Playoffs

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Still a lot up in the air. It will be interesting where Alabama is ranked tonight. There's a chance they get left out of the playoffs, and that would be funny.

Had to look at the schedule just to make sure but Wisconsin's most notable road victory this season is either 5-7 Minnesota or 5-7 Indiana; the only other two road wins were terrible Illinois and BYU teams.

I would be shocked if Ohio State doesn't give them a decent thumping, unless Barrett isn't close to 100%. That could leave the B1G without a rep in the playoffs, hard to say for sure though.

Alabama should be 5. They get in if TCU beats Oklahoma. I think Miami and Georgia pass Alabama with wins. The real test comes in if Ohio State beats Wisconsin. Would a 2 loss OSU make it over Bama?

Alabama should be 5. They get in if TCU beats Oklahoma. I think Miami and Georgia pass Alabama with wins. The real test comes in if Ohio State beats Wisconsin. Would a 2 loss OSU make it over Bama?

I hope you are right. I think they find a way to sneak Alabama in there. I am curious to what they do if Auburn wins finishing 11-2, Miami beats Clemson leaving Clemson 11-2 and Miami 12-1, Ohio State beats Wisconsin, and Oklahoma wins.

Oklahoma and Miami would be for sure locks
Now you have four 2 loss teams in playoff contention (Ohio State, Clemson, Auburn, Georgia... Clemson already beat Auburn and Auburn beat Georgia twice)
Wisconsin would have 1 loss but lost in the conference championship
Alabama would have 1 loss but didn't even play in the conference championship

I think I would go:
Oklahoma #1
Miami #2
Clemson #3
Ohio State #4

I hope you are right. I think they find a way to sneak Alabama in there. I am curious to what they do if Auburn wins finishing 9-2, Miami beats Clemson leaving Clemson 9-2 and Miami 10-1, Ohio State beats Wisconsin, and Oklahoma wins.

Now you have four 9-2 teams in playoff contention (Ohio State, Clemson, Auburn, Georgia... Clemson already beat Auburn and Auburn beat Georgia twice)
Wisconsin would be 10-1 but lost in the conference championship
Alabama would be 10-1 but didn't even play in the conference championship

I think I would go:
Oklahoma #1
Miami #2
Clemson #3
Ohio State #4

Whoever wins the SEC Championship is for sure in even if it is 2 loss Auburn

I don't see Ohio State getting any higher than #7 today. Even if they beat Wisconsin Saturday no matter what happens elsewhere don't think the can get into the top 4.

It might be best for the Big Ten to just take a year off from the playoffs.

When bama gets left out this year it will expand to 8 teams real quick.

If bama gets in it is complete bullsh!t, the system is rigged and needs to be blown up.

I think Ohio State's best chance was if 'Bama went undefeated, I don't think they get in over 1 loss 'Bama.

I hope you are right. I think they find a way to sneak Alabama in there. I am curious to what they do if Auburn wins finishing 9-2, Miami beats Clemson leaving Clemson 9-2 and Miami 10-1, Ohio State beats Wisconsin, and Oklahoma wins.

Now you have four 9-2 teams in playoff contention (Ohio State, Clemson, Auburn, Georgia... Clemson already beat Auburn and Auburn beat Georgia twice)
Wisconsin would be 10-1 but lost in the conference championship
Alabama would be 10-1 but didn't even play in the conference championship

I think I would go:
Oklahoma #1
Miami #2
Clemson #3
Ohio State #4

How many games are there in a regular season again? "Math is hard" - Barbie

College Football Playoff Revenue Distribution Policies

The following estimates of the CFP revenue distribution are based on preliminary calculations for the 2017-18 season and are only approximate projections of potential revenue distribution from each component:

(1) Each conference will receive $300,000 for each of its schools when the school's football team meets the NCAA's APR for participation in a post-season football game. Each independent institution will also receive the $300,000 when its football team meets that standard.

(2) Each of the 10 conferences will also receive a base amount. For conferences that have contracts for their champions to participate in the Orange, Rose or Sugar Bowl, the base combined with the full academic performance pool will be approximately $54 million for each conference. The five conferences that do not have contracts for their champions to participate in the Orange, Rose or Sugar Bowls will receive approximately $81.32 million in aggregate (full academic pool plus base), which the conferences will distribute as they choose. Notre Dame will receive a payment of $2.65 million if it meets the APR standard; the other three independents will share $928,503.

(3) A conference will receive $6 million for each team that is selected for the semifinal games. There will be no additional distribution to conferences whose teams qualify for the national championship game. A conference will receive $4 million for each team that plays in a non-playoff bowl under the arrangement (in 2017-18, the Cotton, Fiesta and Peach Bowls).

(4) Each conference whose team participates in a playoff semifinal, Cotton, Fiesta or Peach Bowl, or in the national championship game will receive $2.25 million to cover expenses for each game.

Additionally, certain conferences in the Football Championship Subdivision conferences will receive $2.53 million in aggregate.

Rankings will look like this tonight:
1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Wisconsin
4. Auburn
5. Alabama
6. Georgia
7. Miami
8. Ohio St

You could maybe flip a couple teams that are next to each other (Georgia/Miami or Auburn/Wisconsin), but that’s what it will look like.

Here's my top 4:

1. Anybody but Wisconsin
2. Anybody but Wisconsin
3. Anybody but Wisconsin
4. Anybody but Wisconsin

You're probably right with this. The only way Alabama doesn't get in is if Wisconsin wins the B1G championship game or an Oklahoma loss against TCU.

I think they get in with Oklahoma losing. The Big 12 would be left out if that happens.

I think Ohio State needs Oklahoma to win. I don't see a valid argument for putting OSU over Oklahoma.

I think OSU needs to win impressively. If they do (along with Oklahoma winning), I can seem them getting the nod over Alabama.

Agree that ACC & SEC winner on Saturday will definitely be in.

I think real chaos will occur if Miami & TCU win. I don't see TCU as being one of the final 4, but it just adds more teams to the debate, with Oklahoma & Clemson.

I don't see how OSU is in this conversation.

Wisconsin in if they win.

Evidently Clemson's loss doesn't matter to the committee.

1. Clemson
2. Auburn
3. Oklahoma
4. Wisconsin
5. Alabama
6. Georgia
7. Miami
8. Ohio State

Lots of potential for movement on championship weekend. Most notably, if Ohio State beats Wisconsin close, there will be some real debate between Bama and OSU.

1. Clemson
2. Auburn
3. Oklahoma
4. Wisconsin
5. Alabama
6. Georgia
7. Miami
8. Ohio State

Lots of potential for movement on championship weekend. Most notably, if Ohio State beats Wisconsin close, there will be some real debate between Bama and OSU.

Every year this goes nuclear I love it. Schools will be complaining.

Top Bottom