Gophers receive Juco QB commitment

You can't spell victory without Victor, right? Corny, I know, but wow is this a much needed shot in the arm. Welcome to the team, Vic!

Good news. Now to get him people to throw the ball to.

Watched a little of his highlights. Now that is the arm strength of a division 1 QB. Specifically, look at the throws at :46 and 1:30 and compare that to the zip on Croft's ball. There were very good reasons as to why so much of the passing playbook was off limits this year.

I dunno man. This smells like a fraud. Pretty sure that is Cody Poock in the photos with Fleck.

:cool:

To me this is the best news for Gopher Football since we beat Washington State! Welcome Vic!

Realizing that the film is against JC competition, it looks like this kid has all the tools. Size, toughness, mobility, elusiveness, and can really fire the ball. I hope our redshirted receiving corps can accent Tyler Johnson and be viable receiving targets.

Ah, and he's gonna need to work on a feet first slide to avoid injury...

This is a good news day.

Dude’s 240. He ain’t sliding.

Why did he go the JUCO route after having numerous big time offers, and committing to Cal?

He went the JC route because of a switch of coaches at Cal, and this way he got an additional year of playing time versus being a Freshman on the bench.

My hope for next season is already rising. The off-season is the best season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty upbeat about our WRs next year, and now our QB as well. We just need to get some of those JUCO OLs to sign up so we have more depth on the line. I'd think Minnesota would be an ideal place for a JUCO OL -- playing time and solid coaches, with solid running backs and now a solid QB. Guess I'm feeling pretty upbeat for next year already...

I'm pretty upbeat about our WRs next year, and now our QB as well. We just need to get some of those JUCO OLs to sign up so we have more depth on the line. I'd think Minnesota would be an ideal place for a JUCO OL -- playing time and solid coaches, with solid running backs and now a solid QB. Guess I'm feeling pretty upbeat for next year already...

Completely agree. We need 1-2 Juco o-linemen in this class.

Bateman and Bell. Jake Paulson. Spann-Ford.

JG -

You follow this stuff closer than I do. Any chance Spann-Ford becomes a DE? His highlight tape is real impressive from that side of the ball and I'm a little worried he might not be a perfect fit for what PJ likes (liked?) to do. He might not be fast enough for WR and he used TEs more as blockers.

We put a JUCO football team out there this year...why not bring in some more! Let's become K-State North. [emoji41]

Sorry if I missed this but how many years of eligibility?

JG -

You follow this stuff closer than I do. Any chance Spann-Ford becomes a DE? His highlight tape is real impressive from that side of the ball and I'm a little worried he might not be a perfect fit for what PJ likes (liked?) to do. He might not be fast enough for WR and he used TEs more as blockers.

I'm not JG, but to me, Spann-Ford could be the type of player who changes what a coach typically does or likes to do. It's easy to look at the raw stats for Lingen and Wozniak and say nothing changed from Fleck's time in Kalamazoo, but the raw stats were similar on about 60% of the passing volume.

pj doesn't croot jc

Oh. GOTCHA journalism right there!

You got PJ in a box!

When he said he prefers to go with youth instead of JUCO, he's contradicting what he's doing now.
That's a real GOTCHA!!!

You win. PJ loses!

Should we tar and feather PJ? Maybe we can get Fleck to issue a public apology?
Should we fire him?

This is great that you boxed him up like this.

Can't wait to see what PJ does now!

Separated at birth?
b5ba20895fd531962e5f2ca1f1c2a215.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Dude’s 240. He ain’t sliding.

I've seen a few different weights listed.

-Riverside CC listed him at 230 this season.
-Rivals listed him at 216, but who knows when that's from....
-Cal listed him at 240 when he signed, but that was 22 months ago.

Top Bottom