branded his Instagram account in recent days and scrubbed it of any Gopher football content. Looks like he is working on music with Dior Johnson.

Would definitely be a shame to see his career end due to concussions. That said if that is the case hopefully he is done before any of the brain damage is permanent. We are all familiar with Ben Utecht and the brain issues he is dealing with already based on concussions.

Can you provide more details?

The news came out. They didn’t do any research and didn’t realize it was due to injuries. Repeatedly called him a quitter.

I specifically remember them saying that he shouldn’t call it retiring.

My guess is he is transferring, and not retiring due to injuries. He probably wants the ball 15+ times a game and that is not happening with Rodney Smith being Rodney Smith, and Mohamed Ibrahim (named scout team MVP) needing to get some experience next year. Remember it's all about 2020.

I can't blame him and wish him all the best.

My guess is he is transferring, and not retiring due to injuries. He probably wants the ball 15+ times a game and that is not happening with Rodney Smith being Rodney Smith, and Mohamed Ibrahim (named scout team MVP) needing to get some experience next year. Remember it's all about 2020.

I can't blame him and wish him all the best.

Anything specific make you think that, or just a feeling?

Something tells me that Klein had something to do with this one too. Either that, or he probably got worn down in the exceptionally brutal barbed wire ladder cage matches during Kill/Claeys practices.

Either way, more proof that Kill/Claeys couldn't recruit.

Really?

Top Bottom