Will you be dead before the axe comes back to Minnesota?

Will you be dead before the axe comes back to Minnesota?

• Yes, I will be dead before the axe comes back to Minnesota

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • No, Minnesota will be Wisconsin before I die

Votes: 63 77.8%

• Total voters

Barry will retire, die or lose his mind before I will. So, no.

Them wild Badgers will eventually meet their fate by being run over by Goldie's cart.

It will happen in 2019 guaranteed...

The axe will come back. Wisconsin is our oldest and biggest rival but this is not the best trophy. The pig and the jug come before the axe as they are older and have a more interesting tale to tell.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the Gophers can win at least once in the next 40 years.

No, I have complete trust in P.J> We will win back the axe in 2019!

The one thing that everyone seems to be forgetting is that Donna Shalala was the president of Wisconsin when BA was hired. She gave him a carte blache as to admissions -marginal students were admitted, can you say Ron Dyne,, recruiting budget, pay to assistants, etc.. obviously he was successful and created the buzz saw we now know Becky football. Interestingly, she moved to Miami and did the same thing there. No President has the guts to back off this program. Yes, I am saying some marginal students can go to Wisconsin but not to the U. And yes they must followed the same Big Ten standards as the U but somehow bypass those standards. Talk to anyone in the admissions office and they will tell you names competing for Becky who were denied admission to the U. Happens all the time.

I’m 31. So likely will never see the Gophers win the Axe again.

I love you Rhys.

Since I'm in my mid 60's, no I'll probably be gone. Damn

In Vic we trust.

Vic will win the axe twice out of three years.

(at least I hope).

We're all dead and in Golden Gopher Hell, in which we lose the axe every year for all eternity.

Interesting note regarding this rivalry: It took the Badgers all of these consecutive wins to finally take a one game lead in the series. That's how bad they were from conception to the 2000s. They have no national championships. They're not getting one anytime soon with Hornybrook at the helm (they'll lose going away to Ohio St in the championship game, and not make the playoff). Just let them enjoy their cute little run.

The one thing that everyone seems to be forgetting is that Donna Shalala was the president of Wisconsin when BA was hired. She gave him a carte blache as to admissions -marginal students were admitted, can you say Ron Dyne,, recruiting budget, pay to assistants, etc.. obviously he was successful and created the buzz saw we now know Becky football. Interestingly, she moved to Miami and did the same thing there. No President has the guts to back off this program. Yes, I am saying some marginal students can go to Wisconsin but not to the U. And yes they must followed the same Big Ten standards as the U but somehow bypass those standards. Talk to anyone in the admissions office and they will tell you names competing for Becky who were denied admission to the U. Happens all the time.

It's Wisconsin. The admission standards can't be too tough. They have to let somebody in that place to get educated for a mail room position at one of Minnesota's Fortune 500 companies.

You forgot to mention the unpublished and never spoken about things like girls for recruits and cash.....the truth about that will emerge when BA retires. The early years of BA were as nasty as it gets. Nearly all blew up when BA had the cheerleader rumors swirling. We will not beat them until we match their athletes, it will be a long time but I might be around.

I'm 17 if the Gophers don't win in my lifetime I'll have to endure a lifetime of taunting from my Badger friends. I pray the Gophers win in the next 5 years or heck sometime in my lifetime.

I'm 17 if the Gophers don't win in my lifetime I'll have to endure a lifetime of taunting from my Badger friends. I pray the Gophers win in the next 5 years or heck sometime in my lifetime.

You need to get some new friends.

It's nearly a miracle that they've made it this long. Eventually somebody is going to twist their ankle and we will win a game.
But even if they keep getting lucky Barry Alvarez will eventually retire and Wisconsin will go back to the rough equivalent of Illinois without his leadership.

My hope is that we get good enough to make the jug something worth caring about again.

Wisconsin lost to Iowa 17 times in a row before Barry got there so what goes around comes around.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just return the Stein and we can rid ourselves of this awful witch craft curse.

Go Gophers!!

I didn’t see Dr Don answer. Someone wake him up from his nap and see what he thinks.

AS I’m only 36 yrs old I hope the Gophers get the axe back before I die.

Since I'm in my mid 60's, no I'll probably be gone. Damn

You won't be worm food. YET! Global warming will force all the badgers onto the roads and become roadkill.

There will be a day of reckoning before you settle into your real retirement. You may have to wear Depends because there will be boatloads of s@#&t&$g along the way.

BS Pete.

Indiana, Northwestern and UW have the toughest admission standards for student athletes in the B1G.

Andersen left UW because he couldn’t get some of his flunky JuCo recruits through admissions. Your post was just factually wrong.

BS Pete.

Indiana, Northwestern and UW have the toughest admission standards for student athletes in the B1G.

Andersen left UW because he couldn’t get some of his flunky JuCo recruits through admissions. Your post was just factually wrong.

Indiana's is 13th, ahead of only Iowa. Minnesota is tied for 3rd with Maryland, behind only Northwestern and Michigan. wisconsin's acceptance rate is tied for 7th with Rutgers, which is fitting since wisconsin is a lot like New Jersey, just without the classy people.

And to stay on topic, we'll probably live to see the axe, assuming the world doesn't come to an end in the next 2 years.

Badger thinks MIT is safety school for UW hopefuls

What does overall acceptance rate have to do with football players? Every school - every single one - makes admissions exceptions for football players. Are we really casting stones after admitting Jeff Jones as a non-qualifier?

What does overall acceptance rate have to do with football players? Every school - every single one - makes admissions exceptions for football players. Are we really casting stones after admitting Jeff Jones as a non-qualifier?

wisconsin fans claim that Stanford is the wisconsin of the west, yet it's just another B1G university. And you are absolutely correct about every school letting a coach get away with one from time to time, but badger fans seem to think that their poet-warriors make Michigan's look like illiterate scum. The only difference between Jeff Jones and whomever they've snuck in is that Jones' story didn't have a happy ending.

Top Bottom